Snarky Brides

Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!

Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!

• Ohh haha yeah that boggles my mind too. I wonder if they're just standing backstage with a microphone and those ping-pong ball spandex outfits on or something.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Duds, they split in the thigh so you can't really tell. I was planning on going home at lunch anyways to go to the bank with H. It just sucks because they were my favorite pair of pants and it's another reminder that I need to lose weight.
  • Our furnace broke two winters ago, right when we had a cold snap (there was snow in Homestead, FL that year). It got down to about 48F in the office, and they still kept us here. My CW was typing with gloves on. After I got home, it took around 2 hours for my feet to warm back up.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • The dude is here already to fix it so I don't see going home early in my future :(
  • According to our local forecast and interactive weather map, we're supposed to be getting heavy snow right now - nothing here, not even a flake.  But it's 100% that we'll get socked as the day goes on.  I'm working the later patient load today so I'm thinking there's going to be cancelations.  Of course, that does not mean I will be allowed to leave any earlier - blizzard or no blizzard.  Doc must think I have a magic car that teleports me straight from the clinic lot to my garage :(

I went to WDW as an adult.  I was fascinated by it, esp the parade at night (it was during Christmas) and the fireworks/light show.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:74060d8d-a30b-4dde-ba9f-829e4b75976b">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, im not really sure whats there either. I just imagine a shitton of kids and crowds of people and it seems less and less of a desireable place to be. I might also just not like disney enough to put up with that stuff.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

That's why we go in January/February - not nearly the crowds.  (I have a huge problem with crowds.)  The trade-off is some of the rides are down for renovation/repair.

Our fav park is Magic Kingdom, because it is the most "Disney".  It's modeled after Disneyland, which is the park that Walt actually built before he died.  We do the rides, and the shows (H's favorite) and the restaurants.  This is our first time on the dining plan, so that should be fun.
    So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Morning all!

I came into work to no electricity this morning, someone hit a pole down the street. I was just packing up my things to go to our other building and VOILA! Electricity. Thank baby Jesus, because I hate working in the other building.

Stacks I'm so jealous you're going to Disney. I don't want to go myself, but I really want my kids to experience it while they're young enough to enjoy it.
  • morning. I'm so freaking glad it's Friday. This week seems like it's been so long and it's actually been a short week. 

We're planning to watch the fights tonight, yay for free fights! I'm also going to make 40 dozen cookies this weekend. I didn't really make a NYR but I'm trying harder not to be such an asshole this year. So I'm baking 40 dozen cookies for prisoners. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nebb that sucks. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to warm up once it's fixed. Edie I have nothing but bowling to do rhis weekend but I still don't want snow. I do like watching the dog play in it like a little kid tho. He loves digging his nose in then blowing out when he brings his head up so the snow flies around. Sparent-there is one major artery that is always clogged but I'm lucky enough that it's not on my route. I hit a smaller part of it after the tragic is moving again. It's spl because of the tunnels.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • They're building a LITTLE MERMAID section at MK.  I'd be willing to bet money that I'm more excited for that than most children.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:2e36f470-e2fd-4bef-ba33-8f86b14dc2ba">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The dude is here already to fix it so I don't see going home early in my future :(
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yup - that's what happened when it went out here - we sat and froze until it was fixed.  Funtimes.

I hope those wishing for this snow are happy with themselves.  Damn drive in was a b*tch.  Slick as snot, as my grandmother used to say.
    So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Morning all!

Today's good, mainly because it's Friday. Also, because my stomach feels good today and I plan to have delicious Chinese food for lunch. Yum.

On my way into the office, I slipped in the slushy mess on the ground, and did that skidding/flailing/foot-in-the-air move for about 3 feet. I managed to not fall on my ass, and regained my composure, super thankful that I happened to be alone in the parking lot when it happened. Then I looked up, saw a bunch of coworkers looking out the window laughing hysterically. Ah, well. Comic relief for a Friday, I guess. :)
  • I kind of love Disney - but it has definitely lost some of it's appeal since I've been an adult. I took H there last year (he'd never been) and I was REALLY excited before we went in (MAGIC!!!!!!!) and then I was like "Eff...I dont WANNA stand in lines anymore!" I want to go to Epcot and do a 1/2 marathon during the Food and Wine Festival. I'm trying to talk MK into doing it with me =)

Good morning! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:07c8339c-0423-4921-87f8-01ce565fe8c5">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're building a LITTLE MERMAID section at MK.  I'd be willing to bet money that I'm more excited for that than most children.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

What? I hadn't heard that! I might have to be first in line for the grand opening.

Next, they need to build a Peter Pan section. I'd never leave.
  • Sesh, they're adding the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, and I think maybe one more part but I don't remember. 

What, LDY, I'm not good enough to run at Epcot with you?   WHATEVER.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • edited January 2012
    MORNING!

I fall into the camp of don’t get it re: Disney and adults only. If I ever had an extra couple grand laying around though I would definitely try it to see what the appeal is. 

Also, the Thai food thread yesterday also made me order delicious Vietnamese pho, and for $7 I got a half gallon (or more) bowl of pho delivered right to my door. Best.idea.ever. Yum! 

Tonight is book club, and I’m the “host” so I gotta come up with some discussion topics before 5. Way to be on top of things, Jenna.  Hope Friday treats you all well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YOU NEED TO RUN AT EPCOT WITH US, ADAMAR! I talked to MK about it though. On the phone. I hope that's not lame! RUN WITH US!
  • Well that was fun. My 20 minute commute just took 1:35.  People here are fucking morons. There's like 1/2" of snow. And, and and.. the roads aren't even slippery! People are idiots.
  • Good morning, ladies

I have to work tomorrow, but I've got Sunday off.  I think we're going to get more firewood in the morning, then watch football.  I've got a lot of stuff to do around the house, since I've been getting home late and leaving early.

The good news is that my friend is recovering well, and I got to see the baby in the NICU.  He's tiny, but doing well.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • That sucks Steph. One of our bridges is closed right now and has been since September. What used to take people around 15 minutes to get from Indiana to Kentucky is now taking them up to 2 hours in the morning. It's a mess.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:b8be7d7d-d057-47af-b22b-27805465d422">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well that was fun. My 20 minute commute just took 1:35.  People here are fucking morons. There's like 1/2" of snow. And, and and.. the roads aren't even slippery! People are idiots.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

UGH! I know what you mean, although it was only an extra half hour for me. It was kind of a blizzardy morning, but didn't warrant the insane traffic backup.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good morning!

I love Fridays! Plus since we had MLK day AND a snow day this week AND we are doing computer based testing, this has been a breezy week. Also yesterday all the teachers got free lunch and we're getting breakfast today!

H is busy applying for jobs. Crossing my fingers.

Steph, major congrats! How exciting!!
  • Thanks, Sere!

Jenna- right? I take 94 the whole way in to downtown.  Once all the idiots got off the road, the rest of us were going 65mph just fine. Campus though is a freaking mess. AND someone took 'my' parking spot this morning. I was not happy.
  • Good morning. I am such a scofflaw! I feel awful.  This morning as I was getting ready I found a library book that I thought I'd returned two weeks ago.  Now it's 10 days overdue.  Yeah, my fine is going to be like a dollar, but I still feel really bad about it. 
    Mellow weekend for us.  We'll finally get our outside Christmas lights taken down.  We turned them off two weeks ago, but haven't gotten around to taking them down yet.  Tomorrow, I'm getting dragged to Brad Paisley with some friends.  She said I had to go because she went to Foo Fighters with me.  Um... but the Foo is cool!  I've bucked up though and have actually been listening to some of Brad's cds so that I can learn his songs. 

Happy FRIDAY!  Woot woot!

** I started typing wood wood and had to giggle at myself.  Anyone who saw BBT last night knows where I'm going with this."Wood, I need wood."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:4b30a0a6-830a-4915-9f32-027b42b8d008">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]MORNING!   I fall into the camp of don’t get it re: Disney and adults only. If I ever had an extra couple grand laying around though I would definitely try it to see what the appeal is.    Also, the Thai food thread yesterday also made me order delicious Vietnamese pho, and for $7 I got a half gallon (or more) bowl of pho delivered right to my door. Best.idea.ever. Yum!   Tonight is book club, and I’m the “host” so I gotta come up with some discussion topics before 5. Way to be on top of things, Jenna.   Hope Friday treats you all well!
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

What's the book?
  • Steph-what is your due date?

Last night H and I were looking at pics of him as a baby and he was so adorable. I told him he was making my womb feel very empty.

Bk-thanks for the reminder that we need to take down our lights as well!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:45678259-c45c-4831-8aed-9fa2e0d5a966">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I nearly choked to death on tea lastnight. I realize how stupid that sounds, but I did. I dont know how I did it, but all of a sudden I was spitting tea everywhere, couldnt breathe at all and adam was slamming me on the back after grabbing my tea cup. I ended up coughing up tea/spitting/puking all over myself, sorta on my laptop and in the bathroom sink because tea went in my lungs. I still cant breathe right :( Oh, and I am stupid and stayed up until midnight AGAIN reading. So I am also tired.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

God, this is not stupid at all. I've done this too. It's an awful feeling.

I almost choked on my salmon last night and quickly lost my appetite.

Hoping this day goes fast and that I get home before the next snow starts. I have yoga again tonight, so we'll see if I can walk when she is done with me.

Saturday, if the weather is ok, we are going to eat at Gamekeepers for dinner to celebrate our 8 year anniversary. Plus, he leaves for LA Monday, so we need a date night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:b8be7d7d-d057-47af-b22b-27805465d422">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well that was fun. My 20 minute commute just took 1:35.  People here are fucking morons. There's like 1/2" of snow. And, and and.. the roads aren't even slippery! People are idiots.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Ugh!  That was me this morning too, Steph. Seriously, our roads were bare. The was snow in the grass, and on the trees but the roads are bare people, let's not be stupid!

It's almost like they've never seen snow before lol
  • Birdie, I think Kentucky hates the other states. Currently getting into Kentucky from Indiana or Ohio is balls.

BK, Brad Paisley has some really good songs, but he also has a ton of cheesy goofy songs. I kind of like all of them because he seems like the nicest guy in the world. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards