Massachusetts-Boston

Barmakian Wedding Band Sale?

Hi Ladies-

I was wondering anyone knows whether or not Barmakian's has an annual sale on wedding bands in March? I feel like I remember hearing that from somewhere, but I'm not sure.  My wedding is coming up in June, so I figured I'd just wait to go in March......but I haven't heard anything so I'm getting a little nervous there is no sale!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Barmakian Wedding Band Sale?

• edited December 2011
    Yup, they are starting March 12. 
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Long's Jewelers is also having one in March, 3/26 to 3/28 this year!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my wedding band and H's there...amazing deals!  I could afford the band I wanted because of the sale and I was more than pleased.  I would highly suggest checking it out!
  • edited December 2011
    Although I haven't gotten myband yet, FI got my engagement ring there and it is beautiful. The service is  great too.
  • ebigelowebigelow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info - I've been waiting to find out when this is too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I will wait until March 12th and then go!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yea! Right when I get back from vacation, I have an excuse to drag FI there now-- and he loves a deal :)

Do they only do this once a year? How much of a discount are we talking?
  • ebigelowebigelow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it is only once a year...i'm not sure how much the discount is, but i think i heard somewhere it may be 10%??  does anyone know how much of a discount the long's sale is?  just wondering which one has a better deal or if they are about the same...
  • erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I went to the one in Nashua today thinking we'd just browse but they gave us the sale (10% off) early so we ended up buying.  I was really impressed with the selection, quality and price!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh actually I think my FI's was 15% and mine was only 10%.  We ended up paying for both what I was expecting only mine to cost.
  • edited December 2011
    I believe the sale at Long's is also 10%, so it's about the same.  I think FI and I will drive up to NH to save an extra 5% on the tax....so we will be saving 15%.  At this point, every little bit helps since we have gone over budget on almost everything else!!
  • samiam0270samiam0270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in June 2011 but this Barmakian sale intrigues me.  Do you guys think it's too early to buy wedding bands in March 2010 for a June 2011 wedding?  Or is it never too early?  If this is an annual sale I suppose I could wait until March 2011, but is that cutting it too close to get bands 3 months before the big day?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For what it's worth I'm getting married this June and it's taking ours only 2 weeks to be engraved and ready to pick up.   Not sure if you're interested in custom, how long custom things take, or if Barmakian even does custom.  I've pretty much always known what I wanted so it probably depends on your personality (if you are prone to changing your mind a lot) if you'd order more than a year out.  Yes they do have this sale every spring though.
  • edited December 2011
    We're buying our bands this coming weekend and when we asked about ETAs, they said 2-3 weeks. The only custom thing about my band is the size (hello, pencil fingers).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards