Snarky Brides

My Body Gallery

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

I was playing around on MyFitnessPal and stumbled across this site.  For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a collection of photos of women of all shapes and sizes.  I sort of love it.  I feel so much more "normal" in terms of my size and it's nice to see women embracing their beauty.

What's your favorite part of your body?  Would you change anything if you could?

Bio
"You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue

Re: My Body Gallery

• I love my feet no matter what.  They're little, they're cute (IMO, I know some people hate feet).  When I'm "in shape" I love my back.  It's strong and muscular and looks hot, without being manly.

The only thing I would really change is that I'm one of those genetically "blessed" women that has cellulite no matter what I weigh.  So I wouldn't mind kicking that to the curb.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • edited April 2011
    Ugh!  I also have cellulite at any weight.  That's were tan in a bottle comes in for me.

ETA: I just realized box kitty is back!  so cute :)

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    My favorite part of my body is my legs. I walk a lot, so they are really nice.

The only thing I would change would be my boobs. I like them, don't get me wrong, but for my body size (5'4, 135-ish lbs), they are a bit too big (DD, at least), and they'll just get bigger when H and I have children. I will probably had a reduction at some point so I don't have back problems.

ETA: I'm already uncomfortable with them half the time. I can't sleep how I want to or wear cute clothes. And don't even get me started on the leering men. I don't like feeling like a piece of meat.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • SEWF you measurements sound like a human Barbie doll! :)

But I hear you on the back problems.  I'm taking a week off work to help my sister when she gets her reduction.  She was "overly blessed" like you!

Bio
  • I like my lips, eyes and hair (on the rare occasions that it's done).  I'm also told I have nice cheekbones, but I I don't really know what that means.

I pretty much hate everything else, but that has everything to do with my weight at the moment.  I am back on Weight Watchers and actually seem to be sticking with it this time, so hopefully that will change in a few months.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:ff2a32c3-181c-4f8d-b8ea-a11b3ccbe618">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like my lips, eyes and hair (on the rare occasions that it's done).  I'm also told I have nice cheekbones, but I I don't really know what that means. I pretty much hate everything else, but that has everything to do with my weight at the moment.  I am back on Weight Watchers and actually seem to be sticking with it this time, so hopefully that will change in a few months.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Celles, do you do WW online or go to meetings?  I seriously considered doing it online but decided to just track my calories on My Fitness Pal because without meetings/someone to hold me accountable, I think I'd fail :(

Bio
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:0ccea7e1-4032-4288-a535-5a7fb76a3d60">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]SEWF you measurements sound like a human Barbie doll! :) But I hear you on the back problems.  I'm taking a week off work to help my sister when she gets her reduction.  She was "overly blessed" like you!
    Posted by sherrbearr22[/QUOTE]

<div>Barbie's measurements in real life would be almost impossible. She'd look like some of those pictures of extreme corsetting. Don't get me wrong, I like my boobs, but big boobs aren't always a good thing. I get leered at by creepy men so often that I wear baggy shirts most of the time, especially at work. I'm an Assistant manager, and it's hard asserting authority to difficult male customers if they are staring at my chest all the time I try to talk to them.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:ff2a32c3-181c-4f8d-b8ea-a11b3ccbe618">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like my lips, eyes and hair (on the rare occasions that it's done).  I'm also told I<strong> have nice cheekbones, but I I don't really know what that means</strong>. I pretty much hate everything else, but that has everything to do with my weight at the moment.  I am back on Weight Watchers and actually seem to be sticking with it this time, so hopefully that will change in a few months.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

It means people can see them!  It's a good thing.  I wish I had cheekbones. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Wow. That's amazing. I look in the mirror and I see a fat blob, but the women on the site that are my weight and hieght look normal. It really does show how off my perception about my body is.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:3e450e16-3c1f-4827-8d2b-e88c24dada5a">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Body Gallery : Barbie's measurements in real life would be almost impossible. She'd look like some of those pictures of extreme corsetting. Don't get me wrong, I like my boobs, but big boobs aren't always a good thing.<strong> I get leered at by creepy men </strong>so often that I wear baggy shirts most of the time, especially at work. I'm an Assistant manager, and it's hard asserting authority to difficult male customers if they are staring at my chest all the time I try to talk to them.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

Ugh!  How rude.  THat would piss me off too.

Bio
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:ee158f66-5aa9-47fe-a20f-fb72c4154c98">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Body Gallery : It means people can see them!  It's a good thing.  I wish I had cheekbones. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously. Celles, you're gorgeous! I was stunned when I saw your wedding pictures. Plus, you look a lot like my friend Katie. She's gorgeous, too, but never believes it when I tell her that.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:985096a4-1069-4f25-b490-30f7dc7d6ae8">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. That's amazing. I look in the mirror and I see a fat blob, but the women on the site that are my weight and hieght look normal. It really does show how off my perception about my body is.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yep!  Same here!  You'd think we're looking into one of those funhouse mirrors or something!

Bio
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:985096a4-1069-4f25-b490-30f7dc7d6ae8">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. That's amazing. I look in the mirror and I see a fat blob, but the women on the site that are my weight and hieght look normal. It really does show how off my perception about my body is.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what I thought, too. I was thinking I needed to tone and lose a few (like 5) pounds, but the girls in my measurements look pretty good.</div><div>
    </div><div>Sherr, I really like that website!</div>
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:dae39849-28f4-40c0-ab78-260878666030">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Body Gallery : Ugh!  How rude.  THat would piss me off too.
    Posted by sherrbearr22[/QUOTE]

<div>It's like on TV how women have to snap in front of men's faces to get their attention. </div><div>
    </div><div>I feel bad complaining about my boobs. I generally have a pretty good body image, it's just one of those things. I also don't know why men think that yelling and whistling at a woman on the street is supposed to make us feel better. In fact, it makes me feel more like an object. It just sucks.</div>
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:d4cc4e89-09e0-4ba5-85c0-6425d217cd32">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Body Gallery : It's like on TV how women have to snap in front of men's faces to get their attention.  I feel bad complaining about my boobs. I generally have a pretty good body image, it's just one of those things. I also don't know why men think that yelling and whistling at a woman on the street is supposed to make us feel better. In fact, it makes me feel more like an object. It just sucks.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

That shiit pisses me off.  I've been followed in stores countless times and hooted and hollered at.  And the thing, is the guys act like we should be so privaledged(sp?) to have them treating us like meat.    Gross!

ETA: I don't really see you as complaining due to body image.  More like you've been subjected AND big boobs do make certain activities a lot harder to do and can really cause a lot of back pain.  I totally hear you on that!

Bio
  • I love my shoulders and, as weird as it sounds, the space where my abs go down to my pelvis. I've always been very flat and toned there, although that my be changing soon lol.

I hate my thighs. I hold most of my fat in my thighs and nothing works to make them not touch or not have cellulite. Even in high school when I was riding horses 10 hours a week, running 6 miles a day, doing Tae Kwon Do, lifeguarding (so swimming 1 hour a day), and running cross country.
  • That sucks

They don't have my body type in their records

Guess I'm a freak
  • -oot- there was only one in mine. And that girl looked way better than me.
    Clyde von Sockypaws and Lilly Pad Meunster. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not a freak.

I'm 5'8" and 120 lbs

That's  NORMAL
  • Ha oot- Im 5'9" and +/- 130lbs
    Clyde von Sockypaws and Lilly Pad Meunster. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love that site...I feel way better about myself.

I love my legs...they are very muscular, which I don't love BUT I have no cellulite at all and when I work at it a bit, I have no fat on my legs at all.

I hate my midsection. That is where I carry my weight...like the lovehandle and belly area. For me, that area requires a whole lot more work...I more or less have to have very low body fat for it to look lean...which is difficult for me to do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:45d946f6-7912-4671-88d4-6dfc347af533">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that site...I feel way better about myself. I love my legs...they are very muscular, which I don't love BUT <strong>I have no cellulite</strong> at all and when I work at it a bit, I have no fat on my legs at all. I hate my midsection. That is where I carry my weight...like the lovehandle and belly area. For me, that area requires a whole lot more work...I more or less have to have very low body fat for it to look lean...which is difficult for me to do.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous!  For me, I hate my arms.  I think they make me look way bigger than I actually am.

Bio
  • don't get me wrong, I have some fat on them right now...but I don't have any cellulite.

Also...I have the flattest ass known to man. I hate hate hate it. If I were going to get implants it would be in my ass cheeks because no matter how many squats or DLs I ever do, my ass will still be flat. When I lose my love handles it looks a tiny bit nicer, but never bigger. 
  • CellesCelles member
    edited April 2011

Thanks SEWF.  I don't see it, but I do appreciate you saying it.  :)

Sherr -- I do Weight Watchers Online, but I use the word "do" loosely because this is only Day #3 back on the program.  I did it successfully a few years ago and lost 50 lbs. in about six months.  It works if you can make it stick!  Unfortunately, I didn't, so over the course of two years I gained everything I had lost and then some.  And I didn't have the motivation to try again until very recently.  (Anna deserves 100% of the credit for inspiring me, too!  Thank you Anna.  <3)

• Pretty cool. I'm still not any happier with my body though after looking at it. Oh, well. I hate my stomach. Even when I only weighed 100 lbs I still had a small tummy. I don't have bad cellulite on my thighs, but it's definitely there. I do really like my smile. I also love my boobs. They can be a major pain in the ass (32E) but there are very nicely shaped and everything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:d51143d6-1693-49f4-8bb7-4e74ded89cf5">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pretty cool. I'm still not any happier with my body though after looking at it. Oh, well. I hate my stomach. Even when I only weighed 100 lbs I still had a small tummy. I don't have bad cellulite on my thighs, but it's definitely there. I do really like my smile. I also love my boobs. They can be a major pain in the ass (32E) but there are very nicely shaped and everything.
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

wowzers!! Those are some big boobies!  OOTB, didn't you have WAY more posts at one point?  Is that a TK screw up or have I completely lost it?

Bio
  • They are indeed some big boobies. Genetically I had no chance of small boobs. Every woman on both sides of the family has big boobs. I think you may have completely lost it though. I just started posting fairly recently. No glitch.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:45477cd5-dbf3-4adf-8b74-3987e9d88c51">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]They are indeed some big boobies. Genetically I had no chance of small boobs. Every woman on both sides of the family has big boobs. I think you may have completely lost it though. I just started posting fairly recently. No glitch.
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

Aw man! My mind zone has been screwy lately.

Bio
  • That site is great.  Thanks for sharing.  My butt is my favorite part of my body.  Haha.  It is pretty big for my waist size, and I always have trouble finding pants, but when I'm rocking the right outfit it's pretty sexy.  FI likes it too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3e291a1-c293-40e3-a5eb-42770f03bebbPost:03a9359e-b559-4c86-85f5-1cc8d2cbb795">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]That site is great.  Thanks for sharing.  My butt is my favorite part of my body.  Haha.  It is pretty big for my waist size, and I always have trouble finding pants, but when I'm rocking the right outfit it's pretty sexy.  FI likes it too.
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

Uhh, your ass is smokin hot. I do realize I sound like a total perv but when you posted pics in your dress I was like DAAAYYYYYYMMMMM! LOL

Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards