California-Central

Where to start

Hello All,Okay so im just recently engaged and new to the site. Im trying to find a inexpensive venue in Tahoe by the water but im having trouble find a location for the reception. Someone suggested that i rent a huge house and do an outside reception in the backyard. is that tacky? i just dont want to prolong any planning and never really get around to it. I am estimating about 100 guests.Thanks in advance :)

Re: Where to start

• Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly dont know too much about tahoe.. You might want to post this on the Northern Cali board since you will get alot more answers there.. I have been to tahoe a couple of times but dont know much about having a wedding there..
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and congrats on the engagement!  I've been to several weddings in Tahoe and it was very beautiful.  Two of them did exactly what you mention above.  They rented a house and had the reception out doors in the back yard.  I don't know how elaborate you want to get, but it's totally doable!  You can rent tents, tables, chairs, etc., and be extravagant, or go the more casual route.  Either way, I think it's not tacky at all.  I would definatley get jump on the planning!  Email me for more information!  shellicabo@gmail.com
  • stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kdani, congrats! Your name sounds familiar....might I know you?
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • kdaniikdanii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Stina and thanks. I dont believe I know you unless your located in or around sacramento :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards