Options

real life bride war

2»

Re: real life bride war

• Options
    kmetzger0389kmetzger0389 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my best friends (and bridesmaids) got engaged 2 weeks after mine. I chose my wedding date, April 2011 and she chose her wedding date, February 2011. We are both bridesmaids in eachothers weddings. It is so nice to have her to talk to and plan with!! I love it :)

image. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Though I think everyone's advice is correct, I wouldn't feel bad about the initial post either.  I think at first hearing that news - I totally would have been just as upset! It does steal a little bit of your thunder! Last year my fiance's sister got engaged and married well before us, I was soo upset because she picked the venue that I wanted AND did it on my birthday.  I got over it after the initial shock and it was well worth it.  The venue that we picked instead is ten times better and hey - I got a three tier birthday cake! lol So I can see how the initial shock upset you, but definitely have fun with it - you can plan together!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the one day rule. be excited she is getting married at the same time. one of my best friends is getting married 3 weeks after I am and it's awesome to have someone to be excited about little accomplishments with and cry and bitch to about the stressful things.

I know being a BM or MOH does not make them a slave to the bride in any aspect but generally being that close to someone you are inclined to help one another. Just be aware that above all you should remain each others MOH because you are special to each other, but you may not be the one tying ribbons on each others favors in the last few weeks before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards