North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

How much did you pay for buffet?

I have a tasting on Tuesday with the caterer we really want to book. They said they were surprised the date was still open even though it's over 16 months away...I'm skeptical about that, but I've decided to buy into their time pressure and just book on the spot if the price is reasonable.

Problem is, I have no idea what's reasonable and no set budget for food--I just don't want to be taken advantage of & waste money!

So -- what did you (or are you going to) pay for a buffet-style reception in the Triangle, and what did you get for it??

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much did you pay for buffet?

• Options
    We have had quotes from $3600 to $7000 for 125 ppl buffet.  I am thinking that 6500 was about the average price.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I had quotes but I decided not to use buffet style.  Anywhere from 18 to 40 dollars per person but I think that's a little over the top.  We are doing plated dinners ourselves (father in law has the big time grills and we know a lot of cooks *good professional style*)  and we have averaged it out in bulk that we are spending about $7 per person for a 3 course meal, cocktail hour and candy bar.  That's with one simple meal everyone will be eating (Good size House salad with choice of dressing, Baked potato, Grilled chicken breast covered in a southern style bbq sauce, long stem green beans, and maybe another side with a roll and then a dessert of choice on the candy/sweet table!

I hope that helps
  • Options
    we were quoted $50 a person- includes cocktail hour , set up for EVERYTHING (including decorations, lighting candles, serving cake 4 servers bartender etc. all included.  our wedding is in May and I'm so excited, i thought this was a great deal, i feel like we're paying for much more than the buffet! and we get to stock our own bar :)  it may seem like a lot at first but it's definitely worth it if it's more than just the food they provide
  • Options
    shasha5847shasha5847 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Our total bill for 100 people is $6300 which includes  3 passed apps, 3 meats (shrimp, chicken, brisket), 2 sides (green beans and a quinoa risotto), plated salad and a bread basket.  It also includes the bartender but we'll be providing the alcohol.  The total includes the staff as well.
    Rachel Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

cannoncatering.com is who we are using. They have great prices and are very nice people.

• Options
    Where did you guys get married??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards