South Asian Weddings

Hi ladies! Need NJ DJ recs

Its been a long time since I've posted here!  Just went back a few pages and all the "newbies" I remember meeting here are all married now!  Congrats, everyone!I also need NJ-area DJs (who play Indian music of course) for my BM who is getting married next May.  She's not the knot-type =)

Re: Hi ladies! Need NJ DJ recs

• Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey stranger!  We used DJ Insomnia.  Really nice guy and plays great music.  He had everyone dancing all night!   He also does lighting if she's interested in that.  And he does the MC-ing (but keeps talking to a minimum so he's definintely not cheesey), but he usually brings an assistant with him.
  • edited December 2011
    We used DJ Sujal and he was amazing. He also does some lighting stuff, gobos, uplights, etc. He's a little on the pricy side, but I had so many guests come up to me afterward to say that the DJ was wonderful. And I actually had other vendors (photographer and wedding coordinator) comment on how great he was. The wedding coordinator hadn't done an Indian ceremony before and she said he was really helpful at moving the cermony along too. His website is sujproductions.com.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Veena!  How was the honeymoon?  We used Colorblind Productions and they were fantastic for our fusion celebration.  They are also super affordable: www.colorblindprd.com. We already had a bunch of Indian music on hand but we also gave them a CD and some song recommendations.  If your friend wants straight-up Indian music, then they might not be your best bet, but I will continue to sing the praises of these guys because they were the vendor that exceeded every expectation, hands down.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Magic Mike.  I've known his group for years (he actually did my sweet sixteen).  I've been to a number of weddings where his group was the DJ and have always liked them.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using DJ Yogesh...he's doing some lighting for us, as well. He's very professional, always gets back to me within an hour or so when I'm trying to get in touch with him and has been great to work with so far! http://www.djyogesh.com/
  • yanksasdjyanksasdj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tribe entertainment is really good. http://www.tribedjs.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We used DJ Raj and he was awesome! Everyone loved him and 3 of our cousins actually booked him for their weddings recently! djraj.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards