Gay Weddings

Dresses?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some opinions. Our wedding is going to be outside, so I would really like to wear a shorter dress. I guess the length I am thinking of would technically be considered tea length (it would be slightly below my knees). My partner is wearing a dress also, but wants something that is going to cover her legs. Her dress won't have a train or anything - she's just thinking something longer. Do you think it will look funny to have two different length dresses?

Re: Dresses?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they are similar in formality, I don't think that their being different lengths will be an issue.  You might look for ones that have similar details so that they will look coordinated even though not matching.  For example, if they are not white, you might look for one that has an accent color that is the main color of the other one.  Or look for similar lace, embroidery, pearls, etc., to tie them together.  If you check my bio, you will see that our two dresses are different styles, but that the embroidery makes them look coordinated.
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    absolutely not! I actually think it would look funny if they *weren't* somehow different. You're a couple, not twins, know what I mean?

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! We want dresses with details that are similar, so you guys are right - as long as they aren't totally different it should be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree that it's no biggie.  You should each have the wedding dress you want and feel comfortable in. 
  • edited December 2011
    So long as the detailing is similar, it should be fine to have two different lengths. However, you don't both have to wear dresses. At www.alfredangelo.com, there is a cute bridal outfit, Style 2045, with a sweetheart spagetti strap shirt and flowy pants to match. I absolutely adore this outfit, and would love to have it just to have it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards