Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Honeymoon destination

2»

Re: Honeymoon destination

• maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggested going to the Harry Potter theme park that will be opening at Universal for our honeymoon, but FI nixed that pretty quickly.Ditto.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Banana.... I love Anthony Bourdain!  I watch that show religiously and want to eat/travel to all those places (ok maybe not eat EVERYTHING).Seriously, that show even made me want to visit Iran.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know! He's a cranky old man, but I do have a bit of a crush on him. My sister read his book and liked it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Riviera Maya area of Mexico (in between Cancun and Playa del Carmen). We stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach and the resort was just incredible. We wanted a really relaxing vacation and that is exactly what we got. I have been to that area of Mexico several times before, if you have any questions let me know.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My other old-man-on-tv-crush: Mike Rowe. And he sings!
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Mike Rowe crush is nothin' to be ashamed of :)Me, on the other hand, my obsession with Conan O'Brien is completely unjustified. 
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, Donna, I have to agree with you on that one. The man is hilarious, but...
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Lake Tahoe and making a day trip to California to at least a beach since we will only be like 3 or 4 hours from the coast.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mike Rowe...*drool* I can't believe no one else wants to visit the Harry Potter theme park for her honeymoon.  I guess we're the only ones, Anna.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I guess so. More butterbeer and pumpkin pasties for us!
  • edited December 2011
    *snicker* pumpkin pasties, tee-hee.P.S. Yes, I realize I have the maturity level of a 12 year old.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's ok, I giggle about it too. The British have some strange words.
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Relating to Harry Potter, I saw a dude yesterday and all I thought about was how he looked like Draco..
  • edited December 2011
    Speaking of Draco, the boy is looking pretty hot the older he gets.  I feel kind of like a sleazeball..but seriously, he's hot.
  • edited December 2011
    I would be all for going to the Harry Potter theme park! We may have to make a trip there this year but I think for our HM we are looking at the Caribbean. Some of the places we are thinking of are, Bonaire, St Lucia, TC and then a few others spots like Dominican Republic or maybe Costa Rica. I would love to go to Hawaii again but we have both been a fair amount. Maui and Kauai are really beautiful! But to me the best honeymoon spot would have to be, Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. I went about 7 years ago and there is just no place like it. We looked into it but tickets are about $3800, and that is just the airfare!!! I would rather use that money and stay longer on the HM vs going to Tahiti but if it is in your budget then it is a must.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to NYC for our honeymoon and are looking into going to Rome within the next year or so.  **Fingers crossed**
  • edited December 2011
    julie,did y'all decide to go with rome ultimately then?  you will LOVE it.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Barring any complications, we'll be going next fall.  I've been a couple of times and I teach Latin so I know how wonderful it is.  Bill, however, has never been.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Napa Valley- stayed at Cottage Grove Inn- individual cottages in Calistoga- and love, love, loved it! Can't wait to go back (it was my 3rd Napa trip, DH's first). We also did 2 two nights in San Fran. I love San Fran but honestly could have just as easily stayed put for the last 2 nights in Napa. I would love an island vacation for honeymoon too and an all inclusive is so easy. We didn't do Carribean because it was hurricane season but I would have liked Puerto Rico, St John, St Lucia, Dominician Republic, Costa Rica. We thought about Cabo to avoid hurricane season but netiher DH or I could get too excited about Mexico. I agree with Stephie, Cancun feels like spring break to me. Italy would be terrific. DH doesn't like flying though and it would have burned up too much time/days off.
  • almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We LOVED San Juan. I recommend it highly.Also, look up the Occidental Grand Xcaret resort in Mexico. My family took a trip there a few years ago, and it was amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    I heard Lake Tahoe is beautiful...im also so confused and lost on where to go.im getting married on Dec 19 and plan to leave for our HM on the 21st, is it hurricane season for the Caribbean?  we also been looking either at Maui or the Caribbean, need to make a decision soon! so hard to decide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards