Registry and Gift Forum

Avoid TARGET Club Wedd

Attention ALL Brides!  Avoid registering at any Target stores for your bridal registry.  I made the mistake of registering with them, and found out that they do not provide the registry cards for wedding invitation.  You have to go on-line and print the cards out onto cardstock or paper.  You will have to cut them out individually and then stuff them into your wedding invitations.  Not worth the effort, plus when I called customer service they could not provide anything to help relieve me of this unnecessary work.

Re: Avoid TARGET Club Wedd

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_avoid-target-club-wedd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:7aebfaf9-818b-415f-98bf-e210a27ac470Post:58d03e8d-4859-4c31-a21d-9e36ed82fb5d">Avoid TARGET Club Wedd</a>:
    [QUOTE]Attention ALL Brides!  Avoid registering at any Target stores for your bridal registry.  I made the mistake of registering with them, and found out that<strong> they do not provide the registry cards for wedding invitation.</strong>  You have to go on-line and print the cards out onto cardstock or paper.  You will have to cut them out individually and then stuff them into your wedding invitations.  Not worth the effort, plus when I called customer service they could not provide anything to help relieve me of this unnecessary work.
    Posted by NewCountry[/QUOTE]

I've also heard negative reviews of Target's registry.

However, the bigger issue here is that you should NOT put registry cards in your wedding invitations.  That comes off as very rude and gift grabby.  Your guests can figure out where you are registered through word of mouth, by searching major registries online, or by looking at your wedding website (if you have one). 

If someone hosts a shower for you, they may decide to include registry inserts in the shower invitations.  But under not circumstances should you put registry inserts in the wedding invitations.
  • I've also heard bad things about Target...but it was relating to their return policy. 

• Well you shouldn't be putting registry cards in your invites at all, especially not in your wedding invites.

Word of mouth or a wedding website is how people will find out where you are registered.
  • OMG, you never put registry info in your wedding invitations!! This is a big NO, NO.

It is considered rude and a breach of etiquette.
  • Yes, PLEASE don't put registry info in your invite.

We got them from BBB and I promptly tossed them in the trash. They even spelled my name wrong on them haha!

Just bad all around....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_avoid-target-club-wedd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:7aebfaf9-818b-415f-98bf-e210a27ac470Post:0a7aa18a-7f5e-419b-81a9-e544965daead">Re: Avoid TARGET Club Wedd</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, you never put registry info in your wedding invitations!! This is a big NO, NO. It is considered rude and a breach of etiquette.
    Posted by MNVegas[/QUOTE]

This!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If anything those cards go into shower invitations not wedding invitations.  I threw mine away.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WOW I learned something new today.  I didn't know that you should not place the registry cards inside the wedding invitations.  The ones that I've recieved have had registry cards inside them.  I thought this would be helpful for my guests. I didn't know this would be a faux pas.
    Thanks for letting me know about this wedding etiquette.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards