Snarky Brides

Plan B?

So yeah, I'll say it. I had some sex in SF. But I haven't been on any birth control for medical reasons. Our condom did a little bit of a disappearing act during the grand finale (that's embarassing) so now I'm thinking I need some emergency contraception. Anyone been down this road before and want to share stories? I'm not thrilled about the prospect of how this will make me feel, between the cramping and whatever else. But it beats a baby out the vag.

Re: Plan B?

• Wow, really? Mo, I know you know better than this.
  • Sorry, I just channeled my mom. I just keep seeing these postslurking on first tri with these "oops" mommies.Now looking I realize I may have misinterpreted that the condom thing was a real oops and non a choice to remove.
  • If it's been within 72hrs I think, you can just go to your pharmacist and they will give it to you.  I "hear" there is no cramping just brings on your period. 
  • Clarification: condom getting lost was not intentional. it was a somewhat acrobatic moment.
  • I took it waaaaaaay back when I was 18, so I'm sure it's changed since then.  But it's basically like taking a crapton of birth control pills at once.  I didn't have any side effects that I remember.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Ooh! Winged just scolded you. Did you find the disappearing rubber I hope?
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I have no experience, but I assume you are getting tested for stuff too.
  • We exclusively use condoms so I've taken Plan B twice. Everyone's different, but for me, it just wasn't that bad. I was more annoyed about spending $40 for it. I did pretend to be having a terrible time over it just to make my husband feel guilty (I told him I shouldn't be ovulating so let's please just not bother and if we make a baby, oh well! But he was freaking out). So I made him get me ice cream and walk on egg shells with my faked symptoms. I had a bit of cramping, a bit of PMS like moodiness, but it wasn't bad at all.
  • so you need a prescription? because I really really like my doc, but he's kind of fatherly, and I feel like I may be a disappointment to him :( Dumb. But true.
  • OK, thanks for the clarification. It sounds like this session was rather interesting and possibly exhausting,I have never taken one of those so i have no other input. I will just stop judging you now. ;)
  • Yeah, Winged, I read it as the condom got lost, not that it was pulled off on purpose.Ideally you would have gotten it that day but you have up to 72 hours for it to be effective. I've heard it can cause nausea/cramping and intensified PMS symptoms because it's such a huge surge of hormones.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • In some states you can get it directly from the pharmacist without having to go through your doctor. I have no idea if IN is one of those states though.

• Took it once.  No bad side effects for me.  And I don't remember it bringing on my period right away.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • planned parenthood says I can just get it without a script! Nice! I have heard horror stories of cramps and bleeding like a mofo. if it isn't that bad, then I need to settle down. and WOW! this says you can take it up to five days later. whew.
  • I got mine through Planned Parenthood.  Give 'em a call.
  • Did you find out how rich this guy is?  You might want to reconsider this no baby plan. ;)
  • lol, fallin. you are nuts. no babies. not yet anyway. i avoided money talk as much as possible. it's too weird for me. we come from different worlds, I'll say that. My parents never won a house in a game of golf. I think it is too early to do std screening anyway...but I could be wrong about that. I think you have to let the hpv and herp fester for a while before you would test postive for them...lovely. but we did talk about our various exploits, and neither of us is really a pollyanna nor a prostitute, so I prefer to play it safe for a while.
  • I would get tested now or at least talk to a place about getting tested and when you should do it. As nice as people are you never know. I wish you luck and sorry for turning into your mom.
  • So Plan B experience to offer but I am assuming since there was acrobatic intercourse that the trip went well? Future trips planned?
  • My parents never won a house in a game of golf.Please tell me more.Yeah, the viral STD's have to fester I believe, but I think they can do blood tests. And I took Plan B once, no script from Unplanned Parenthood, and I had no bad reactions at all.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • no babies. not yet anyway.Are you trying to ruin all of Mod's hopes and dreams?
  • btw, my hopes and dreams for mo are the no babies part. be our no baby couples friend.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • No, Mo is right, it's too early for STD screening.Not that this has anything in common with Mo's sitch, but when I worked for the rape crisis center, we would make follow up appointments a month or two out for victims for STD screening after the SA exam. A screen right after would only pick up stuff he/she already had.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • What about the bacterial ones? Those take a while to manifest as well?
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • I want to hear more about this house won while playing golf.
  • Trip went quite well, i posted about it down below where it says "it was amazing".Well basically, his dad is a semi-retired cardiothoracic surgeon. His mom is a plastic surgeon (yay!). Dad plays golf to kill time. Dad played some German tourist/patient turned golf buddy a game, and put money on it. I don't know how much. German lost, and then wasn't really able/wanting to pay. So he signed over the deed of his Hawaii house to Dad. This where I am a little lost, I think there was still money owed on the morrgage. So the house was given to my guy, and he pays what was left on the morgage.
  • I'm also in IN and I just went to the pharmacy, no script.  My doctor made me wait 8 weeks to get screened for STD's. 
  • Look at all of the people on here who have taken Plan B!  Filthy hussies.
  • Yup, Angie.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Funny I have also had a case of the disappearing condom...ehhh no fun!I took plan b once in college and I got a little cramping but nothing major. I got it at planned parenthood but I think it is avaliable at the pharmacy now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards