Connecticut
Options

Cake Tasting & Invite picking out on Saturday!

Hi ladies! FI an am having my cake tasting with Donna at Creative Cakes on Saturday. Any advice on what I should bring with me? They told me to bring pics of cakes I like.Also, I am going ot the paperstation in Newington to look at invites (I'm way behind the ball on this one!). What should I bring with me?Thanks!!

Re: Cake Tasting & Invite picking out on Saturday!

• Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We brought some pics of cakes we liked to Donna, as well as our cake topper so that she could get a visual. Also have an idea of the # of guests you'll have. Donna will most likely give you a bag of samples (you don't get to taste them all - we didn't get to taste the one we ended up choosing) and tell you to go park somewhere to sample them. Then she'll ask you to call her with your choice(s). That's how it worked with us. Her cakes are really good. We got marble cake w/ chocolate mocha cappuccino mousse. Mmm!
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when we met with her, there was another couple there finishing up (she then told us that saturday was their "open house" day, and people are always coming in and out). We stood around for a little bit before they brought out samples of the cakes they were making that day, ate them while we stood there, she asked a few questions about the number of guests, and style that i wanted, and then quickly sent us on our way and told us to call her and let her know if we wanted to use her for our cake. she said that you dont actually pick out any details until about a month before hand. i thought that since i called and made an "appointment" that we would be sitting down formally and talking about things and details and what not, but there was a lot of running around, and we didnt sit down once, which kind of confused me. i felt like we could have just walked right in and done the same thing. her cake is amazing though...i fell in love with the lemon cake with fresh strawberry filling...and she definately knows her stuff!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melko has a good point. I should have mentioned that I met Donna for the first time and tasted the cakes 3 weeks before my wedding. Melko - We just stood around too. The office seemed so cramped, so that must have been why she told us to drive down the road to a park and eat the samples.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I hate working like that! Thanks for the heads up ladies. I have tried her lemon cake...amazing!!
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ggmae-- we went with 5 months to go, and she made it seem like we were crazy to do it so soon! haha maybe i'm just ambitious and wanted to get some things checked off though...lol
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melko - We changed our venue 5 weeks before the wedding, so that changed our baker possibilities as well. That's why we did it so close to the wedding. You're smart to plan ahead!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards