Wedding Party
Options

Need help translating brides intent

Re: Need help translating brides intent

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:042cda3d-2c7e-470e-a7c4-7069c591c826">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of call name calling is a type of bullying, ask a counselor, teacher or parent! You all are attacking me for no reason, you don't even know me! If she actually wanted advice there wouldn't have been name calling or any attacking. She wouldn't have sent me this link to read all the horrible thing you all are saying about me. She chose to post this pile of lies then to actually talk to me. If her hair was that big of a deal we could have done a french twist or something to hide her tips. She didn't come to me about anything. Everytime I asked her about her getting the dress she had an excuse as to why she couldn't do it. The only I asked of any of my WP is to purchase the dress and shoes! Why don't you all practice the good ole saying "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"
    Posted by mpierce27[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I am a teacher, thanks. And, I'm sorry but you seem to have missed *my* point. No one has been habitually, consistently, calling you names to the point where you cannot function normally and is causing you extreme anxiety (since you continue to return to this thread to comment where all the "bullies" are). Yes name calling falls under the umbrella of bullying but fact is, you have not been bullied at all. By trivializing bullying (as you have done) you're making it that much harder for people to take you seriously.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, you still seem fixated on her hair. You're missing another point: her hair is not your business. She is a grown woman who knows how to make herself look nice. Your Bms are supposed to be your nearest and dearest. This is not how you treat those people.</div><div>
    </div><div>No one is attacking you. They've given you their opinions; just because you don't like them doesn't mean you've been attacked. 

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:dbd63f1a-bc3f-441f-b613-e2399d448fb1">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Frankly the fact that anyone feels they have a right or place to judge me, attack me without knowing me speaks volumes as to what kind of people you are. I'm sorry that you all feel you have the right to treat a perfect stranger this way. Trying taking your own advice treat people the way you want to be treated.
    Posted by mpierce27[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh sweetie. No one is judging you. They just vehemently disagree with how you've been treating your BMs.</div><div>
    </div><div>You seem to be making just as many judgements about us, FYI. </div><div>Pot, meet kettle.

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Well I feel sorry for the parents who have kids in your class. I also feel sorry for any children you have. kettle pot! Grow up. All of this is a mute point you are all rude attacking disrepectful human beings who never left high school. She made her choice, I made the mistake of ever condidering her my friend. I'm completely fine with her removing herself from my life and wedding. I'm only sorry it didn't happen sooner.
  • Options
    Well when one on this post knows me but decides to call me names yeah that judging. Grow up mine your own business.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:d3abf713-5695-45f6-ab71-7f0598697b5e">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I feel sorry for the parents who have kids in your class. I also feel sorry for any children you have. kettle pot! Grow up. All of this is a mute point you are all rude attacking disrepectful human beings who never left high school. She made her choice, I made the mistake of ever condidering her my friend. I'm completely fine with her removing herself from my life and wedding. I'm only sorry it didn't happen sooner.
    Posted by mpierce27[/QUOTE]
    OK. Glad you created an account today just to come in and call foul and "Look! Bullies, bullies!" If you're done with this friend and glad she is gone, I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of you, so best of luck with your planning and your wedding! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I sure as hell didn't call anyone names, but right of the bat you all didb to me. For the record my other BMs think she id the ass not me, they don't think I did anything wrong or asked too much of them. If she felt she couldn't handle it she never should have accepted the invitation or let it get this far or even posted this.
  • Options
    Wow really I'm surprise any of you are even allowed to post these things or the fact that you all have no lives and have to butt in when you know nothing about me but continue to treat me this way, way to be mature adults! I didn't just create an account to defend myself. Nor should I have to defend myself to strangers who don't know me!
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:89abe6ac-bbc1-4589-b52a-2bc1bb9c9094">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow really I'm surprise any of you are even allowed to post these things or the fact that you all have no lives and have to butt in when you know nothing about me but continue to treat me this way, way to be mature adults! <strong>I didn't just create an account to defend myself. Nor should I have to defend myself to strangers who don't know me!</strong>
    So then why are you attempting to?  If you don't feel you need to, just.....you know....don't. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Why are you all so immature that you think say rude horrible things is the way to handle anything, why don' t all of you try being more respectful to your peers. The fact that this was even posted and there has not been a single post not saying something negative about me or my MOH. Yet this whole thing was for "advice" haha. thats a joke and unlike the rest of you, I don't kick while their down nor do i stand by and let people attack me! Stop saying rude awful things. Seriously, why do I have to ask a bunch of adults to grow up and stop the name calling and insults? Why don't you all look in the mirror before you ever put some one down again. You have no place to speak to me or about me. Just stop posting if you have nothing good to say. Try be a postive influncne instead of a negative one. What goes around comes around. Karma. Treat people the way you want to be treated, you know the basics of human decentcy?
  • Options
    Okay MPierce, I apologize for name calling. Allow me to rephrase: You are ACTING like a big bag of cray cray. Seriously, stop. All these rants are just making you look ridiculous. If you don't like what anyone has to say, leave.
  • Options
    Wow not only is it agsinst the website policy it's also against the law for cyber attacking and bullying. I feel very sorry all of you, who think it's ok to treat people this way. Really this quite sad.
  • Options
    Oh there is a bully here all right. It's the one stalking her friend, tearing down her appearance in public, making wild accusations, and being as ugly as possible to everyone involved.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:af00ec12-083f-4db3-8ce0-510b2ec18d9a">Re: Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are you all so immature that you think say rude horrible things is the way to handle anything, why don' t all of you try being more respectful to your peers. The fact that this was even posted and there has not been a single post not saying something negative about me or my MOH. Yet this whole thing was for "advice" haha. thats a joke and unlike the rest of you, I don't kick while their down nor do i stand by and let people attack me! Stop saying rude awful things. Seriously, why do I have to ask a bunch of adults to grow up and stop the name calling and insults? Why don't you all look in the mirror before you ever put some one down again. You have no place to speak to me or about me. Just stop posting if you have nothing good to say. Try be a postive influncne instead of a negative one. What goes around comes around. Karma. Treat people the way you want to be treated, you know the basics of human decentcy?
    Why do you keep repeating yourself? I feel like you're suggesting we're too dumb to understand you. That hurts my feelers that you would insinuate I'm dumb. Now it is I who feel bullied by you. <div>
    </div><div>You've said your piece. We heard you. Repeatedly. If you don't like it here, nobody is holding you hostage here on TK. I know if I don't like a place or certain people, I simply don't return to that place or hang out with those people. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:be00e18b-11d1-41e1-89cd-de49a49a2eed">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow not only is it agsinst the website policy it's also against the law for cyber attacking and bullying. I feel very sorry all of you, who think it's ok to treat people this way. Really this quite sad.

I don't think you understand what a cyber attack is. This is not one. I work in the industry. If you actually get hacked, that is a cyber attack.

Also, by the writing style, I honestly think OP and the "bride" are the same person.
  • Options
    Funny I say the samething about her and everyone on this post! I only defended myself, I didn't say anything that wasn't true, I didn't post the orignial post I sure as hell did call any one names! She gave me the link and told me to look at what ever one was saying about me, if she didn't want me to see it she wouldn't have posted, nor would she have sent me the link. She didn't ask for advice she, nor did she recieve it fromn the first post on it's all about me being crazy, bridezilla, and what not. Again speaks volumes to your charatcers that you all continue to do this!
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:28c31b8a-88b9-409f-af1c-f0c5582fb5e4">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Need help translating brides intent : I don't think you understand what a cyber attack is. This is not one. I work in the industry. If you actually get hacked, that is a cyber attack. Also, by the writing style, <strong>I honestly think OP and the "bride" are the same person.</strong>
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]
    I said the same thing in an invisible sidebar conversation a couple hours ago. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:8b3dba11-e513-4f4a-a837-b000ebece70c">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Need help translating brides intent : I said the same thing in an invisible sidebar conversation a couple hours ago. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

I rather thought I liked you, Addie. Now I know I do!  =)
  • Options
    Hrm... I may be starting to detect the wet fetid smell of a troll...

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:449318dc-ff33-4278-9cd4-38e7d8571a30">Re: Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't get past the fact that she said "mute point"
    Posted by missax[/QUOTE]
    I almost commented on that as well, but figured it would make me a bully. And Sax, I don't know if you stalk the FFF threads on E, but I totes gave you lovins this past Friday. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:11d60898-e521-46a9-ba47-a80622936831">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Need help translating brides intent : I rather thought I liked you, Addie. Now I know I do!  =)
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]
     Woot!  Yeah, I have a theory about what's going on on the interwebz this week. 
  • Options

Anniversary

• Options
    No ladies trust me we are two completely different people. I've been requested to remove the post but am giving you a courtesy notice. Yes I was her BM and thought she was my best friend. Unfortunately things are damaged beyond repair. I thank you all again for your understanding and helping me. I greatly appreciate it. Eta removal in 5 when I have my computer up
  • Options
    I would love a foil hat!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:e5be26c3-cdc3-4ac8-9c12-c124888310a2">Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]So a little background: I've considered the bride to be my best friend for many years. I was elated when she said she was getting married. To start off, the bride told me she wanted me to be her MOH but that if she picked me then a gal she had been friends with for many years that had been expecting to be her MOH would be offended and stop being her friend. She stated that the MOH was planning on relocating and then I would step into the duties of MOH until the wedding day when the actual MOH would be standing with her etc hope that wasn't too jumbled. I asked her several months later what I need to plan for asking if the intent was the same and she let me know that the MOH was able to continue that's great! : happy it got worked out. So I am a BM which I'm honored to be. We went to 4 different stores looking for dresses and she found the perfect gown and BM dresses. The experience was wonderful. To boot the dress is decently priced 160.00 which is nice. Fast forward 2 more months: there are 2 BM including myself and the MOH. The MOH decided to have the bachelorette party in her new area. I do have a young child and would have to be away for 2days not too big of a deal. When I was asked my thoughts by the bride I mentioned the potential cost and requested a round about so I could save I work PT and the MOH didn't give us a cost to be there. I haven't heard about it since then and didn't think anything of it. The bride informed me that the other BM was planning the shower and I had expressed that I wanted to help plan. The bride was excited and told me to contact the other BM. I contacted the other BM and hadn't heard a word back for over a month when the BM contacted us stating she had everything planned and just needed money for something specific professionally. Since I hadn't been spoken to by the others in quite some time, the excess of 1100 I had saved to assist was spent on bills to help my family and school loan. The bride contacted me asking my thoughts about what BM asked. Since she asked my thoughts I told her that it sucked that I had wanted to help with the planning and was ignored/excluded until money was needed. She immediately became offended a took it as me only caring about money. She has asked me to prioritize her in my budget as well. That if I couldn't live up to the duties of a bridesmaid, that it is my job to pay for whatever planning the others have made, that I shouldn't be a bridesmaid. The bride then asked me about my dress and I let her know that I would get measured in a week and can pay for it then, i had the money but my family needed help and all the dresses have to be paid for before they can order. She continued to berate me stating that if I didn't have it done by the time the others that I'm not a bridesmaid, mind you the other wont be measured for 2 weeks and I stated I would have it done by the end of this week. She went on about how this isn't fair to her, the others and her fiance. That I don't care about her special day and I'm being selfish. She then went on about a topic I thought we had squashed several months ago which was about hair. My hair is a different color at the bottom, it was naturally done by my body when I was pregnant and currently is just the last 6 inches, it is not drastic from my current color. Several months ago I was told I had to cut or dye my hair for her wedding because "my hair is two tone and it doesn't look good". I found a remedy that I told her which was I would put lemon in my hair to lighten it or since the wedding is 7months away I would have cut off the split ends gradually by then because i donate my hair to locks of love every 3 years so dying it is out of the question mind you our hair will be in buns at her wedding. The MOH on the other hand is planning on dying her hair black and having purple highlights in the wedding, but my natural hair isn't acceptable because it "isn't one shade". She said some very cruel things and I was her doormat. I kept calm and let her get it out. She then apologized for what she said and was "tired of everyone being uncooperative and opinionated". I kept telling her that its HER day and that it seems I'm stressing her out so I was going to step down like requested. She is now recanting everything she said and wants me to wait a week and then decide, even though I have graciously backed out she won't accept that I have. If this is how it is going to be for the next 7months, I know our friendship will be ruined. I want to be there for her but I REFUSE to be this punching bag and treated this way when she gets stressed from the others especially. Please help.
    Posted by Atlossforwords[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>JIC.

</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Things got suspiciously quiet. Good call, Peek. 
  • Options
    She said she was going to DD.  If Bridezilla requested it, I'm definitely not going to let it happen.  Crazypants just don't deserve being locked in a closet.  They need air to breathe!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So it looks like I'm unable to remove the post. I do appreciate the advice you all have given me but at this point it would be best to stop posting on this thread. As I said before yes we are 2 different people and I do thank you for the advice.
  • Options

Holy balls of crazy.
    I would like to say thank you, mpierce, for making my slow afternoon go by a lot more quickly.
    That was fine entertainment.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:8c44bf3b-87a9-45f4-b765-b43b40937d93">Re: Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

I was just about to bust out my HP troll gif!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-translating-brides-intent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9066d211-1d5d-48f0-9ef1-352a138b194ePost:d3abf713-5695-45f6-ab71-7f0598697b5e">Re:Need help translating brides intent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I feel sorry for the parents who have kids in your class. I also feel sorry for any children you have. kettle pot! Grow up. All of this is a mute point <strong>you are all rude attacking disrepectful human beings who never left high school</strong>. She made her choice, I made the mistake of ever condidering her my friend. I'm completely fine with her removing herself from my life and wedding. I'm only sorry it didn't happen sooner.

That's being rude and attacking the others.   Sorry Charlie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards