New York-Western

Reasonable Rochester NY area photographer?

I really am not sure where to start when it comes to looking for photographers. I want someone who is reasonably priced. I love the "photo journalistic" type pictures, but I know they are more expensive. I also know it doesnt take much talent to actually take the picture and what you are mostly paying for is the editing. Anyways, just looking for some advice or suggestions from everyone on who they have used or will be using! Thanks :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Reasonable Rochester NY area photographer?

• edited December 2011
    We went with Magic Moments Photography because we loved the photo journalistic style as well. We've had our engagement pics done and they're phenomenal! Just like the example galleries on the site (whew!). What I loved the most is that Eric is a trained photographer, so other than sepia/black and white he doesn't need to do post-editing.

He lists his prices on his site and has optional packages at different price points.

Hope that's a start for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jennifer Allis Photography based out of Gasport and I cannot say enough good things about her.  Here are some shots from our engagement shoot: Clicky.  
    It's a husband and wife team and they do incredible work.  Jennifer is so sweet and fun.  I love working with her.  Even my FI, who hates getting his picture taken, really likes her.  Her prices are just ridiculous--ridiculous insofar as what I was initially looking to pay for a photographer in Maine for four hours of coverage (and that's ALL I was getting), I'm getting engagement photos, a coffee-table engagement album, all-day wedding coverage IN MAINE, a wedding album, and full all-day coverage of another wedding-related event, like the at-home reception we're still in the midst of planning.. and that's INCLUDING her travel and accommodations AND her husband Kevin as a second shooter.  Her prices may have changed slightly for 2012 weddings, but for what you get, it's just insane.  She's also super speedy.  We got the proofs of our e-pics back a week after our e-shoot and the layout for our engagement book two weeks after.  She has amazing prices on stuff like photo postcards for announcements, thank you cards..
    Sorry this is kind of long, I just know that for me, photography was seriously one of the most important parts of planning.  I was so friggin' happy when I found her!
    Really HTH, and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Empire West Photo.  I love them so far and our E-pics came out fantastic.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We used Sonia Maria Photography and she was absolutely fabulious and very reasonably priced.  We didn't need all the bells and whistles or a ton of time (as we had a small/casual wedding) and she provided exactly what we needed and took some great pictures.   The gallery she has on her site has okay pictures but I think it's from earlier in her career.  Her more recent pictures are wonderful and can be found on her blog (link)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with
    www.photochica.com/" target="_blank" title="http://www.photochica.com/">www.photochica.com

Her name is Jenniffer Merida. She also has a facebook pages." photoCHICA".  I've seen her work, she came highly recommended.

She been a sweetheart to work with already.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards