Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

im scared of make up

ok so i did a trial run of my make up...i know it was very very early but I was getting my eye brows done by the same person and was there so it seemed like a good idea to try it. And i loved it when i was in the room and saw it, however when i went outside or anywhere else and looked at it i was afraid that there was too much. I was told i need alot of make up because of pictures and blah blah blah, but i dont want to wear alot of makeup, i dont wear make up in my every day so its a weird thing for me. Its normal to wear alot of make up that looks like your not wearing alot on your wedding right? I just need to get used to it?

Re: im scared of make up

• Options
    What made you feel like there was a lot of makeup? the foundation? The eyeshadow? Lipsick? Blush?

Can you get another trial and ask for a more subdude look? They can put a lot of makeup on you without you looking like a stage performer.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    When I got married years back, I did my own makeup. I went to a Merle Norman (other great places are MAC, Sephora, Ulta, etc) and worked with a woman there to find the look I wanted. I then purchased the lip gloss, eye shadow, etc that I liked, and did it myself. I didn't look very different than I do every day. My skin was a little more prefect, my eyes popped slightly, and my lips were basically the same as always.
    I wanted to look like ME on my wedding day, not a barbie doll version of myself. My pictures looked great. Did I look like a fashion model? No. Did I look like a beautiful, happy version of myself? Absolutely.
    If you feel like it's too much make up, maybe it is for you. Go with what you're comfortable with.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    I totally understand. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis. For my trial & actual wedding day it felt like they were putting on so much. But in the end, it didn't look over done on the wedding photos & it stayed all day, which is important too.

See if your person can do a second trial for you & do your make up the same way & then a more subtle look that you might feel more comfortable with. When we were playing around with colors for mine, to give me a good idea to compare, we did one side of my face with one set of colors & the other side in another look and it really helped me pick out the look I liked best for me.
  • Options
    I don't wear make-up very often either and am wary of it. Would it be weird to just use eye shadow and lipstick on my wedding day? 
    Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards