Massachusetts-Boston
Options

List: People/Things you can't stand.

Boy do I have a list today. I fully admit I am in the worst mood ever. I want to vent. Come jump aboard my hater-train.1) An acquaintance of mine got engaged this weekend. She was showing her ring off and a few girls just said 'oooh cute' or 'nice' to her ring. Then they gossiped how it was so small. First of all the thing was a carat. Second of all none of these girls have rings and none of them have any idea how much things cost. DH made me back away slowly from the convo.2) Warning: another AC vent. So we moved into a place where electric is included in the rent. We leave one of our units on 75 with the energy saver on just so the dog doesnt overheat. We get notice from our new landlord this isn't allowed when we aren't home because it uses too much electricity. UMMMM then why did you include it in the rent?????

Re: List: People/Things you can't stand.

• Options
    EmstarmeEmstarme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The girls making fun of the ring would make me very angry. So many people have this expectation that a ring should be ridiculously expensive and huge. I would rather have my FI spend money elsewhere, like on our house.
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that happened to me in one of my apartments. I would leave the AC on low when I wasn't there. Electric was included in my rent too. And the landlords asked me not to do it because it wasted electricity too. I know it does, but doesn't it work just as hard to cool off the place once it hits like 85 anyways? That annoyed me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm perhaps the reason none of those girls have rings is because they're clearly too dumb to appreciate one! My electric is included in my rent too, you should photocopy that page of the lease and tape it to the door.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you should photocopy that page of the lease and tape it to the door.I wanted to do this so bad last night. DH is always talking me off the ledge. I feel I am totally justified though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    choo choo i am riding that train with you!!! 1. i despise, DESPISE, when the cover of the toilet seat is left up. i know this is very common in many homes, but i cannot fathom why you would want to be gazing into the toilet. i literally cannot control my urge to close all toilets ever- like even if I am at someone else's home/apt and they are showing me around, i will close it. it is an uncontrollable compulsion. 2. my boss (whom I only have to see for one more day yippeee/i'm broke remind me why i quit) talks to their dog like she is a human. Now, I am a dog lover. I have a dog. ANd I sure do talk to her like she's a person. But something about hearing someone else talk to their dog in completely inane baby talk makes me want to slap a b. 3. A rent-vent: fix our windows. Fix them 6 months ago when we moved in and you said you would. Fix them 3 months ago after I kindly asked. Fix them 3 weeks ago when I included a borderline nasty note with our rent. FIX THEM! next stop landlord haterville!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    livandrich-- we had that same issue with our landlord not fixing the windows! the worst part was that we paid our own heat, so money was literally going out the window in the winter! that's one thing that I actually love about home ownership...i have no one to blame but myself if something isn't fixed! 1) passive agressive people. just tell me what you want. 2) people who drive slow in the fast lane. hey lady in the station wagon from CT, get out of the fast lane of the pike if you are going to do 45!
  • Options
    Scarlet856Scarlet856 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Girls like that kill me. They are probably jealous accounting for part of their cattiness! The other part I attibute to ignorance!2) Yeah what are they going to do to you if you don't shut it off when you aren't there. Does the lease say anything about it? I'm with the taping on the door. Love it! DH always stops me from doing things like that too. When my newspaper was stolen two sundays in a row he stopped me from posting an evil sign...after the third week even he couldn't stop me though! Funny thing is that since I left my sign not a single paper has gone missing hmm...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan-- another one related to rings... People who tell you how big their ring is unprompted... or what cut/color/clarity.... ewwwh. Some things are better left not shared (unless among VERY close friends who ask).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Livandrich - I completely agree with you about toilet seats being left up!  Back in college we had a really small bathroom, and I accidentally dropped my hairbrush into the open bowl.  After that, I have always closed the lid.  Nothing to see in there :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mrs Toddo, I know. Or anything wedding related. Like how much was yourrr plate per dinner. It is not like we are on the knot and you are genuinely trying to get a sense of what things cost. I know you just want to one up me orrr talk about how I spent way to much or something. When I got engaged and was making my calls with the news the FIRST thing one of my bms asked me was 'is it a tiffanys ring?' UM, no and thanks for the buzz kill.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I'll get on the landlord bandwagon. Preface - my former landlord is actually a really nice guy, so I'm more hating on the situation. We recently bought a home (closed at the end of April) and when we told the landlords we'd be moving out (which was in February... mind you we also told them we'd be looking for a house in Sept 2008), they asked for a little extra time to return our security deposit. We agreed, knowing they'd fallen on some rough circumstances (two deaths in the family, his hours cut back at work, etc). However, it has now been 3.5 months since we moved out and no returned security deposit. I would like to continue to be a charitable and forgiving person... but FOR CRIPES SAKE. You like to be nice to nice people, but I don't want to get burned by this... We told you we were moving out over 6 months ago, and you should never have taken our security deposit out of the account it was being stored in in the first place - IT WASN'T YOUR MONEY!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) all the people at work who take up two parking spots (in an already crowded busy lot) because they don't want their doors nicked by other cars, you are the reason I can't find a spot in the am I guess that means I also have to list the inconsiderate people who don't pay attention when opening their car doors
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, that ring story is just obnoxious.  My sister was getting her hair cut one day after she got engaged and the woman had the nerve to say she wouldn't accept less than a carat.  My sister's ring is like .6 or .7 and it's gorgeous.  What a loser.  That's BS about the AC.  It's actually more energy efficient to leave it on all day than to have to cool it down from 90 degress every night.  I'm annoyed by people who take up too much space on the T.  People need to be more aware of themselves!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate it when people say something nice to you only to talk behind you. The ring thing would bother me, too. The size of a diamond isn't everyone's top priority in life. It sure heck isn't mine. I bought mine using whatever extra cash I had on hand while I was on vacation overseas for a spur-of-the-moment engagement party. Love my ring and wouldn't trade it.While we're at it. Can I just confess that it's really bothering me that a dear close friend is taking every opportunity to brag about her newly acquired doctor title? The girl put in her dues with medical school,  but does she need to constantly update her Facebook status to let everyone know? Real examples, I kid you not:-"Amanda" can't decide whether to keep her name to Dr. her-last-name or Dr. his-last-name after she marries.-"Amanda" is sewing her new white lab coat because it's too tall and long. It makes me feel like I'm playing Doctor!-"Amanda" is mad at her fiance for buying a brand new Mercedes Benz!-"Amanda" just got a phone call from her boss: "Dr Amanda, you can have the day off from work today."Or this phone call: "Hi Jeni! So I started working a 2nd job.""Oh wow, really? You work soo many hours already.""Yeah, but it pays $60 an hour so it's not bad."Boy, I feel like those girls who talk about their friends behind their back now! I just want my friend to cool it already. Love her dearly but I can't be the only one who is feeling this way about her??I'm also upset at all the wrong-way drivers I've been hearing on the news and ones I personally see going the wrong way on the rotary. Anyone over a certain age should have their vision/reflex rate tested annually. No disrespect to elders but I've seen/heard of it 3 times this week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marie - or how about people who just leave their doors open onto the street or out into the next parking spot forever while you are either trying to park or drive by?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan - right! or won't move their empty shopping cart, stroller etc........
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenwindy, That does sound horribly annoying. Not to defend Dr. Amanda or anything but it is a long haul to become a Dr. may be this is a phase that will wear off after a couple of weeks? When I passed the bar I hope I didn't sound like that to my friends! Yikes! ;) Actually, I know they would have given me a reality slap! They're good like that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww Meaghan I am sorry you are "on the ledge". You are totally justified--both of those happenings are awful! Those girls could only be so lucky to have a guy who would even think about giving them a proposal, let alone a ring. Also, the AC thing is ridiculous. Landlord can shove it.Today I can't stand FedEx, who despite being given my dress designer's FedEx account number to charge the return shipping to, charged it to MY WORK ACCOUNT. My office manager comes into my office and says "Uh, Sarah, did you charge 200 bucks to the company to send a bridal gown to Canada?"Ha ha, if I were going to make my boss foot any wedding expenses, it totally would have been for more than that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (1) All you ppl who don't have to pay for electric.  My latest bill is almost $300!!!!  (2) Dealing with other ppl's problems for a living.  I have enough of my own, thank you very much.(3) FB - It reminds me that I have an absurdly boring set of friends.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to jump on this too...this morning I couldn't control my ocd to collect every grocery cart in the parking lot and bring it back to one of the corrals. Like seriously...how hard is it to return your cart? Ugh...I know they pay people to collect them but it's like 90 and humid. Have some consideration...vent over. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Scarlet, yeah, I hope it's just a phase for her. She's an incredibly sweet girl so maybe this doctor thing is just getting to her head a little. I've considered giving her a reality slap but I also don't want to appear jealous, y'know? I don't get jealous of my friends easily.. I'm actually very happy for her. It's just hard to celebrate in the joy when she's pressing my buttons.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen, I totally hear ya. Obviously, its a huge deal so I would maybe let her slide for a few weeks prior to applying the reality slap! She probably doesn't realize she's being so annoying! I'm sure it will get old fast anyway! You can only say things like that so much before you get sick of hearing them yourself!
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) When I send a very detailed email to a coworker explaining everything (knowing she'll have a lot of questions) and she calls me a minute after I send it asking all the questions I pre-answered in the email. Read the d*** email! 2) Some of the older men in the company who smirk and ask if the wedding is still on, on a near-daily basis. Not funny, stop being creepy and rude. I've gotta get out of here... 3) People who let their dogs poop in my front yard and then don't pick it up. I've caught 2 different neighbors now. Ugh!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Spuccio--- HU?!  you returned the dress??? ... but charging it to your boss was pretty awesome. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VENTING TIME!!!!! Warning its Kinda Long!The girls and the ring thing also bothers me! Especially the ones that are also engagged and try to compare their rings to mine! i feel like telling them to Back off my ring is priceless because it means a lot more than just $$$!!!1) I hate it wen I tell others the good news about my engagement and their response is "Congratulations, I better get invited to the Wedding"  WTF!!!! Could you at least waited for the next time you see me to say that!!! Those are the people that are in my NOT INVITED LIST!!! 2) This weekend I was with mom, We went to breakfast on Saturday Morning and since we were going to the small place down the street we both were just wearing a Tshit and some jeans. Then we decided to go shooping for her new eye glasses, she was looking for channel frames so we had to hunt to find some. I thought the best place to go to look for Channel Frames would be in Boston. So we ended up in copley place. The first store we walked into was a cosmetic store, cant even remember the name, but wen we walked in the girl in the counter just looked up at us and looked away, Then some other lady walked in, very fancy i got to say and the girl from the counter immediatly asked her if she needed assitance!!! I thought to myself WHY WHY WHY!!!!!! I wanted to say something, but of course my dear mom said to me before i could say anything "dont let the bad decisions of others get to you, just learn from them and be the better person" and i had to walk away. WOW That felt great! Just Venting!!thanks for reading ladies!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jthennigar, that is crap!  You guys should have been earning interest (probably wouldn't get too much, but that is besides the point) on that security deposit!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh.. and a thing I can't stand: Everytime to see my grandmother (she's Cuban, and always speaks her mind-- no matter what situation she's in) she comments about my weight.  When she saw me for my college graduation a few years ago, it was: "Liz, you have gotten so 'big,' 'you have too much here' --points to my butt-- and my fav: 'no, no.  don't eat that, it's bad for you.' I saw her this weekend and of course, it continues--- but she made a few comments that I looked really good, until she saw my legs---- 'wow, you look so good, but your legs... a little thicker.  but good.  thicker is good.' wtf.  Thanks, Mama.  I really needed that 30 days before my wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Leah-- I just stopped reading your post to reply to an eMail from our good fezzy-friend erilou.  I felt the need to tell you that. ;)    
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooo...I hate the ring thing too.  I've been engaged for over a year and a half and still don't have my ring.  I am designing it myself and FI and I are planning to go to NYC to meet with a jeweler who specializes in antique diamonds to pick out a diamond and then have ANOTHER jeweler create the setting I design (he's also going to make my wedding band I design).  I just haven't finished the designs/decided what I want yet.  But I hate when people are like, "where's your ring?"  And even more hate it when they make comments like FI's too cheap to buy me a ring or something.  WTF?  I want something totally unique, custom, special and made just for me.  And for the record I WON'T be getting a huge diamond despite FI wanting to buy me one.  I want a small diamond.  I actually PREFER small diamonds.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan- I have been that girl with the smallish ring I often get things like "Oh, it's so....cute....yeah...."  And once it was refered to as "a diamond pimple", not kidding!  Honestly I asked for a small ring because I am not really an everyday jewelry person and I wanted something I would be comfortable with.  Plus I didn't want FI to spend alot on the ring.I'll add some more...1.)  People who walk really slow in front of you at the mall or on the sidewalk, with no space to the side to pass them.2.)  People who leave shopping carts in the middle of an isle and run off for five minutes to get something.3.)  Ditto people taking up space on the T!  When you see someone looking around for the last seat and your purse it on it, that is a clue.  If I just worked a 12 hour night shift I am going to need to sit down, gosh darn it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards