Maryland
Options

Plus Size Bridesmaid (DC / MD / VA)

Ladies,

There's some urgency around me finding a gown for a wedding I'm in (July 09). The bride is "visual" and needs to see me in a dress so she can choose it. Do you know of ANY shops that have plus sized gowns that I could try on... preferably in Baltimore, MD.

Depending on the cut & designer, I'm between sizes 1x-2x. Your help will be greatly appreciated b/c I'm tired of crying after phone calls.

Thanks!

Re: Plus Size Bridesmaid (DC / MD / VA)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure that David's Bridal has a variety of sizes.  Did you call Bridals by Niko?  They have a huge selection of bridesmaids dresses, and I'd be shocked if they did not have some samples in larger sizes.

Sorry I'm not much help =(
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My girls got their dresses from Aria in DC. I don't know if that is too far for you but it is worth the trip! They have TONS of styles made out of a few choices of materials. My girls all got to pick different dresses after I chose the fabric and color. They girl that works there, Karen, is super nice and very helpful through email, over the phone and in person. I highly recommend them, they have great dresses and they are super helpful!

www.ariadress.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You need to call around and find places that carry the Alfred Angelo line.  They are fabulous for plus sized women!  All fo their dresses come through a size 28, in some cases a 30.  Don't cry!  It will be okay and you will find a dress that is wonderful and will make the bride happy.  All but one of my bridesmaids are plus sized!  :)  My girls are wearing these - http://s7d4.scene7.com/ir/render/AlfredAngeloRender/7017S-600?wid=340&sharpen=1&obj=main&color=192,126,135&obj=alt1&color=203,186,161
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp about Alfred Angelo, they carry lots of sizes and many bridal salons carry their line.  I also used Aria and one of my BM was plus sized and I think she looked great in their dress (PIB).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a Davids Bridal and a Alfred A in Glen Burnie on Ritchie Hwy about 5 min from each other.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards