Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Tell me something I would be surprised to know about you

Based on the way you portray yourself on the boards or the things you've said on the board, or just how people perceive you on the board, tell me something I'd be surprised to know about you.Example: I am a tattooed, pierced, country music loving far right Republican.
On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
BabyFruit Ticker
Blog

Re: Tell me something I would be surprised to know about you

• Options
    90% of the people in my life do not know FI and I are engaged. Or that we even know each other.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I are learning to shoot to be prepared for the possibility that the world will run out of oil and then there will be riots. We don't want the right wing bunker crazies to be the only ones with guns, so we're trying to become left wing bunker crazies.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I can (accurately) throw knives and squat 1.5 times my body weight.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I didn't take one single elective art class until I was 20.
  • Options
    Holyshiit, I never would have pegged you as a Republican.Despite the fact that I have 2 children, I don't really like little children. Don't get me wrong, I adore my daughters. But most people's young children are really fuckwads. Probably because most people out there are fuckwads. Really nice attitude for a teacher to take, right? That's why I teach high school.
  • Options
    I'm a tattooed, pierced, country music loving far left Liberal. And I'm moderately versed in Zulu.
  • Options
    I can bench press over 200lb, but still wear heels daily. Oh and I've mentioned this before but I have severe OCD.Call me crazy, I'm ok with it.
  • Options
    So far, I am actually genuinely surprised by everyone. Awesome.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    If the world order collapses, I'm bringing my canned food to Sarah's house. We actually live quite modestly, though no one would think so when they find out how much has been spent on FI's car and my shoes.
  • Options
    I used to be a huge playgirl and flirt/sexy time with all the boys. My friends actually had a WWMKD group (t-shirts and all) dedicated to my charades and how they should all build off of them.Then I become a traditional bride.Also, going to Yale made me laugh. It made me smarter kinda, but it also made me just laugh at humanity. I am guessing that is notttt the reaction Yale was going for.
  • Options
    I played flute and oboe in my high school band. I also hate my sister for not showing up to my wedding because she wasn't a bridesmaid and told me that she didn't want to be one.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Brie--I'm very interested in this knife throwing business you speak of...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ciaram, I hate your sister too. These are so awesome!
  • Options
    I was a long hair pot smoking pinko commie liberal when I was 18.
  • Options
    Oh, I am also autistic, but I am pretty sure I have told that one before. Actually, I think I told that one in one of these "surprise me" threads.Godd@mnit, can't I have a single original idea? This is why I need to hire a Bec.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Meaghan, I'm not surprised about the Yale thing. Most of the scholarship on American art I've read that was produced by Yale people is essentially about penises, and how it is awesome and so impressive that the people who wrote the articles have penises, and how since they are so obsessed with theirs, all artists must have been also.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    [i]We actually live quite modestly, though no one would think so when they find out how much has been spent on FI's car and my shoes.[/i] This is Jay & I exactly (except I'm shoes and cars and he's golf and art). And it bugs me when people are all "how on earth are you affording all this?" Um... it's not "all this", it's two things that we're both passionate about and in the grand scheme of things, we don't overspend on anything else really.
  • Options
    I taught myself how to brain cornrows and got really, really got at it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    After high school for 1.5 years I slept around, pierced my nipples, got some unusual piercings in my right ear that I still have, slept with too many people, and did other things I will keep to myself.  After that I returned to my over-organized, type A, self.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I've backpacked from Tennessee to the pacific coast and back. People who know me IRL don't believe me when I tell them this, apparently I've turned into a prissy biitch.
  • Options
    Yeah, ciaram, your sister is a real cvnt for not even showing up. Whatthefuck is up with that?!? My sister flew 10 hours with a 2 year-old to be at our wedding. Jeebus.
  • Options
    Brie--I'm very interested in this knife throwing business you speak of... I dated a guy for a long time that was...alternative, kinda?  He was into heavy metal, and leather, and raves, and was a general douchebag.  He was also really into weaponry and video games.  He taught me the basic technique for throwing double bladed knives once and then went off to play some video game for hours on end...I kept practicing with a target because I was bored and got pretty good at it.  I haven't done it more than twice since we broke up 3.5 years ago, but it's a fun party trick.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Sarah: well, I went to Yale in the time of the vagina. I actually have a shirt that says "Yale -vaginas" for the vagina monologues. Thank god in some ways, but in others I am more a Camille Paglia tramps and vamps girl.... kind of.
  • Options
    Oh, and Rach, I'm going to need to hear the back story on that one.
  • Options
    I can tie two cherry stems together with my tongue in less than one minute. That's my party trick.
  • Options
    I loved NSync. And not b/c I was like 12 at the time. I was 19. I knew better. I still loved them.
  • Options
    I was that unattractive/uncool girl in high school that everyone shunned.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I haven't done it more than twice since we broke up 3.5 years ago, but it's a fun party trick.Clearly you will be doing this on your wedding weekend. Mags will make you if I dont; ;)
  • Options
    Temerity, if you don't mind me asking, where on the autism spectrum do you fall? My nephew had Asperger's, so I'm curious.
  • Options
    I was that unattractive/uncool girl in high school that everyone shunned.STFU. I refuse to believe such nonsense!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards