Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Shoe advice

What advice do you have to give other brides about their shoe selection? Heel or no heel? Amount of $$$ to spend? What is the most comfortable type of wedding shoe to wear?

Re: Shoe advice

• Im a heel girl all the way. So I couldnt not get heeled shoes for the wedding. My shoes were 3 1/2. They were by Nina and were pink. They did end up starting to hurt my feet later on in the night. But I just sucked it up. I really wanted to get a designer pair of shoes...but im glad that I didnt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • well DH is only an inch taller than I am, so I went with a very low-heeled sandal.  spent $40 at shoemall.com for lavendar snakeskin sandals that I really like.  and I test drove them at work for two days before the wedding to make sure they were not 30 minute shoes.  wore them all day and was fine. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I tried on sooooo many pairs of shoes!  I swear, boxes from Zappos were being delivered every day!  I finally chose a pair of Jack Roberts 2.5" heels with a slingback that were super comfy and only cost $100.  I knew we would be doing a lot of dancing so comfort was key.  I was also leary of spending a lot of money on designer shoes as friends had warned me that they can get pretty dingy throughout the course of the day (outdoor pics, etc).  I brought a back-up pair of shoes along to the reception - just in case - but never needed them.
  • It all depends on your personal preference.  My DH is only a few inches taller than me so I decided to wear a heel that was about 2.5" high (because I definitely wanted to add a little bit of height but not too much).  It turned out to be a good thing because my feet killed me on the wedding day.  If the heels were any higher than that, I think I would have been crying from the pain... lol.  I couldn't spend a ton of money on my shoes so I just paid $50 for a pair of dyeables.  I thought they were really cute, but they weren't as comfortable as they could have been. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • I did flipflops for a couple reasons. 1. DH and I are the exact same height, and I didn't want to be taller than him. 2. Wedding ceremony and reception were outside. and 3. I unfortunately have wide feet, and can never find shoes that feel/fit right for them.
  • I wore beautiful heels during ceremony and then changed into white hightops afterwards. I had a hoop under the dress so I didn't step on it when I went to flatter shoes. Both looked very cute.
  • I'm 5'3" and my FI is 5'7". I dont want to get heals that are too high. So, I'm getting heals that are either 1 1/2" or 2". I dont want to be taller than him, especially at the ceremony! Plus, this will be so much more comforable for me. I know I'm going to be doing lots of walking and dancing and my dress is heavy too! I def dont wanna be hard on my feet on that day. B/c if my feet hurt, I'm groucy! LoLBut any case, I've tried on some shoes and I'm probably going for a white with open toe and not to many straps. Something simple. As for $$$ I dont know... I wouldnt go over $150.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards