Catholic Weddings
Options

Recessional Songs

Ideas?  I am really not liking any of the typical wedding recessional songs and am in need of some inspiration.  Our music director isn't really being a help saying "you need to choose it since it annoucnes you as man and wife".  Ugh.What is/did everyone use?We are having a piano and flute, as well as, two vocalists for our musicans.TIA!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Recessional Songs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing "Trumpet Voluntary" but is that too traditional for you? I'm pretty sure that the Catholic Church is clear on their guidelines of songs... Here's what I did, I got a list of the "approved" songs, and listedned to all of them on iTunes/YouTube and we chose the ones we liked best. I can't stand the traditional wedding march and recessional, so that might work for you, HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll just have to keep chugging and looking on YouTube.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a piano arrangement of the overture from The Marriage of Figaro.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marriage of Figaro..perfect!  Thanks!  I'll ask our music director tonight if that could work.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we used jesu, joy of man desiring.  program with all music in ceremony under FAF link in bio.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! The only thing about the Marriage of Figaro overture... there's a short passage at the beginning that leads up to the fanfare part later. I had to instruct DH not to start walking until the fanfare came on. But it was nice because it gave us a few seconds to just stand there and let everyone look at us, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did Ode to Joy and then had Vivaldi Winter played as guests leave.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used "O God, Beyond All Praising" -- the tune of which is the theme from the Jupiter movement of Gustav Holst's The Planets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We decided on Allegro from Autumn by Vivaldi.  It will be the perfect ending for a fall wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards