Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it too early for FFF?

Re: Is it too early for FFF?

• annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    This is from last week...but I am still annoyed with that sarebare girl who was determined to not open presents until after her honeymoon. Especially since I went back and read her previous posts and she told people it was totally fine to send out letters to friends and family asking for donations to help them pay for their wedding.

ETA: Also, because she told everyone to play nice.
  • Stacks.  I would offer blackup, but I'm not sure how blackup works on actual black people, and it might cause some kind of space-time tear or something.  But the offer's on the table.  Just saying.

I also flame Calypso for that "be lucky you have a job!" bullsh*t.  That's the mindset that allows companies to completely screw over their employees.  "Sure, we haven't give you a raise in 4 years, and your benefits are crap, and morale is horrendous, and we have you doing 3 people's jobs because we don't want to pay to hire more folks even though the CEO just got a fat multi-million dollar bonus.  Just be happy you have a job in this economy, though!"

I don't appreciate it.  I don't like it.  And it makes me want to stab people in the eye when it's used.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:d9af6acf-4c4b-44b5-b53d-2eea834fdb16">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : She has just always rubbed me the wrong way but I never said anything.  She is so judgmental about how anyone else spends their money, and I found her obnoxious the other day with the old party line about how anyone who has a job should just be grateful that they have one, blah blah blah.  I generally think she has an overinflated sense of self.
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

gotcha

I've named her QORS now.  queen of random shiiit

That was assigned to another knottie way back and it's too good not to use on calypso now
  • Color me confused but I thought Heels was no longer here to flame people or try & hurt people's feelings because she saw the error of her ways after the site we don't speak of?  She was the last person I was expecting to see in Kiki's thread.  Not really a flame, just an observation.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm on the calypso bandwagon. I used to just sometimes disagree with her, now pretty much every post has me wondering why nothing in life can have any joy in it.
  • I flame run2befree in the Diamond thread for being a hugely judgemental heifertwat of a person.  Stop trying to hard to flaunt your uniqueness.  Everybody is unique, so uniqueness is in and of itself conformity.  Deal with it.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Stacks--you can count me in for the E mob too.  I'm glad everyone's okay and that everything works out for you guys, and not so much for the crazy folk.

Can I flame a non-board person too?  I just saw this status update on my FB: "Wishing I got a week's vacation over Christmas time. Alas, there is no time off for SAHMs."
    *Vomit*

• Oh Cengle. That's ridiculous.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:245a5325-c68b-4cda-b151-7e63ad6c0309">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stacks--you can count me in for the E mob too.  I'm glad everyone's okay and that everything works out for you guys, and not so much for the crazy folk. Can I flame a non-board person too?  I just saw this status update on my FB: <strong>"Wishing I got a week's vacation over Christmas time. Alas, there is no time off for SAHMs." *Vomit*</strong>
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Uh, that is annoying. I know being a SAHM is a full-time job but you signed up for it. She could go back to work then her vacation would be like her normal life now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:245a5325-c68b-4cda-b151-7e63ad6c0309">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE] "Wishing I got a week's vacation over Christmas time. Alas, there is no time off for SAHMs." *Vomit*
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Oh FFS. Because god knows the rest of us have magic faeries that do all our housework and chores and errands for us when we're not working. People like that make me want to ninja them in the neck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:eca201cf-e7d1-4197-a03b-c99daf283eb6">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Color me confused but I thought Heels was no longer here to flame people or try & hurt people's feelings because she saw the error of her ways after the site we don't speak of?  She was the last person I was expecting to see in Kiki's thread.  Not really a flame, just an observation.
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

She's not the only one I was surprised to see in that thread.
  • Stacks, I just don't even know what else to say about that craziness. I hope your BIL is ok and am SO glad your niece was safe. Love to your fam.
  • I flame Willow Smith.  BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID SONG THAT IS STUCK IN MY HEAD.

[QUOTE]Stacks--you can count me in for the E mob too.  I'm glad everyone's okay and that everything works out for you guys, and not so much for the crazy folk. Can I flame a non-board person too?  I just saw this status update on my FB: "Wishing I got a week's vacation over Christmas time. Alas, there is no time off for SAHMs." *Vomit*
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Does she not realize that when working moms have a week off they generally use that time trying to cram everything in that she has a full day to do? 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:245a5325-c68b-4cda-b151-7e63ad6c0309">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stacks--you can count me in for the E mob too.  I'm glad everyone's okay and that everything works out for you guys, and not so much for the crazy folk. Can I flame a non-board person too?  I just saw this status update on my FB: "Wishing I got a week's vacation over Christmas time. Alas, there is no time off for SAHMs." *Vomit*
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Bahhh.  Vomit is a very accurate description
  • I WHIP MAH HURR BACK AND FORTH AND WHIP MAH HURR BACK AND FORTH!

The Margarita Evolution
  • I flame this family for this terrible family portrait. (Sorry, my friend just sent it to me in an email and I thought I would share.)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • OMG Stacks! I hope everyone is ok! 

I'll jump on the Tonyscutie and Calypso bandwagons. And I'll second Pink's observation about Heels/MFJ as I find that fairly hypocritical in light of past statements about trying to be nicer.

I also really want the Divorce thread to die already. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:6cb13f64-c231-43bf-82b7-8808de238c18">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I WHIP MAH HURR BACK AND FORTH AND WHIP MAH HURR BACK AND FORTH!
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

*Rocks in corner.  Cries*

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:9e850d33-a6c9-426c-9fab-de53ea632aa7">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Willow Smith.  BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID SONG THAT IS STUCK IN MY HEAD.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Thankfully I have made it to this point in my life without hearing that song. Or the Christmas shoes one. These are things I should be thankful for when I am walking to work in the snow. At least I don't have to listen to this shiit on the radio.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:9e850d33-a6c9-426c-9fab-de53ea632aa7">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Willow Smith.  BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID SONG THAT IS STUCK IN MY HEAD.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH

I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH.

Jocelyn sings it, but after every "I whip my hair back in forth" she laughs and says " ha. silllly". 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:6cb13f64-c231-43bf-82b7-8808de238c18">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I WHIP MAH HURR BACK AND FORTH AND WHIP MAH HURR BACK AND FORTH!
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    [QUOTE]I just saw this status update on my FB: "Wishing I got a week's vacation over Christmas time. Alas, there is no time off for SAHMs." *Vomit*
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

<div>I would be "less of"ing that person.</div>
  • I really, really hate that song. And Willow looks like a tramp.

In other news, is that kid winding up to hit his mom in the noggin?

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:f3cdde85-a136-4f0e-ba44-60698734b7be">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame this family for this terrible family portrait. (Sorry, my friend just sent it to me in an email and I thought I would share.)
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

...and little Timmy took off mommy's head in one fell swoop...
  • It doesn't even make sense.  It's worse than a Ke$ha song.  I don't know why it won't go away.  Why won't it go away???  WHY????

Sidebar - I have "Beautiful Liar" on my YouTube list, and the video makes me want to punch both Shakira and Beyonce in the faces because their hotness....it's not fair.  It's just not fair.

• I love awkwardfamilyphotos.com, Salt!
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Send that in to STFU Parents. 

Time to get down from the cross.  Someone else needs the wood.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I've never heard the Willow Smith song.  I don't think it's on the radio here. 
    They don't really play Justin Bieber either. 

Incentive for anyone to move here?
  • Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was annoyed with the SAHM comment.  If she had 7 kids, I might feel a little for her, but she doesn't. She has one little boy. And she mommy blogs all.day.long.  I'm not entirely sure why I'm still FB friends with her, to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards