Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Reviews on A Fine Image Photo & Video?

Hello Gals, Has anyone used Mark Zaki from A Fine Image Photo & Video?  It says he is a Knott Favorite for 3 years but I don't see any buzz about him.  Your input is invaluable!

Re: Reviews on A Fine Image Photo & Video?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should realize "Knot Fave" and "Knot Picks" is just code for "this company spends more on advertising". I know I have read negative things about this company, but I don't recognize the name Mark Zaki. You might want to look them up on the Better Business Bureau.
  • Options
    jamidandedbjamidandedb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might not get mark as a photographer.....I'm pretty sure this company is one of the one's you want to stay away from.  There was a knottie last year that used them I believe and there were some big issues getting her pictures from them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can't find reviews here, look on WeddingWire.com There are plenty over there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just checked out Wedding Wire.  I think the knot needs a class in business ethics.
  • Options
    natalienorbutnatalienorbut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks for the quick replys and directions over to wedding wire!  I'm looking him up right now~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    STAY AWAY!!!!! My FSIL used A Fine Image for her wedding and she did not get one good photo.
  • Options
    mon&scottmon&scott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin used this company and loved her pictures but said the company nickeled and dimed her. I used The Pros, another similar company and was so happy with them. My pictures came out great and I had them before we got back from the honeymoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Run, don't walk away, as fast as you can.  I used them and had a nightmare experience.  This was the worst company I have every worked with, period. I signed a contract with their "photographer" Jennifer. Less than a week before my wedding, after I sent multiple emails the weeks leading up to my wedding with my must take photos for Jennifer, I was told that I had a different photographer and that I wasn't guaranteed Jennifer. Interesting since my contract was with Jennifer and there was no mention of changing photographers anywhere in the contract. I believe sometimes they now tell you that you aren't guaranteed any specific photographer now, but that wasn't the case when I booked them back in 2007.  With less than a week before my wedding, I was stuck with whoever I was given as it was too late to find someone else and I would have lost all of my money. After the wedding, they took longer than the 90 days stated in the contract to post my pictures. They tripled the price of the negatives we had agreed upon originally and I had down in writing. When we threatened legal action because they had breached so many items in our contract, they turned around and threatened legal action on us for deformation, when we had done nothing of the sort. They threatened me, my husband, and my parents at home and at work personally, threatened our jobs, our homes, our cars, and more. Security and legal had to be called in at our work (we all work at the same company) and the head of our legal department said that he's never delt with a bigger nutbag and security was on high alert because of the psychotic things the owner was saying. In the end, we got our negatives and our lawyer worked everything out, but these people do not know how to run a business. The owner, Mark has been banned by every photography association according to the photographer we were assigned, who refuses to work with this company ever again after our experience because of all of the issues he's caused me among other brides and how he runs business. Mark goes by multiple names (Zaki, Flairity, etc.), so be careful. They should not be in business. On top of everything, I didn't get a lot of my must take photos. There isn't a single picture of me with my mom, our venue, me with my grandparents, and so many other photos that were on my must take list, and they weren't obscure photo requests either. I was so disappointed and it really turned what should have been a wonderful day into 6 months of headaches, disappointment, and sheer disbelief at how this company treats their customers.This is, word for word, from an email they sent me after my dad went down to their office to try and get our photos according to our contract.  They claimed we were bad mouthing them on the internet, which we weren't.  The only comment I had made on The Knot at that time was that it was past the 90 day mark to receive my videos and photos and was getting worried.  They funny thing was that the photographers/videographers kept calling us through this process saying that they promised not to delete anything since AFI was threatening to delete everything on us.  They couldn't believe AFI was doing this and assured us they said nothing of the sort.  On top of that, AFI was the ones who gave us their contact info to begin with:"We find your conduct appalling, you are a disgrace. You are also stupid not to know that whatever you say or write to anyone will get back to us, there would be reprucussions to your lies on the internet and your talking to our associates. You can keep doing it, and give us more ammunition for the Courts.   Please be advised that we are preparing a lawsuit against you for defamation, and interferring in our business, and talking to our associates, which you were told not to in explicit terms. Both XXX and XXX  would testify of your constant attempts to contact them and complain to them about our company, even offering them jobs. They are sick of you contacting them. If you ever contact them again or anyone in our staff we will add civil and criminal charges against you for harrassing us.We are seeking $50,000 in damages from  the Court. Once we have obtained the judgment, we would use all legal means to collect the money including but not limited to garnishing your wages, repossessing your automobiles and placing liens on any real estate you own.   Please do not contact us, other than through the Middlesex Superior Court. You will have plenty of time to present your case to the judge.   Any services to you have been suspended until the Court has adjudicated on your conduct."Just crazy
  • Options
    natalienorbutnatalienorbut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you sooooo much!!!! I was so close to signing the contract!  I'm so sorry Red sox rocks!  I believe in Karma and this guy will definitively have his day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Natalienorbut, I'm so glad I could prevent another bride from going through what I had to deal with.  For the longest time I thought I was never going to get my photos.  I believe in karma as well.  I'm not one to wish bad things on people, but I really hope he gets what he deserves and is shut down and never allowed to do business in the photography or wedding industry ever again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards