Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Traditional wedding band or Bling!

I debated and debated and chose a simple platinum band to complement my e-ring. I also liked the idea of a traditional plain wedding band. But the blinged out ones are so fun and glam! I was just wondering what everyone else chose and how they reached their decision. :-)

Re: Traditional wedding band or Bling!

• Options
    I want bling :) I want it because my e-ring is surrounded by tiny diamonds and I think a matching band would really make it look extra nice. Financially, we may be going with traditional.
  • Options
    I tried on a variety and all the bling-y ones looked ridiculous with my e ring (it is a solitaire and is set on a very thin band) so I ended up just getting a palladium band similar to the band on my e ring.  The jeweler mentioned the possibility of having 6-8 small diamonds inserted into the band (equally around) so I am considering that but will most likely keep it as is.
  • Options
    I bought bling.  My e-ring has smaller diamonds around the band, so I went with a half forever band for my wedding ring.PIB.
  • Options
    As my engagement ring is a colored gemstone, we've decided to resize it and I'll wear it on my right hand.  Therefore, I've gone with a 1/2 carat pave band.  Gimme some sparkle. 
  • Options
    I hated the ring that was supposed to go with my e-ring (it was sort of V-shaped), so I tried on a crapload until I found one I was happy with. I actually found one I liked better than the one I ended up getting, but it was in a shady jewelry store and I didn't trust their longevity, so I ended up with one from the same store my e-ring came from. The one I have has a row of diamonds that line up with my e-ring.
  • Options
    My band has diamonds because it was part of a set to fit with my engagement ring. I figure when I get pregnant (some day, not too soon), I will buy a plain white gold band to fit on my bloated pregnant lady fingers and so I dont scratch the baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have one with princess cut diamonds in it to match my e-ring. I had tried on plain bands with my e-ring and they were flat and looked hidden so that's why I chose the bling. Every once in a while my band turns and the plain side sits against my e-ring and I think, Gee that looks nice too... and then DH wants to kill me because that would have been A LOT cheaper.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We did diamonds because a plain band just didn't look right. Had it custom made because my e-ring is antique. I'm in love with how it turned out, and still catch myself staring at it:[img]<a href="http://laineandpete.com/images/wring.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://laineandpete.com/images/wring.jpg</a>[/img]
  • Options
    I have two channel set diamond/white gold bands. One for each side of my e-ring. Yes, I went for the bling route!In all honesty though, a plain wedding band wouldn't look right next to my e-ring. It also has channel set diamonds on the side (pics in my bio).
  • Options
    I got a simple platinum band with a milgrain edge because that's what we could afford right now.  Nothing goes with my e-ring (it's a deco piece from the 30s) so I'll be wearing it on my right hand.  FI already knows I want a blingy Tiffany ring for an anniversary present down the road.
  • Options
    I really like the look of a plain band, so I think that's what I'm going to get.  I actually had never even seen the diamond bands until I got on The Knot!
  • Options
    I picked bling.  I have pave shanks on my ering and a plain band didn't look right with it.  So bling it was.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lpstl your ring is gorgeous! I would look at it all day too! I think maybe I'll get a blingy ring for a big anniversary and maybe stack them or wear one on either side. Or just retire the plain one.
  • Options
    I'm not sure yet, I think I want some bling but depends on what FI thinks, and what the engagement ring looks like.
  • Options
    This post reminded me to update my bio with pics of the rings, so I just did.  If anyone is dying of curiosity, it's in there.  But I'm sure you've seen it all before. lolIvy's ring is super awesome.  I lust after it.
  • Options
    Mine is just a plain white gold band.  I like to keep things simple, and we saved a lot of money. 
  • Options
    Holy Moly lpstl I just realized our e-rings are very similar! Mine is antique too and it has the same prongs as yours, 3 on each corner, and it also has a knife edge on the band. Wierd!
  • Options
    i am not a bling person.  i wear very little jewlery, some days, none.  i selected a very simple plain yellow gold band with no stones.
  • Options
    I was under the impression that I would just go with a plain band ... then Jason (FI at the time) and I went to the jeweler and tried on plain bands... Jason picked one out with princess cut diamonds that were channel set and said "Oh this one is awesome. Try this on." So I did... and we bought that one. I love it. I too catch myself staring at and admiring the bling :0)
    photobucket-29369-1334754217385 2012-12-30_13-03-57_810_zps6f98a3be
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, mine's titanium, so...
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wanted something simple that I could wear alone without any flash, so I just got a plain platinum band.  When I want bling, I'll wear my solitarie e-ring and a right hand diamond eternity band I got as a gift a few years ago.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was planning on a plain white gold band, but FI thought one with some diamonds in it would look better...so okay :)  I have no idea what it is called, half the band has diamonds set in it...it is pretty!
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We actually bought mine when we bought the e-ring.  FI did not like my e-ring because it was too "simple" as it is a tension set round solitaire.  I knew I wanted something I little more busy/blingy to compliment the simplicity of the e-ring.  FI said he couldnt picture it not looking plain so we started trying different bands with it and went with a simple but very sparkly eternity band that we both love the look together.  Pics are in bio.
  • Options
    I haven't gone to look yet, but I have a round solitare on a very thin, simple band, so I think I want another thin, simple band to go with it. I like that my set looks like it could be brand new or 50yrs. old.
  • Options
    shut your face, Amoro.  I lurve your band.  it's super hot.this reminds me that at some point I might want to take pictures of the wedding bands... huh...
  • Options
    Really Jillz? That's awesome, I can't see a pic of yours in your bio, probably because work is blocking it. But, if it's really similar to mine I would seriously go with a similar design for the wedding band, my band "locks" in place so I don't have to get it soldered (we wanted to avoid altering it due to the age). I couldn't find a knife edged plain band that looked right with it, and we figured if we were going custom we were going all out (all out turned out not to be that expensive, completely worth it).
  • Options
    I can't shut my face.  It's permanently open.  I can't help it!  Didn't your photographer take pics of the bands on the day of?
  • Options
    I have an art deco ring.  It was my grandma's.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'll probably go with a band just like the band on my e ring, minus the diamond.  My e ring is white gold with floral engraving all around, and a round solitaire in a princess setting set into the band.  I like the idea of having a wedding band that matches so that I could wear them together, or take of the e ring when I'm traveling, camping, etc. so that I don't have to worry about losing it.  I also like that the band is unique so I don't need diamonds to make it look interesting.Carrie
  • Options
    FINE!umm no?  I don't remember him saying "ok now hold out your hands".  Maybe he did it when we were putting on our rings?  I'm praying to god that he took fab pictures.  whatever.  I'm married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards