Snarky Brides
Options

No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?

Hi ladies, 

Well, today I was accidentally super rude to a girl I thought was a vendor.  Whoops!  Anyone else have an exciting day?

Edit: it said 'hi snarkies' to start with, but was told that was wrong. 

Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:0b0f5d22-7eed-4053-af58-6ca4d49ac644">No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Hi snarkies</strong>.  Well, today I was accidentally super rude to a girl I thought was a vendor.  Whoops!  Anyone else have an exciting day?
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

<div>That's not going to win you any bonus points.</div>
  • Options
    Ewww snarkies
  • Options
    I'm sorry, since this is the 'snarky brides' thread I thought it was funny, I'll change it asap!
  • Options
    what was that cartoon, with the things that lived underwater, they were blue? Anyone?
  • Options
    Vom. Coming on too strong, you're doing it.

My day was good, though. First day of exams and I bought a new Michael Kors bag. Oh, and yelled at people while I was driving home. Now I'm just waiting for my husband to get home and for my empanadas to (hopefully) cook well.
  • Options
    which part was coming on too strong, posting a thread, or changing the intro post? I like to know what mistakes not to make again. 
  • Options
    Evening, ladies.

I just got home from work and am drinking some Sam Adams Latitude 48 while I research prices to surprise J with a New Orleans birthday trip.  I'm excited and I don't want to blab to him before but I think I probably will.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:54839fcc-4ba5-4065-825c-5407c6d7f3ac">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what was that cartoon, with the things that lived underwater, they were blue? Anyone?
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Snorks!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:a90244df-623f-4fa5-aa86-dc0191ace82b">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives? : Snorks!
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>THANKYOU!  That was what sharkies make me think of. Snorks.</div><div>
    </div><div>I do not look like a snork. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:4b19b998-f03f-49f8-91f3-fa64f8df5a69">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]which part was coming on too strong, posting a thread, or changing the intro post? I like to know what mistakes not to make again. 
    Whenever anyone uses "snarkies" or any variation, I know they haven't lurked.  Also, why apologize/change it immediately? Don't care so much, kwim? It's kind of a lose-lose situation, I guess, and that's the fun of being new :)

But it's cool you made a thread.

Thanks, Dot--Diick in this box was no longer funny and I didn't want to push the joke. Plus J was offended and her word is law.  No Coach flats, but I got decent Steve Madden ones with a good rubber sole, so they'll do.  I will get a pic of the bag--they just put it out today.
  • Options
    I'm sick. Everything hurts and food tastes terrible today. I got out of bed at 10:30 only to move to the couch. I hope whatever this is is gone by tomorrow.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Whoops.... sorry! (thanks for the clarification DotDash)

Empanadas are so yummy... It's probably a terrible trait that as soon as I read about a food I like, I'm craving it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:4829c60a-d8b9-42d6-abfd-a457828b31f2">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives? : THANKYOU!  That was what sharkies make me think of. Snorks. I do not look like a snork. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I think the snorks are cute though! I miss all those shows from when I was little.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:ef7d2997-3003-405f-a4c4-b4a7d1b71772">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives? : Whenever anyone uses "snarkies" or any variation, I know they haven't lurked.  Also, why apologize/change it immediately? Don't care so much, kwim? It's kind of a lose-lose situation, I guess, and that's the fun of being new :) But it's cool you made a thread. Thanks, Dot--Diick in this box was no longer funny and I didn't want to push the joke. Plus J was offended and her word is law.  No Coach flats, but I got decent Steve Madden ones with a good rubber sole, so they'll do.  I will get a pic of the bag--they just put it out today.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Ok, good to know. Caring too much is kind of a specialty, FI says I wasn't made for the internet :/  I'de say "i'll work on it" but that seems counterproductive. 
  • Options
    C--I hope you feel better!

Gabrielle--I hope they come out delicious! Time to find out.

And here's the bag:

It's just plain, but it has these cool interlocking circles on the strap and it's THE softest leather I've ever felt. I broke down and got it because i'm always looking for a perfect black bag.

Alright, out to eat! Later, guys :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:a95dba0e-3f9e-406d-bbc0-d75900c6e9a6">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, since this is the 'snarky brides' thread I thought it was funny, I'll change it asap!
    Cool, thanks and welcome!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:53d6e986-a05b-4e9c-b45d-4d44f7f7e9ff">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives? : Cool, thanks and welcome!
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  Your sig makes me laugh every time I see it.  I want a shirt that says that next christmas. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:913bc3bd-8ca6-459d-85ef-548ca3062d46">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives? : Ok, good to know. Caring too much is kind of a specialty, FI says I wasn't made for the internet :/  I'de say "i'll work on it" but that seems counterproductive. 
    I get you. Just relax and jump in--we want to get to know you, not the "trying to fit in" you :)
  • Options
    Hello, ladies.

I'm still at work.  But my friend had her baby today!  He's really premature due to pre-eclampsia, and is so tiny - just 2 lb 7 oz.  He's a cutie, though.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Gab, have you answered our initiation poll yet?

Thoughts on:
    Death Penalty
    Cash Bars
    poop
    sex swings
    dollar dances

Favorite poster
    least favorite poster
  • Options
    Dot. I saw you post in the other thread about this.  But you should fix your sig. It drives me crazy. (I'm anal, surprise surprise.)

Add a <*br> to your sig code (without the *) between the photo html and the quote.
  • Options
    I can't wrap my head around how teeny tiny a 2lb (or less than) baby would be. 
  • Options
    Hi.

I'm searching for a desk for H on craigslist and generally being annoyed at craigslist. 
  • Options
    He's healthy, just so tiny (only 15 inches long).  But the pre-e was life-threatening for the Mom, and they didn't have a choice about delivering early.  He looks like a little frog baby.  There's about 55 babies in the NICU, and many of them are even smaller.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats to your friend LesPaul!

Steph- I've answered an initiation poll, but not that one, so, here goes!

Thoughts on:
    Death Penalty - For it. 
    Cash Bars- Yuck! Unless I'm out at an actual bar. 
    poop- For it!
    sex swings- the roof of my duplex would give in :)
    dollar dances- For it!

Favorite poster- I'm a big fan of LingerLonger, Whitsey, and ILoveMilkDuds
    least favorite poster- I tend not to remember the names of people who annoy me, but there was a girl the other day on chitchat whining about her wedding date and refraining from typing out all her words in favor of oh so cutely using numbers instead. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies.  I'm doing some work, and will shortly do some homework.  I'm posting job openings on CL, but wondering if CL will be blacked out tomorrow because of the SOPA protest.  Could be interesting.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:914b72a6-d49e-4490-af06-cce70033a367">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives? : Posting a thread = good referring to us as snarkies = bad.  ETA <strong>Oh and not telling us what you did to the suspected vendor is not cool cause we need details please and thank you</strong>. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Well, she posted about her venue, and used colors and a lot of detail about pricing, and links to their site and everything, and it looked vendory so I thought she was a vendor.  I told her I reported her and that I thought part of her idea was super rude.  I ended up apologizing until I was blue in the face, because she was new, and not a vendor, and I'm a guilt prone person, but it wasn't good. 
  • Options
    I don't think so, Ash.  The only site I've heard that's forsure going through with the blackout is Wikipedia. 

At one point, wasn't it going to be CL, Wiki, Amazon, Google (and all their products) and more?
  • Options
    24 hours without Google?

I don't know what I'd do.
  • Options
    I heard Wikipedia and Reddit for sure.

I'm shocked Youtube isn't joining in.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards