Snarky Brides

Morning!

2»

Re: Morning!

• Kate, tell me more about ULTA facials. I just recently started buying makeup there and was curious what their salon was like. Like almost as good as a higher end salon facial? I spend too much on facials. :\
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:00d75c09-0779-4ccb-9b2b-eafe2cad3ecb">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, you DO look happy.  In The Bivvy  is having a deal on Black Diamond poles today.  I don' tknow anything about that particular brand, so I'm trying to research and decide if I want them or not.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

These were highly recommended by Backpacker magazine. And Appalachian Outfitters. By the way, there was a Boar carcass a few feet from where I was standing. I dont know why, but every time we hike I end up finding something dead.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nebb, that sounds awesome.  I love having a side burner.  It's great for cooking down marinades while grilling the meat!

Last night was "things on sticks" for dinner.  I did 2 skewers of chicken breast and 5 of assorted veggies (bell peppers, mushrooms, red onion and zucchini).  This is just perfect grilling weather.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:24e90521-0463-4945-8cbb-a3da80d17533">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : These were highly recommended by Backpacker magazine. And Appalachian Outfitters. By the way, there was a Boar carcass a few feet from where I was standing. I dont know why, but every time we hike I end up finding something dead.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Yours were highly recommended?  THAT DOESN'T HELP ME.  :-p

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:2b19cf8c-6312-4b34-a9e7-80de54d69a2c">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate, tell me more about ULTA facials. I just recently started buying makeup there and was curious what their salon was like. Like almost as good as a higher end salon facial? I spend too much on facials. :\
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

<div>I think they have two types of facials- a regular, longer one that is 45$, and a 20-30 minute one ("Glow and Go") that is 20 bucks. They use dermalogica, which is awesome and I can actually tell an improvement in my skin after. I have had Aveda ones which feel nice but I see no difference in my skin. Also- there isn't a huge difference in what they do/time between the cheaper and pricier one, so I think the 20$ one is a great value. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also- it isn't quite as relaxing or spa-like as an actual spa, but for the price and improvement, I really recommend them. Also, I think the Refinery in MSP has Dermalogica facials as well, but I have not personally had one there.</div>
  • Kd, indeed I did.  I had just finishing hiking up an awesome summit trail and felt on top of the world in that pic.  It's so hard to find photos of just me since J doesn't want his face on here :( So if I crop him out it looks weird and I end up posting a photo of my cat.
  • I totally go to the Refinery for Dermalogica facials now. :)

I love Dermalogica. and the Refinery, but it is spendy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:a54e3b3d-7b76-4f4b-ba63-713487fc6062">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Yours were highly recommended?  THAT DOESN'T HELP ME.  :-p
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Don't be a brat ;)

Check out LEKI poles at a store near you! I love that they sdjust to your height.

<a href="http://www.leki.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.leki.com/</a>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Grilled mushrooms are phenom
  • We've been keeping our cats in at night because when they're out at night, they get into catfights and cost us $$$ at the vet to have wounds drained and antibiotics.  Well, two nights ago, our male cat Volt (aka Fucknugget) got out and into a fight.  So, H is dropping him off at the vet this morning.  I'm so pissed!  I think we're going to start leaving the dog outside, with the option of the garage during the day and just keep the damned cats locked indoor 24-7.  But, the sneaky little bastards get out, especially when the guys are coming in and out since they're pretty oblivious.  I'm so frustrated!

I'm glad all the Bronco trade stuff is done.  For the past 3 days, it's been PEYTON, TEBOW, PEYTON, TEBOW, PEYTON, PEYTON, PEYTON, PEYTON, TEBOW all over the news.  You'd think that nothing else happened in the entire world except for this trade. 
  • Good morning.

I forgot my allergy meds today and there's a cloud of tree pollen (aka the kind I'm allergic to) outside.  I've sneezed approximately 467 times since getting to work today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:8486cb1c-2d52-43f6-b324-be69275db522">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning. I forgot my allergy meds today and there's a cloud of tree pollen (aka the kind I'm allergic to) outside.  I've sneezed approximately 467 times since getting to work today.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Sorry Pirate. I bought those ClaritinReditabs the other day and keep them in my purse. They just disolve on your tongue.

Can you pop out at lunch and get something?
  • Make a blog?  Then put them in your blog?  And share the link so we can make them too?  Then pin them?

• jcb, what books?  I bet if you looked hard enough, you could find the recipes online SOMEWHERE. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-88?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a96e117-6ba2-496d-ba18-085fd2bda811Post:56adc236-754f-4a3f-8357-7cb856a3295e">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Sorry Pirate. I bought those ClaritinReditabs the other day and keep them in my purse. They just disolve on your tongue. Can you pop out at lunch and get something?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

That's my plan.  I had to move my car just now and it's disgusting out there.  Luckily there's a drug store down the street and I'm wearing flats today, I'm hoping they have Claritin in stock.
  • I bet those recipes are online but you have to pay to access their website. They also don't use many pictures. I was quite annoyed that even after paying for website access I still can't see everything. Some recipes are limited to "premium" subscribers. 

I try not to pin their stuff since i don't want to tease people with things they can't see. That limits my ability to revisit things though. 
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    To pin a recipe sans link upload a pic related to it you have to and put the recipe in the instructions. You only have 500 characters now so its harder but that's how I've seen it done.
  • All I can say is hiking poles are the shiit.  It's flat as hell out here so uh, I don't do much hiking lol but when we hiked the Grand Canyon I would totally have died without poles.
    panther
  • We hiked the Grand Canyon without poles--at the time, it never even would have occurred to me that we could have used them (duhhhh).  My concern is that I'll spend money on them, and them not use them because I HATE carrying things when I'm hiking.  I wear a pack even on short hikes close to home because I hate carrying a water bottle or anything else so much.

• I think if you go back to the Grand Canyon and hike WITH poles, you will wonder how you ever did it before without them :)
    panther
  • Well, we do want to go back someday, so maybe I'll test that theory!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards