Not Engaged Yet
Options

My Friday Surprise

Last night, after a long walk around the falls and going out for dinner, my now fiancé and I came back home.  While I poured us glasses of water to rehydrate, he played an album on the record player.  It was a song by The Black Keys, “The Only One.”  (We had first heard this song together on my car radio, and even though we arrived at our destination, we stayed in the car and listened to it all the way through.)  On this evening, we started slow dancing to it.  Then, half way through the song, he began to tell me that the first time he heard it, he knew he wanted it playing in the background when we got engaged.  Then, he pulled the ring out of his pocket and asked me if I would be his only one!  Weeping, but not quite ugly crying, I said I would be delighted.

After the proposal, he gave me some important back story.  About a week ago, he asked my 8 year old daughter if she still wanted us to get married.  She said, “Of course!”  FI told her he was going to ask me to marry him.  Then my daughter told him Macy’s was having a sale on rings.  He showed her the engagement ring he had purchased and she was beyond excited!  What impressed me most is that she did not let slip to me that he was going to propose. I know she is just as excited as I am to finally be a family.  I can’t wait to marry the love of my life and my dearest friend.

Re: My Friday Surprise

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    Ahhhh yay!  Congrats!

LOVE the ring!  Are those tanzanites?  Amethysts?  Purple sapphires?  Regardless, it's gorgeous.  I love color in e-rings.
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Congratulations!! How exciting and what a beautiful ring!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Elle!

The center stone is moissanite and the side stones are lab created sapphire.  I really liked the idea of a pop of color in the e-ring as well.  Super giddy over here!

ETA: Thanks Ollie!

• Options
    Moissanite + colored stones?  You (or your FI -- whoever made the decision) has fabulous taste, if I do say so myself.
  • Options
    Congrats! Gorgeous ring!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    congrats I love the ring!

Anniversary

• Options
    Congratulations!!

• Options
    Congrats!! The ring is beautiful. 

Elle, I agree, I like color in e-rings :)
  • Options
    Congrats!  That is a cute story!  And I love your ring!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats!!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for all the kind words!   

jaycee, 1 week to go!  How exciting!

Elle, when we decided we should not use diamonds, I told FI that I liked the idea of colored side stones. Initially I was imagining light blue (close to aquamarine coloring), the sales lady who worked with us used a sharpie to color the side stones of the store rings to help us decide.  When we saw the purple, we knew that was it!

• Options
    Its beautiful, Congratulations! :D
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! What a beautiful proposal. Your ring is spectacular!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Congrats! Such a sweet story & your ring in beautiful!

• Options
    Oh my! How sweet! I am impressed that your daughter could keep such a HUGE secret! When I was 8 I think I would have blabbed on accident! Your ring is stunning by the way. I think the cut really flatters your finger (does that sound super weird?). Congrats!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm late to the party, but... YAY Congrats!

I really love the pop of color from the side stones, so pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!! Love that ring!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations! What a beautiful story!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  How sweet that he asked your daughters opinion and got her approval.  Beautiful ring too ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    edited May 2012
    Awww, thanks everyone.  I have been surrounded by love and encouragement the last few days from friends and family.  All the positivity and support has been amazing.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards