Florida-South Florida
Options

Sue Gordon store HORROR STORY

Hello fellow knotties, I just got back from my 3 hour ordeal with Sue Gordon Bridal in Ft. Lauderdale. I read in a previous post today while at lunch at work about Sue Gordon possibly closing. I am writing this partly to vent but most importantly to warn any bride that does not have her dress already ordered to NEVER buy anything from Sue Gordon bridal. I apologize in advance for this long story. Back in May, I feel in love with a Romona Keveza dress and Sue Gordon gave the best price for the dress. Pam (the lady who helped me) was extremely nice and great to work with. The deposit ended up being $1,000 dollars ( a bit less than half of the total cost since that was all the savings I had at the time). I gave them a deposit and like any bride I wanted to lose some weight before I ordered the dress so I asked them to please hold off a few months before actually ordering. Then, I read the post today and decide to leave work (in Kendall) and drive the hour long drive to Ft. Lauderdale only to find that yes, Sue Gordon's son took charge of the business and is selling it as soon as possible and then going out of business for sure. When I first got there I wanted to know what the situation was and he explained to me the above. Then I asked for my deposit back then because they will not be able to order me the dress and receive it before they went out of business. The dress takes 4 months to come back from the designer and they are going out of business in a matter of weeks. After an hour of battling, he still would not refund me my money. I told him that I understood there was a no refund policy if I were to cancel the order but THEY we canceling the order by going out of business NOT ME. I finally was able to compromise on buying SOMETHING in the store and he would refund me the rest. They have nothing new or even worth buying in terms of shoes (he only has a few styles), a couple of crimpled veils and horrible gaudy jewelry. When I picked out a flower girl dress for the sake of taking something which was $300 he REFUSED to give me the rest as a refund as he had promised. He said I would have to come back at the end of the year. He insulted my intelligence by even thinking I would wait until then after he was already going to close up shop in a few weeks. My called my FI in tears because I was losing my money and he spoke to him on the phone and still no budge. I hadn't signed the sales slip for the flower girl dress so I was about to just give up after 2 hours of fighting and just go home having lost a full $1,000. Then he wanted to FORCE me to sign the sales slip. He took the pen and put it in my hand and was FORCING me to scribble my signature. I got so upset and red that I started to cry hysterically out of pure frustration. I did not know what else to do. At that moment, another bride walked in to check out the dresses and sees me crying and he finally said he would give me only HALF of my deposit if I just leave and if I promised to not tell the girl that walked in what had happened to me. I took the refund, made sure it was processed and as I was walking out of the store told the girl to leave while she was ahead and go elsewhere since the guy was a CROOK and a THIEF. Bottom line: DO NOT BUY FROM SUE GORDON (unless you already paid and have your dress there to pick up) The son of the owner is a THIEF!!!! [IMG]http://tinyurl.com/losgsm[/IMG] [url=http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt382ec.aspx[/img][/url]

Re: Sue Gordon store HORROR STORY

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry this happened to you! Hope this helps someone!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg. did you put your deposit on Credit card or did you give cash? If it was credit card ... DISPUTE THE SHYT out of it. Get your $$ back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woah I am sorry this happened to you!  That is crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg that is horrible but i will still try to do something about the other 500 u lost!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, it was a VISA gift card from my Mom and the card no longer exists. He had to give me cash. I took the cash right away to back so they could check the bills just in case. I think at this point anything can happen.
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Kristy thats horrendous!! I am so sorry you had to deal with that! It seems so out of character for Adam, as I have spoken to him on the phone several times and he has been nothing but patient and accomodating to me. If I were you, I would march myself right back in there and refuse to leave without the other half of my deposit. If he's not going to order the dress for you then there is no deposit to put down! Was this paid for on a credit card? If so, I would put it into dispute. Take charge, dont let him strong arm you. You have every right to get your FULL deposit back. A deposit is just that, an assurance for a product to eventually arrive. But if you arent getting the product then no deposit needs to be put down.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    go back with your mom or fi and freak the eff out. I'm not kidding. get your $$ back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would even harass them with a suit if they dont give the other rest of the money back or call the police either they find a way to give ur dress or give u the money
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Alissa, cause a huge scene! FORCE him to give it back the way he forced you!
  • Options
    JaiKriBabyJaiKriBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's absolutely horrendous!! I am so sorry you are dealing with this.  I would encourage you to contact the Florida Attorney General's office immediately.  They have a consumer protection/fraud division that is VERY helpful when it comes to this sort of thing.  They will investigate if you file a complaint and an investigation by a government entity might be just what it takes to get him to give you your $500 back. First try the fraud hotline - 1-866-9-NO-SCAM (1-866-966-7226) (toll free within Florida).  If that doesn't work, call Citizens Services at 850-414-3990.GL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vanered I dont think a lawsuit would do anything, it would only be in small claims court and she'd end up spending court fees. For $500 it doesnt seem like missing work and going to court is worth it IMO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg! i'm so sorry :(   he should have given you a full refund!  you should report him to the better business bureau if you can.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    tell them youre also going to write as many nasty vendor reviews on the knot, etc with his business name..... do you know a cop?? that always works too. just have the cop come in with you and tell him that is he dosnt give u your money youre going to charge him with theft.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    edited December 2011
    F that! Call Help Me Howard!!! >:oHow freaking insulting, disgusting and irritating! And then having the testicular fortitude to negotiate your refund if you didn't tell the other bride!OMG my blood is boiling just reading this.. Seriously.. do something about your other $500. It's your money and they broke the terms by going out of business and not ordering the dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd also try calling a consumer advocate for one of the TV stations.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If he is selling the business, bad vendor reviews or reporting him to the BBB aren't going to make a difference unfortunately.  IMO, I wouldn't waste my time with that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry you are dealing with this. I 100% agree with everyone else. My suggestion: Go back (preferably at a "busy" time when other unknowing brides may be there), cause a huge scene and threaten to report it to a news station. Reporters should be all over that ****!!!
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh! Big hugs to you! I cannot believe he is keeping $500 for essentially nothing and then grabbed your hand to force you to sign. I would get an entourage (your Mom, FMIL, FI, etc) to go back in there and raise hell. So sorry you had to go through this
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also hit them up with a complaint to the Broward County Consumer Protection Division.  954-765-4400Ugggh, this type of stuff INFURIATES me!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go back there and demand the 10% full refund. If he does not give it to you, call the police to the store. That is theft and you have every right to involve the authorities right then, right there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok, and thats 100%. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your support ladies. I called Help me Howard and left a voicemail for them and I also called the Broward County Consumer Protection Division. They will get in contact with someone who can help me by tomorrow. Special thanks to knotties Kitty315 and JaiKriBaby for these ideas. You guys are truly the best. Thank you again for the support. I'm still so shaken :( [IMG]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/losgsm" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/losgsm</a>[/IMG] [url=http://<a href="http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers" rel='nofollow'>www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers</a>][img]<a href="http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt382ec.aspx" rel='nofollow'>http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt382ec.aspx</a>[/img][/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh... I am so pissed reading this story I can't believe he would not refund your deposit and he had the NERVE to physically force you to sign something.. There are no words to describe how sorry I am that you are going thru this. I agree with everyone, you should dispute the charges if you can.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats awful!!! =( I agree with Vicki. March right back to the store and demand the rest of your money. If he doesnt comply, call the cops right there on the spot. Go with your FI so he sees you come with reinforcement. Im soo sorry you have to go through this keep us posted if anything works.We can always call for a knottie G2G and all meet at the store and back you up. Trust me, I dont think this guy wants a mob of angry brides overthere bitching him out LOL!!!! ;)
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have any advice for you, but the other girls gave good advice. I just wanted to say I hope everything works out! Also, be thankful you are on theKnot and heard the place was closing. I am sure there are other brides out there who won't know that there dress isn't getting ordered until it is too late and the place is already closed down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [I] We can always call for a knottie G2G and all meet at the store and back you up. Trust me, I dont think this guy wants a mob of angry brides overthere bitching him out LOL!!!! ;) [/I] I truly think this would be the most effective. We can wear veils, too.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome! I hope it helps.. I'm sorry you're still shaken up about it. And I second what Nane said.. I'm down for a G2G at the shop. ;)
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!! that's horrible!!! girl, don't let that fly! Go there with a Cop or something! that is theft!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Invite Help me Howard to the G2G...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a g2g would certainly get his attn. call the local news too and tip them off. news outlets LOVE wedding crap. ppl eat it up. I am laughing to myself right now thinking of all the local knotties converging on the store and getting news coverage. fight to get your $$$ kristy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards