June 2012 Weddings

FABULOUS Friday

So far, my Friday has turned out to be uh-may-zing!!  Why?

1. I called about the house Josh looked at last night, and we can move in when the other people (our friends) move out!!!!

2. I found out my exit interview at work is at 12:30, and I get to leave at 1:00.  AND I GET THE REST OF THE DAY PAID!!  Huh?!  Who does that?  What an awesome company to not be working for anymore!!  LOL

3.  It's a GORGEOUS DAY outside today!!

How is YOUR Friday??
Anniversary

Re: FABULOUS Friday

• glad your Friday is turning out to be a good one.

I just balanced my check book and I think I am going to change my middle name to "broke joke". Ugh, rant over
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So far so good over here.  FI and I both took the day off and we're heading down to Jersey in about an hour.  We still have a ton to do before we can leave, so I should really get off of the message boards.  LOL.  Tonight we are going to Medieval Times with some friends.  Tomorrow I get to pick up my dress (!!!!) and we are meeting with the chef at our venue to do a mini tasting and go over a few things.  Sunday we have our cake tasting and consultation.  Busy weekend and I love it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:44b69a08-e1e3-4a5e-9793-0d256a7f4cfc">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far so good over here.  FI and I both took the day off and we're heading down to Jersey in about an hour.  We still have a ton to do before we can leave, so I should really get off of the message boards.  LOL.  Tonight we are going to Medieval Times with some friends.  Tomorrow I get to pick up my dress (!!!!) and we are meeting with the chef at our venue to do a mini tasting and go over a few things.  Sunday we have our cake tasting and consultation.  Busy weekend and I love it!
    Posted by julbgordo[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a FABULOUS weekend!!!!  I owuld love to go to Medieval Times sometimes!!!!

Yay for dress!!
    Anniversary
  • My day is going well, too
    1.) It's Friday
    2.) Even better, this afternoon starts Spring Break and I will be on my way to California tomorrow morning. Can't wait!
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • I'm so glad its Friday..... I am EXHAUSTED!!!

We are going out for dinner with some friends tonight.... so excited! We never seem to get out of the house!
  • yay for spring break, alli!
    Anniversary
  • Friday is FINALLY here. I thought it was never going to get here.

My company does stuff like that before every extended weekend. Around 1-2, everyone is almost forced to leave, and get paid for a full day.

Tonight I'm not doing much beyond for sure painting my toenails. They need it. I may continue to clean/pack my room up or go shopping for WR things I still need.

Tomorrow FI is making me breakfast, we're watching some DVR shows, then we're going back to my house to watch the UK vs Louisville game with my parents/brother.

Sunday is the first part of our church cantata for Easter and I'm in the choir. I've skipped a ton of practices for WR things. Ooops. We'll probably go out somewhere nice for lunch with my family since we're going to be with FI's family on Easter for lunch.
  • Not much on the plate for this weekend and I love it.

Tonight going to a friends art show with my mom for a little bit and then just hanging out at home.

Tomorrow I have a work thing in the morning and then I'm heading to one of my best friends house to do some wedding stuff with her and her sister.  I have no idea about tomorrow night.

Sunday has no plans yet so we'll see what the day brings, maybe the museum or something.
  • Okay seriously.
    My boss is driving me nuts.... Enough said.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:d5102228-e9ce-4b03-bc83-8f5eb8b8413f">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay seriously. My boss is driving me nuts.... Enough said.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

oh boo!!
    staple his head!
    Anniversary
  • Ugh. I'm sick enough that, under any other circumstances, I'd be home sleeping right now. But I'm not, because my company doesn't give out sick pay until your 3month anniversary, and no medical insurance until the 1st of the month after your 3month anniversary. My 3month anniversary is April 9th, so I'm at work because I don't have sick pay. Our company just got acquired a month before i came on full time, and our previous parent company only gave you a month before giving you sick pay and insurance. Ugh. Tonight FI and I will be cleaning, then tomorrow my parents are coming out and we're treating my mom to a birthday lunch. The rest of the weekend will be spent recuperating.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:243fd2e9-68cc-412a-b72e-d2c64019ba2e">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FABULOUS Friday : oh boo!! staple his head!
    Posted by Nindakay[/QUOTE]

hahaha. If he was in the office and not just calling me every 5 minutes to tell me he screwed something else up, I might consider it. lol

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:02b1b47b-d737-4fad-96da-794992445c56">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Friday is FINALLY here. I thought it was never going to get here.<strong> My company does stuff like that before every extended weekend. Around 1-2, everyone is almost forced to leave, and get paid for a full day.</strong> Tonight I'm not doing much beyond for sure painting my toenails. They need it.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

lucky girl! enjoy your afternoon
  • L&J, I hope you feel better! That is a crazy long time to wait for health benefits and sick time.

If you got bad enough, would you be able to just take a day off without pay? I know that's not ideal but I had to do that when I was technically working for a temp agency at my current company.
  • So glad it's Friday!!

My sister and FMIL surprised me last night after they got into town and woke me up at 11:30. My "surprise" bridal shower is tomorrow and I can't wait to see who's all going to be there!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:6f4a6d15-a669-4817-93e0-9001ffc926b6">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FABULOUS Friday : lucky girl! enjoy your afternoon
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

Not today, although I wish! I was just saying that because of the OP getting to do that. Examples where this happens are Memorial Day, Labor Day weekend, etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:99247847-9736-456b-bed7-eeb4154a3815">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FABULOUS Friday : Not today, although I wish! I was just saying that because of the OP getting to do that. Examples where this happens are Memorial Day, Labor Day weekend, etc.

oh, whoops!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:0a94c53e-aa08-45f3-85b4-f6aca9a0998c">Re:FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. I'm sick enough that, under any other circumstances, I'd be home sleeping right now. But I'm not, because my company doesn't give out sick pay until your 3month anniversary, and no medical insurance until the 1st of the month after your 3month anniversary. My 3month anniversary is April 9th, so I'm at work because I don't have sick pay. Our company just got acquired a month before i came on full time, and our previous parent company only gave you a month before giving you sick pay and insurance. Ugh. Tonight FI and I will be cleaning, then tomorrow my parents are coming out and we're treating my mom to a birthday lunch. The rest of the weekend will be spent recuperating.
    Posted by L&J2012[/QUOTE]

awe sweetie....i know the feeling!!  it's THAT time of month for me, and i'm having cramps so bad i feel like i'm birthing a baby.  i think i'm going to the walkin after i get off work, b/c my insurance wil end today. and i won't hve more until fter we get married - so 2 months
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:1666289f-d735-4b1b-b5ef-46f421db8d76">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FABULOUS Friday : hahaha. If he was in the office and not just calling me every 5 minutes to tell me he screwed something else up, I might consider it. lol
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

voo doo doll?
    Anniversary
  • T.G.I.F.

Co-worker's on my nerves and I am still in a sulky mood about yesterday (FB post about uncle dropping out of walking me down the aisle) I'm just funky and really should've stayed in bed today.

We are supposed to go to some friends house for dinner and cards later tonight. I hope I can snap out of this funk soon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:99247847-9736-456b-bed7-eeb4154a3815">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FABULOUS Friday : Not today, although I wish! I was just saying that because of the OP getting to do that. Examples where this happens are Memorial Day, Labor Day weekend, etc.

yeah....they NEVER let us go home early!!  I was surprised they are letting me off for half a day w/pay. 

i have a feeling it's to keep people from screwing work stuff up.  not that i would.  but who knows.

my boss said it's a thank you for being a good employee.....
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:9c3763fa-3a8e-4f74-8008-28dcca375971">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]L&J, I hope you feel better! That <strong>is a crazy long time to wait for health benefits and sick time.</strong> If you got bad enough, would you be able to just take a day off without pay? I know that's not ideal but I had to do that when I was technically working for a temp agency at my current company.

when i started the job i am at now, it was six months!!
    we've bee bought out since then, so it changed but still....
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:8dd8fde0-9353-49d8-b8a7-0cf67dfd9d8b">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So glad it's Friday!! My sister and FMIL surprised me last night after they got into town and woke me up at 11:30. My "surprise" bridal shower is tomorrow and I can't wait to see who's all going to be there!!
    Posted by ncd5015[/QUOTE]

ooooooooooooh sounds like so much fun!!!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re:FABULOUS Friday:[QUOTE]Lamp;J, I hope you feel better! That is a crazy long time to wait for health benefits and sick time. If you got bad enough, would you be able to just take a day off without pay? I know that's not ideal but I had to do that when I was technically working for a temp agency at my current company. Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Aw, thanks!

If I got bad enough I'm sure he would let me take the afternoon off and just report the sick pay when I get it. I'll be doing that for the honeymoon, since I don't get my week of vacation till the Monday I get back. I feel bad asking for it, though, and I have a couple of meetings this afternoon. He's leaving at 4, though, and I'll have extra time next week from driving back from business in Canada, so maybe I'll leave right after him.

Nindakay, it's my time of the month, too! Definitely doesn't help matters, haha. Luckily I'm still covered under my parents' insurance, but I can't imagine someone like a single mother having to go for 34 months without insurance. I know they want to make sure you're staying, but still!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • My Friday's just starting unfortunately.....only 7.5 more hours until I can leave work!!!  Woke up with a nasty stomach ache so i am sitting here drinking ginger ale and clearly not working very hard.  Should be a slack day....Fridays always are around here!!

Looking forward to tonight....steaks at my parents house (so excited to eat something other than chicken or salad!!!)  then a pretty quiet wknd for me....lots of homework, not so much fun!  Hopefully I can get some wedding projects in on Sunday afternoon!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You guys....my co-workers got me a cake!!  I am going to cry every minute!!!  That was so sweet of them.  I've been with the company 4 years, and I really wouldn't be leaving if I wasn't getting married......
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:447b5875-fe2a-43df-bf15-148a0806a521">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys....my co-workers got me a cake!!  I am going to cry every minute!!!  That was so sweet of them.  I've been with the company 4 years, and I really wouldn't be leaving if I wasn't getting married......
    Posted by Nindakay[/QUOTE]

<div>How sweet!!!!    Mmmmm.....cake!! What kind is it??</div>

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:8da86ebf-f50f-427c-a746-cc1bebd7eeea">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]T.G.I.F. Co-worker's on my nerves and I am still in a sulky mood about yesterday (FB post about uncle dropping out of walking me down the aisle) I'm just funky and really should've stayed in bed today. We are supposed to go to some friends house for dinner and cards later tonight. I hope I can snap out of this funk soon.
    Posted by cwill6212[/QUOTE]

Staple their heads, too!!

Dinner sounds like fun - I'm sure you will cheer up after you get there.  Have a margarita....that makes everything better!!
    Anniversary
  • All the exclamation points are giving me a headache. 
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_fabulous-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:59927d97-b4be-445e-a32c-f4390f6caa2aPost:7380a32d-6396-450c-982f-996f954ef400">Re: FABULOUS Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FABULOUS Friday : How sweet!!!!    Mmmmm.....cake!! What kind is it??
    Posted by janeash[/QUOTE]

yellow with lemon frosting
    SOOOO tasty!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards