Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions

I think I'm overly emotional this week, but I cried like a baby when my BFF got engaged.  I also got sad because I didn't invite her to my wedding... and I started thinking about how sad I will be if she doesn't invite me to hers.

I was watching "If You Really Knew Me" on MTV the other night... and it also made me cry.  They were talking about cyber-bullying, and I thought back to some nasty things I've said on these boards and felt bad.  I'm going to be nicer.

Your turn.

Re: Confessions

• I had a total meltdown on Saturday after visiting my best friend.  I love her dearly, but she is younger than me, owns a beautiful new home, and is 6 months pregnant (and can afford 6 months of mat leave!).  She has everything DH and I want but can't quite afford because of our stupidfuucking student loans.  I cried.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I wish my work would start firing people to save money instead of doing company-wide furloughs and salary reductions.  There are several of my coworkers who know they won't get fired and are taking advantage of that by getting very lazy in their work.  There is one coworker in particular whose mistakes I have been cleaning up, and it makes me livid that I am losing money so people like her can stay on board.
  • Arbs, we've got the exact same issue at my company.  5 furlough days this year, and more next year.  No raise in 2 years.  But there are people who DO NOT BELONG here.
  • Speaking of crying..

FI and I are Netflixing all the seasons of 24 from the beginning. Even though I've seen them all, he's only seen the last 2 years. I'll confess that when we were watching Season 2 a few weeks ago, when Jack was on the airplane with the nuclear bomb and he called his daughter to say goodbye... I BAWLED my eyes out even though I knew that he wasn't actually going to die.
  • kiki- why wasnt BFF invited to your wedding?
  • This isn't really a confession, per se, but I made my H start taking vitamins because his eating habits are shiit, and if we're going to be making a baby, I want both of us to bring some effort to the table. If I have to take vitamins, so does he. 

I can't wait for college to start back so my crazy sister will stop calling me 7 times a day and finally be occupied. She is driving me up the wall. 

• golden- I had a small DW, immediate family only.
  • I thought of a great confession yesterday.  But, I totally forget.  I hate that.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:fb2d53ae-4dcc-410d-a6c8-38faf78326c8">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Arbs, we've got the exact same issue at my company.  5 furlough days this year, and more next year.  No raise in 2 years.  But there are people who DO NOT BELONG here.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Same.  I've been here almost three years and never gotten a raise, and because of the overall salary reductions, I'm actually making less than when I started.  it does make me feel like kind of a b!tch because I know with this economy we should all be thankful we have jobs/that they are trying to keep the unemployment rate down, etc., but the more work I have to do b/c of this coworker either messing up or being out of the office, the more annoyed I get.
  • Brie- I'm so exactly in that same position. It's tough, because I feel jealous AND guilty at the same time because my life doesn't suck at all, but it's hard to see other people moving on to other stages.
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:9484bb1f-69d7-4da6-b3b2-1aebf0578de6">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]This isn't really a confession, per se, but I made my H start taking vitamins because his eating habits are shiit, and if we're going to be making a baby, I want both of us to bring some effort to the table. If I have to take vitamins, so does he.   
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]
    tehehe.. I love this.

I found out earlier today that my older sister, who is pregnant, not only has gestational diabetes severely enough that she has to give herself injections twice daily, she also has preecclampsia, and the doctor is talking about performing a c-section even though she's only 31 weeks.  I feel really bad for her, but I can only hope that she realizes she needs to take better care of herself as the preecclampsia can be caused by weight, not to mention the 2 packs a day she was smoking when she got pregnant.  *sigh*  She ate like crap before, and was incredibly sedentary and I can just hope that she starts doing the right things for her body.
  • I found out yesterday that the problem I'm suffering from work (not enough work) is widespread.  There is one team that has had NO work for 3 months.  NONE.

I think it's ridiculous the amount of money that's being wasted around here and I KNOW the issue has been brought up to management but they don't think there is a problem so nothing gets done.

It's stupid.

On the other hand, I was quite happy to learn that I wasn't going to get fired for doing nothing, they're aware of the problem and it's ok.  Even though it is NOT ok.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • i have a crush on zac efron.  i am seeing charlie st.cloud even though i heard it's stupid.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I'm NOT going to miss the first week of school this year.
    Or the second.
    Or the third for the matter.

Who the heck am I kidding?  I ain't gonna miss anything about the whole year!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:099f1e91-b5ca-4822-b15d-a34ec42866f9">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I wish my work would start firing people to save money instead of doing company-wide furloughs and salary reductions.</strong>  There are several of my coworkers who know they won't get fired and are taking advantage of that by getting very lazy in their work.  There is one coworker in particular whose mistakes I have been cleaning up, and it makes me livid that I am losing money so people like her can stay on board.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]
    I have to take 24! 12 of them before Jan. 1st! I just got a raise after 2 years and it's basically moot now because of the furloughs :(
  • I confess that I wasn't playing with FH when I told him that if he didn't find his birth cert. and ss card, I would take my sister on our honeymoon. SN....he found them this morning.

I confess that I, at times, feel like I am spending waaay more on this wedding then FH is. But then I have to also realize that I have 100 more people coming to the wedding then he does.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • I confess that although I feel really sad that my sister is going through such a horrible divorce, I wish she would own up to her own part in this just a little. No one deserves what she's going through, but she could hardly say it came out of the blue. When she met him he was married to someone else and my sister became his mistress. After they were married, my sister helped him hide income from his ex-wife so he would have to pay less in support. I'm also pretty sure she helped him find tax loopholes for his business. 

So now she's surprised that he cheated on her, isn't paying child support and the IRS is looking for him? Huh? Come on. At least admit that you made some bad decisions here.
  • I feel like everyone is melting down this weekend.  Myself included.

I freaked out yesterday because we got our final bill from the reception hall.  It's pretty much exactly what we planned (and $3K LESS than we budgeted, so yay for that!) but the idea of handing over 75% of it THIS weekend, three months before the date, has me panicking.  I KNOW that we're going to be fine, and we still have quite a bit left in the bank, but I'm so paranoid about money that it just kills me to write any large checks of that amount.  And I took it out on FI, and it was an all-over bad move.

My counselor was on vacation the past few weeks, and I threw my anxieties into window shopping online (fortunately not doing any spending).  I need to stop satisfying my anxiety with material things; it doesn't work.

Oh, and I confess that I really want a new handbag that I seriously don't need.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:785c2ea0-b533-4c88-864c-6c96e2a5b8b7">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a total meltdown on Saturday after visiting my best friend.  I love her dearly, but she is younger than me, owns a beautiful new home, and is 6 months pregnant (and can afford 6 months of mat leave!).  She has everything DH and I want but can't quite afford because of our stupidfuucking student loans.  I cried.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

I'd cry over this, too.  When you see what my fiance and I make every year put together, the number is awesome.  But, when you notice how much of it goes to student loans and him getting out of the law school hole, it's heart breaking.

I confess to having nightmares over the past few days.  Honest to God, can't go back to sleep, sort of want to cry in the middle of the night and wake up my fiance, nightmares.  I feel like I'm about seven years old.  I have no idea what is causing it but, because it's a good cop out, I blame hormones and birth control :)
  • I miss some of the people who post on SB now.  I wish they would post here, too.  And not hate me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:4ed4ff47-e56b-4b7b-a86e-b186c4b2fecc">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions :I confess to having nightmares over the past few days.  Honest to God, can't go back to sleep, sort of want to cry in the middle of the night and wake up my fiance, nightmares.  I feel like I'm about 7 seven years old.  I have no idea what is causing it but, because it's a good cop out, I blame hormones and birth control :)
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

I had those over the weekend, really vivid, horrific ones each night.  I'd wake up freaking out and hyperventilating.  They finally went away after three days, I think because I was so exhausted from the poor sleep that I just passed out.  I hope you have a good night's sleep soon.

• I confess that I felt really sorry for myself last week because I don't have many friends around here.  Almost everyone we invited to my birthday dinner was FI's friend, and I invited our neighbors because I wanted someone there who was friends with me first.  I've lived here for 3 years, and 4 years of college before that, and I still don't have anyone here that I want at my birthday party.  I feel pathetic.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:4ed4ff47-e56b-4b7b-a86e-b186c4b2fecc">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I'd cry over this, too.  When you see what my fiance and I make every year put together, the number is awesome.  But, when you notice how much of it goes to student loans and him getting out of the law school hole, it's heart breaking.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  I have a panic attack every month when I pay my student loan bill.  My student loans are more than our monthly rent.  DH's are slightly less because he's smart and got scholarships, but combined we pay about $1600/month in loans.

I just don't see how we're ever going to own a home or have kids with that epic moneysuck in our lives.  And it makes me hyperventilate.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:68fcf008-11e0-4be7-83b0-5b5bc298085d">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I had those over the weekend, really vivid, horrific ones each night.  I'd wake up freaking out and hyperventilating. 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>A few nights ago I dreamed that Dexter (as in Showtime/book/serial killer Dexter) was in space. He was on a ship and had a woman he was planning to kill with him. He was psychologically messing with her before killing her. Of course, she was aware they were in space so she knew there was no one to help her. It was horrible and terrifying and I couldn't sleep after. Yeah, when my brain decides to produce a nightmare....</div><div>
    </div><div>BTW I blame shellydiane for this dream. I'm pretty sure it was her new Dexter siggy that inspired the dream in the first place.</div>
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:68fcf008-11e0-4be7-83b0-5b5bc298085d">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I had those over the weekend, really vivid, horrific ones each night.  I'd wake up freaking out and hyperventilating.  They finally went away after three days, I think because I was so exhausted from the poor sleep that I just passed out.  I hope you have a good night's sleep soon.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Aw - thank you, Bay!  I'm glad I'm not the only adult who occasionally has nightmares.  I usually only have them when I have a fever, so this is just baffling. 

EDIT: I had to kill Robert DeNiro in one of them.  He was chasing me and wanted to rape me or something.  I had to slit his throat with a toothpick (one of those curved ones they use at the dentist office to remove plaque).  That dream was ...messed up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:bd382936-908b-48de-a111-b3cad5f99e6d">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss some of the people who post on SB now.  I wish they would post here, too.  And not hate me.
    SUPERHUG.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:5d7afd06-0f2b-4552-9911-86be73ef6773">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : A few nights ago I dreamed that Dexter (as in Showtime/book/serial killer Dexter) was in space. He was on a ship and had a woman he was planning to kill with him. He was psychologically messing with her before killing her. Of course, she was aware they were in space so she knew there was no one to help her. It was horrible and terrifying and I couldn't sleep after. Yeah, when my brain decides to produce a nightmare.... BTW I blame shellydiane for this dream. I'm pretty sure it was her new Dexter siggy that inspired the dream in the first place.
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Haha!

I had a nightmare a few years ago that one of my guy friends turned into Hannibal Lecter and ate Jodi Foster right in front of me (yes it was after watching Silence of the Lambs).  I felt like such a tool when I woke up.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:bd382936-908b-48de-a111-b3cad5f99e6d">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss some of the people who post on SB now.  I wish they would post here, too.  And not hate me.

They hate you?  I kinda get the feeling that they don't particularly care for anyone who didn't join 'em.  You know, the old "if you ain't with us, you're agin us!" sentiment.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:5d16822f-e0a6-4704-a106-fcf154f87461">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I wasn't playing with FH when I told him that if he didn't find his birth cert. and ss card, I would take my sister on our honeymoon. SN....he found them this morning. I confess that I, at times, feel like I am spending waaay more on this wedding then FH is. But then I have to also realize that I have 100 more people coming to the wedding then he does.
    Posted by MISSCOURTNEY20[/QUOTE]

Isn't it kinda "split"? Like you shouldn't be keeping track that you spent $X more than he did.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5713850-a967-43c4-9ad8-dfdea59c797aPost:debb990b-f220-4697-95ee-d530a177a41a">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I felt really sorry for myself last week because I don't have many friends around here.  Almost everyone we invited to my birthday dinner was FI's friend, and I invited our neighbors because I wanted someone there who was friends with me first.  I've lived here for 3 years, and 4 years of college before that, and I still don't have anyone here that I want at my birthday party.  I feel pathetic.
    Posted by rubyredlucy[/QUOTE]

I think that making friends in a new place as an adult is one of the hardest things I've ever done.  In a way, I've given up.  Where I work, people are friendly, but distant and no one seems to make friendships.  At least not in my department.

I have little in common with my neighbours - most of whom are early twenties and either partying a lot or starting families.  And, from the looks of their houses, vehicles and yards, way more materialistic that I can handle.

It sucks and I've realized that I'm lucky that Herbert is from the city and has family and friends here.    I had some friends when I was single, but now that I'm married, most of them have reduced and/or stopped contact with me.  I've tried to maintain contact, but I suppose when what you have in common is being single, marriage removes that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards