North Carolina

Kim's Creative Cakes

I know a couple of you girls are using her. We had a consultation scheduled and she had to reschedule because she was sick. That was a month ago and I've emailed her twice but haven't heard anything. Has anyone heard from her lately? She was really prompt about responding to emails before, I hope everything's ok. I'm a little nervous I'm under three months out with no cake! Thanks ladies!

Re: Kim's Creative Cakes

• edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing, Allison. I am using her, and she cancelled when she was sick with me too. I emailed her last week and heard nothing.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you guys tried calling her? I'd be concerned as well :/
  • edited December 2011
    Uhhh, Allison, I just checked her website and her address is listed as Kentucky?!?!?!
  • allisonuncallisonunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Umm, that is weird. When I first contacted her she was in Kentucky, but returned to Raleigh. There is a Raleigh e-mail address and phone number listed in one of the e-mails she sent me. I'm going to call and see what the message says.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man, I hope she didn't move her business without telling anyone O_o
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, the number is not a working number. And now on her contact page online it says to call an 859 number with questions. I'm scared to call that one!
  • edited December 2011
    Let me know what the message says, Allison. I just emailed her again.
  • edited December 2011
    WTF!?!?!?!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just left a message on her Kentucky phone. It was generic, didn't say anything about cakes, just her name and to leave a message. Wow... I don't even know what to say.
  • edited December 2011
    Guess I know what I am doing today...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This sucks. I think someone else was using her too. I can't remember who though. UGH, she was the only one with pricing I liked.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no!!!!! :(   Lusher I assume you had a contract with her? Deposit? Allison you didnt, right?
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't be too worried.... This is on her contact page: I will not be available from June 18-28th and again from July 18-August 1.  Thank you.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Courtney was using her too. I'm only out $50, but I know there's no way we're gonna find pricing like hers. Ugh. Here we go again.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I didn't. I'm so sorry for those who did. That is total **** that she would just move without saying anything.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's the fact that the Raleigh number is disconnected and her new contact number is what I assume to be a Kentucky number. To me that indicates she is no loner in NC.
  • MrsMeMoMrsMeMo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim's mother had some issues, and she went out of town to be with her. She's gone until August 1st, so i'm assuming she'll get back to everyone this week.I'm not paying my final money (due Thursday) until I hear back from her though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP #2 [4.27.11] EDD [01.07.12] It's a BOY! BFP #1 EDD (10.15.11) M/C @ 6w5d Pregnancy Announcement Video Sex Announcement Video
  • edited December 2011
    Oh.. I am the other one using her.  The last time I talked to her was on June 18th.  This is her Raleigh contact info if you need it: Kim Thompson800 Van Thomas DriveRaleigh, NC 27615919-624-7319
  • edited December 2011
    For anyone looking for reasonably priced cakes, a friend of mine recommended this place: http://cakestopshop.com/wedding.htmlApparently he's worked a lot of weddings that they've done cakes for.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks shigaites. Courtney, I called that number and it was disconnected. I left a message on the Kentucky phone number, but I think I'm going to move forward with a back-up plan. I hope her mom is ok.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that her mom is having trouble. I think I'm going to start looking into a back up, too. She told us that she doesn't do contracts, and now I am thinking that I would feel more comfortable with someone that does. Keep us posted though.
  • edited December 2011
    Allison and Lusher- I just talked to my mom and she has me worried now.  It is SO sketchy that all her contact info has changed, but I am still not freaking out, and neither should you :) PS- I mentioned above that the last time I talked to her was the middle of June, but I have sent 2 other emails since then and heard nothing back at all... but I assumed it was b/c she was unavailable on those dates. My mom is going to do some dectective work tonight. She actually lives a few miles away from Kim's Raleigh home and she is going to drive by to see if there is a "For Sale" sign, if its deserted, or if she is home.  She said she wouldn't have a problem knocking on the door and nicely confronting her either.  This just seems so out of character for her.  Both her and her family seemed like good people.  Hmmm... Maybe there's a good explanation???
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully there is a good explanation! I don't see how anyone could just move without considering clients. That's great that your mom will check it out, let us know what she finds!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure there is a good explanation, but I know for me personally having a person just drop off the face of the planet I'm supposed to be doing business with would not bode well with me.  You would think she would have sent an FYI email out to her current customers or something.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL at your mom Courtney! I could swing by there at lunch...it's not far from my work. I'm not completely freaking out, but if her mom is having problems and is out of state...I just know that things can get tough in situations like that and that she just may be so overwhelmed....not judging her if she has a lot on her plate. I just don't want to end up SOL with no back up plan!
  • edited December 2011
    aww so sorry ladies. but her contact info is def in KY. that is so weird! who does that!?!Just had to throw this out though, Cinda creative cakes! GL ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    haha Lusher!  I would have gone to her house this morning... but I live 45 minutes away!  Yay for more added stress a few weeks from our weddings!!!!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Alright, so I drove by, and the house doesn't really look "lived in." The blinds were all closed and there was trash and a chair and boxes in the front yard, and the trash cans in the driveway were overflowing with junk. It didn't look like anyone was around. I would have gone up to knock on the door, but I left my phone at home this morning, and I wasn't about to have a confrontation with no back up!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, so weird! I totally don't blame you for not knocking... especially without a cell phone! I sent out a few e-mails to other people, but everything else seems like it's upwards of $350. Sigh. I haven't gotten a phone call back from her yet either. I'll let you know if I hear anything!
  • edited December 2011
    Gosh... its sounds like she moved with mention of boxes and overflowing trash.... hmmmmmmm   The thing is, I am not worried about finding another baker... I am completely worried about the price!  My FI and I budgeted around what we were paying for her cake and $100-$300 more is way out of the question since we have only 2 months left to go.   I don't know what to do if I have to find someone else.  I would love to use Cinda, but she has a $300 minimum, and our entire cake to serve 116 people was going to be less than that!  ugh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards