California-Los Angeles

Budget/Barn Wedding in SoCal with a party!

Hi all, I am fairly new to this, but I have done quite a bit of research. Like most of you, I have the sticker shock of the SoCal weddings. I have emailed over 100 venues listed on here and on other sites, just trying to get comprehensive pricing. 
I am wondering if any of you know of any reception sites that allow BYO catering and/or alcohol, since the rental fees for most of these places is too high. I LOVE the idea of a rustic wedding and a reception in a barn to follow, but many don't allow liquor, or you must get from their caterers. My family is huge and loves to celebrate, and we are expecting around 150 guests (which has been drastically reduced). Our wedding will be in October of 2014, so I'm hesitant to book a place that only has outdoor receptions. If any of you know of any sites that have a rustic feel, allow BYO (or are cheap enough), or even people that rent out their places for a backyard/estate wedding I would love to hear them. OR even if you have budgeting advice outside of BYO and the whole luncheon/brunch wedding idea. We are willing to go ANYWHERE in southern California (from LA and surrounding areas to San Diego). 
P.s. our budget is $9,000 (dress/suit is separate) and we need to have alcohol available! ;)
Thank you all!!

Re: Budget/Barn Wedding in SoCal with a party!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards