Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I know I've asked before...

13»

Re: I know I've asked before...

• Options
    Buy a can of cresent rolls, cut dough pieces into halves.Mix together softened cream cheese, fried bacon crumbles, and green onions.Spoon and spead mixture on dough, roll them and bake until golden brown.
  • Options
    P^2, since you said you've got a lot of bacon to use, these are absolutely delicious. My husband (the chef of the family) nearly cries in gratitude when I make them.http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/bacon-bites-recipe
  • Options
    I love these threads.On a cracker or toast-like thing or whatever spread goat cheese and then top with bruschetta mix.  Absolutely delicious and super simple.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Onion spread 1 cup chopped onions (sweet - especially Vidalia - work best, in fact this is actually called Vidalia spread/dip) 1 cup shredded cheddar 1 cup mayo Mix together in a small casserole dish, then bake at 350 until melted and bubbly.  You'll want to dab the top with paper towels to absorb some of the oil before serving.Serve with crackers.  The onions get sweet and mild.  It's heaven.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    lp - it's an Epicure Creation. Cheese chives and bacon dip mix, mixed with Ranch dressing mix. Not sure how you could substitute it in the US - maybe any powdered ranch dip (1.5 tbsp), mixed with .5tbsp of bacon bits, .5tbsp of parm cheese, and .5 tbsp of dried chives? Mixed with 1 cup may and 1 cup sour cream.
  • Options
    I like the lemon dilly dip too from epicure.  God epicure is good stuff!

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    If you can broil something while you're there (or just want to do this at home):Crostinis Mild gorgonzola cheese (cut into slices)HoneyTop crostinis with cheese, broil until melty, drizzle with honey.  OMG.  So freaking good.And thanks to everyone here, I too will likely have dip for dinner.
  • Options
    Thanks p2, I found where I could order the epicure stuff online ... but that seems a little overboard for some dip (unless it's crazy good). I'm slowly becoming really jealous of canadian food, first the beaver tails and now this.
  • Options
    Velveeta Dip:Block of VelvettaCan of green chiles and roasted tomatoscooked hamburger meat.Cube block and add undrained can in a crockpot. Dump meat and set on low for about two hours stirring frequently. Served with tortilla dip.Also, those little sausages in BBQ sauce. YUM.
    GP IF buddies with nursecheryl Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lpstl - it is worth it!  a lot of their stuff is low in sodium and you don't need a lot.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Lp - it's WAY worth it. You need 3 tbsp of dip mix to make 1 recipe, you should get about 6 recipes out of it. (12 cups - so way cheaper than philly dip). Plus, it's really low sodium, etc.
  • Options
    If you're looking for a bacon-fix, a friend of mine gave me this recipe after a small get together and I've served it at superbowl and mardi gras parties to great reviews - it's now required at most major parties!Need:one small package of cocktail weeniestwo packages of thick baconone 16oz bag of brown sugartoothpicksCut bacon package in half so you have two equal length sides.  Wrap mini-weenies in bacon and secure with toothpick.  Sprinkle with half bag of brown sugar and bake at for abour 45-50 min.  Sugar should be carmelizing on weenies and beginnning to crisp.  Remove from heat, cool and serve on a platter.  Delish!
  • Options
    Devilled eggs!  I actually saw a blog post the other day that had "devil" eggs- devilled eggs with little bits of red pepper for horns.  Cute for Halloween!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    this thread has once again made me want to try pepper jelly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards