California-Inland Empire

Getting married at Magic Lamp Inn any advice

Okay so I was trying to find a reception/ ceremony cite that was inexpensive. So, I finally ran across this restaurant called Magic Lamp that has a few private rooms. The private room that I am using has a dance floor and a bar in it. The meals are priced at about $32 per person and that's including tax. I still need a dj and a photagraher. Oh I also need a cake if anyone has any suggestions on vendors in the san bernardino county or riverside county.

This is my dilemma, I want to have my ceremony at my church, however, I don't know if that will work. My pastor is a little sketchy on making any kind of commitments with. Plus, I can't afford to pay for any members of my church to go. The private room at the restaurant can be setup to have the ceremony on the dance floor; however, what do you all think of this? The immediate family will be setup in chairs infront of the ceremony while others look from their tables.

If you have any suggestions for churches in the rancho cucamonga area let me know. My budget is really low so I can't afford much. I just don't know how my family will feel about the ceremony being in the same room. My guest count is going to be between 60 and 70 people.

Re: Getting married at Magic Lamp Inn any advice

• edited December 2011
    I would say if you go with the church, get something in writing from the minister; I know it's your church but treat it like any other vendor, get a contract, get it in writing, etc that way there is no what if question.  The same location would be ok, but something about having it on the dance floor just doesen't feel right, can they do it outside?

I don't know djs that cover that area, but I was on my photographers facebook a few days ago, and it looks like he just did an event at the Castaway in San Bernardino, and he does amazing work and really really awesome prices plus he usually gives a discount if you are referred by another bride, tell him Maria D. sent you; corbin kell, www.corbinkell.cc Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

If your pastor is sketchy about committing to wed you, I would find someone else. The last thing you need is him backing out a week before and then you're screwed. I don't know of any churches in RC area sorry. Do you have any friends or family that go to other churches? If all else fails, I think the ceremony would be ok if you had it at your venue.

Cake vendor- Nancy Rich. sorichcakes@hotmail.com Tell her Bre sent you.
    DJ- Eric from So Cal DJ. www.socal-dj.com
    Photographer- George Nathan www.georgenathanphotography.com

• ljstevensonljstevenson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I don't have any other friends that go to any church other than mine. I think I may just have the ceremony onsite, because it just seems like it would relieve a lot of stress. Plus, I have some people saying just get married at the courthouse and I'm not even considering that. There should be some way to make it work there.
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Etiwanda Gardens has a nice chapel you can get married at.
  • MrsTucker2011MrsTucker2011 member
    edited December 2011

Try looking on www.weddingwire.com
    It helped me narrow down our choices - we're working on a tight budget too.

Are you looking for indoor venues only?

Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I forgot about the church my cousin got married at in Rancho Cucamonga. It was really cute and not too pricey.
    Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church
    http://www.soth.org/
  • edited December 2011
    What denomination are you looking at? FI and I are getting married at St Peter & St Paul in Alta Loma. It's roman catholic so one of you would have to be catholic...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • ljstevensonljstevenson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm Christian but I think we are going to have it at our church. I have already booked the venue, I was just looking for a church for the ceremony.
  • gmnidrmgmnidrm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The food there is sooooo good! It's 1 of my fav's
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards