Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Thoughts/Opinions

Re: Thoughts/Opinions

• Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To add - Ice i'm sorry if it seemed vendorish, and foolforfood, as they had no idea... I had no idea and didn't even think about it being vendorish, and I apologise for throwing any names out there. Everything that was donated, was donated because people cared about the organization.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BP, it's ashame you even feel like you have to defend or explain yourself amidst all of this. Your (& Pfeif's) efforts are for a great cause that you should feel positive & proud to initiate, let alone be a part of.
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mrs simpson, please don't infer for one hot red second that no one cares about the cause and the event itself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh FFS Steff!!!!!!!  No one is saying what they are doing isn't fantastic!  It IS!  WE ALL KNOW IT!  The entire point to this fiasco was that you don't need to advertise THAT MUCH.
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should also make myself clear - I am not saying that you would have been wrong to tell the people that there will be a lot of brides there - quite the contrary!  I think that it would have been a  GREAT idea to get even more to donate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess, obviously everyone is aware that the cause is a great one (who wouldn't), but for her to have to explain in defense as to why she posted so much, how she attracted donations, etc. is just plain ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Obviously it's much easier to think of us as evil biitches who are trying to destroy BP's efforts.I have donated to their fundraiser, despite the fact that I won't be at the event (sorry, no opportunity to throw things at me).And I have also lost close family members to cancer in the past couple of years, so I appreciate the cause. I also know what it's like to get excited over an event, because I am involved in charity work as well.Despite all that, my opinions on the subject stand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm bored today, so here goes: I feel that with your skill and professionalism, a package like this would both bring in more business due to advertising at the silent auction.I read this as, "C'mon and donate! It'll be a great advertisement for your services."  It doesn't matter if the photographer knows if you're a bride, or whether brides will be in attendance.  Who the heck bids on an e-shoot or TTD?  Brides.  These photographers aren't idiots.  Your pitch to them evidences your willingness to allow vendor advertisement at your event.  It's ok if you've personally seen their skill and professionalism in action.  But that's not the case here.  It's no different than a photographer directly posting his or her website on this board.  Your posts will devalue the honest vendor reviews and recs that brides have come to rely on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stef, obviously you aren't quite grasping the gist of this whole ordeal.  It's about the daily postings.  If you need me to rephrase it AGAIN, email me.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your posts will devalue the honest vendor reviews and recs that brides have come to rely on. How? There is no review... I'm not telling people OMG GREAT PHOTOG. There are restaurants I've never eaten at, salons I've never been to, restaurant schools I've never attended.... I'm not saying omg these places are the best use them use them use them, I'm stating, hey here are people, in all different businesses, that have donated their time/services/product to me for you to bid on if you chose.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess, I get it & have this whole time. Thanks for the offer. The daily posting ordeal = a series of callouts, BP feeling attacked & having to explain herself & DDing her post. The end.
  • Options
    LovefaceLoveface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I have to add to this mess is notice how we are not jumping all over pfief for this...she post 3x on the next (maybe 4?).  Once saying it was happening, once with the new day, and once just 2 days ago with all the auction items. It is the constant posting that is getting to people.  So just take a hint and STFU about it from now on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How? There is no review... I'm not telling people OMG GREAT PHOTOG.1.  Any press is good press.2.  Your actions are akin to recommendations.3.  You're framing it as a knottie GTG.  Typically, brides, present and former, show up to GTGs to talk about WR stuff.  Your GTG just so happens to be a silent auction where WR vendors are on display.  Do I really have to explain this anymore? 
  • Options
    EatonpoosayEatonpoosay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    None of the vendors who donated are good anyway so I say post away.
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the part about the vendorwhoring was apparent to me when you sainted one of the photogs in a sole post about nothing else for donating a really amazing package - it made me uncomf because there was an implication that this photographer was better than any other in the world just for contributing to your event. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree rum and, quite frankly, the photog she praised actually blows.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally like Kamilla's work a lot. I know you do as well Eaton. You find her blog "inspirational", no?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're framing it as a knottie GTG. Typically, brides, present and former, show up to GTGs to talk about WR stuff. Your GTG just so happens to be a silent auction where WR vendors are on display. Do I really have to explain this anymore? Are you fvcking kidding me? I was going to stay out of this, but the assumption being made that this is a vendor scam is fvcking ridiculous. I agree, GTG probably was the wrong phrase, however, we have many friends on these boards and inviting them to a fundraising dinner with a silent auction is innocent (I am staying out of the # of posts). There are plenty of other items that are not WR and it would be STUPID of us not to reach out to EVERY vendor we know to see if they would donate. (btw, I wasn't even married here). As far as the photographers, they are giving a portait package.  If you are reaching that it can only be used for epics, bpics, or TTD, you are being nitpicky and a drama queen. We have our families, friends, and coworkers also coming - god forbid they would want to take dance lessons.   BTW, just the gift certificate will be out, it's not like each vendor will be there promoting.  FFS, this is out of control. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FFS, this is out of control. This. What Pfeif said. I'd also like to add the "retarded" and "geigh" words to all of this.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sam, not at all. She's total cheese.
  • Options
    Kernel14Kernel14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FFS, this is out of control.Yup..that sums it up. ALL of you are being whiny b*tches.  Boo Hoo. Of all the things going on in this world, this is what you are all fighting about all day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of all the things going on in this world, this is what you are all fighting about all day. yup!
  • Options
    Kernel14Kernel14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's really effin sad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    should we talk about the release of information regarding the treatment (torture) of captured prisoners?
  • Options
    Dance71208Dance71208 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this place will never be puppies and rainbows, I'm ok with that.  I enjoy the snarkiness and drama that comes up, but this place has gotten completely out of hand.  Someone posts something that some people disagree with and it turns into this.  It's ridiculous.  If you don't agree, state your opinion and let it go.  No reason to beat a dead horse consistently.  Whether it's about a fundraiser or someone choosing to have a ridiculous thing at their wedding, making your opinion known once is enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this place has gotten out of hand?  really?  the place has been averaging something like 12 new threads a day with not a lot of action.EVERY single time there is a topic which inspires a few people to disagree, there are always people that say 'waaah, stop, this is stupid, don't read it, beat a dead horse".  and I will repeat, by posting that you yourself are not espousing the "if you don't like it, don't read it!" theory of knotignorance.should everyone just go around nodding in agreement?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not saying that at all Rum.  It just seems that every thing that's posted has some kind of snary remark from someone.  While I know everyone will never agree on everything 100% of the time, it seems like disagreeing just to disagree is the only thing that happens around here anymore.  Like I said I enjoy the snarkiness, I just think sometimes it can be too much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rum, in all honesty, I have a question for you.the place has been averaging something like 12 new threads a day with not a lot of action. Can I ask why you even care? You've been married... your older... why do you even care what happens on a wedding message board? And I really am honestly asking you that and am not trying to be snarky. I just don't get it. I mean, I really think there is a time when people just need to give it a break and move on. I know it's hard to break away from it but honestly after a while it looks really sad. I'm going through a 12 step TK program myself.
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am disagreeing with you dance, not because i simply feel like it, however,  it has been a long time since there has been any sort of disagreement around here - it is not happening all the time as you imply. its been downright dead
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's fine, Rum.  We usually agree to disagree anyway.  But there is a way to disagree and a way to be downright snarky.  I'm sure there are other people that disagree with what I'm saying and that's fine.  I guess what I'm really trying to say is that it comes across as some people being flat out b!tchy instead of just disagreeing with someone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards