California-Los Angeles
Options

Invite officiant?

Hi Gals,Do I send an invitation to our officiant and if so do I add "and guest"?  I don't know if he is married.  TIA!

Re: Invite officiant?

• Options
    erika13parrerika13parr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not send an invite to our officiant,  but he and his wife did stay for dinner.  My husband asked him if he would like to stay.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't send him an invite.  DH invited him in person to stay for dinner, but he chose just to have appetizers because he had to get back to his family.
  • Options
    ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited both rabbis and the cantor -- along with their respective spouses. They all came to the party and even got us a gift (totally not expected). Apparently there is some policy where they aren't invited to the bar mitzvahs because then they would be busy all the time -- but it doesn't extend to weddings. And their spouses are never invited .... so they were all so grateful that we did that.
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I invited ours...cuz it's my FIL. lol. But he does do a lot of weddings for people through his church.  It's always a nice gesture to invite them. MIL isn't always invited but more times than not she is. 
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the officiant is someone you have a relationship with - your regular pastor, etc. - then he should be invited along with his wife. If it's just a hired officiant you found online, I personally think it's just another vendor who doesn't need an invitation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards