Canada
Options

Elope

We are planning a super small ceremony, just our kids, parents, one sister and a neice and nephew, but it is still stressing me out. 

I am trying to talk fiancee into eloping somewhere (no idea where) and he is game for it.

Would you elope?  where is a good place to go?

Re: Elope

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the true sense of the word "elope", I don't think I could do it... just run off and get married without involving ANY of my friends and family.

But I do love the idea of a tiny wedding. Any vacationy spot will have lots of resorts that can put together a whole wedding package for you without too much work on your part. If you want to stay within Canada, Niagara Falls would be lovely. Otherwise, how about a resort in the Caribbean or Las Vegas?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you feeling stressed about exactly?  If the ceremony is not for you, then elope - do what makes the two of you feel the best on your day.  I will admit that planning a wedding is a lot of work, but it was worth all the effort in the end to be with my loved ones.

I would love a tropical place for a wedding or a getaway.  This works for a honeymoon as well if you can take it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think maybe I am just stressing out.  Maybe I just need to relax.

Lots of things have been going on.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do plan on sticking around - let a small restaurant or venue take care of everything - there are plenty of places that will do food, reception, AV, flowers, decor, and everything all together.  That way you pick everything at once and then it is done!
  • Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would totally elope! But I would have to come back and have a celebration with friends and family after. I think the idea of it is really cute and romantic. Your wedding is already small anyway.

What about somewhere outside of the city in the spring, or closer to summer? A ranch maybe?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge offers a variety of options for small intimate weddings. The Signature Cabins are perfect for the whole family to stay together You can even host a catered dinner in the cabin and use the cabin for your ceremony site.  They are also very accommodating to different budgets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards