Connecticut
Options

Gluten Free Beer

I know I"ve seen a few others on this board with Celiacs or some other gluten intolerance.  I found an amazing GF beer last night- really, better than most of the real beers I had  before my intolerance was diagnosed.  I got it at the Publick House, and I know they carry it in their specialty goods shop, but I don't know where else it is carried.Brewery:  Green's, based in BelgiumBrew:  Quest- triple brewed belgian aleIt smells and tastes more like a cider than a beer- floraly and fruity.  Unlike the other GF beers I've had, it wasn't at all bitter or acidic, and absolutely does not leave a tangy aftertaste on your tongue.  It's the kind of beer you can just sit and drink, not sip at or nurse along.

Re: Gluten Free Beer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestion - ill have to try that one! currently my favorites are new grist and bards tale, but i actually tend to drink hard cider more often (woodchuck is gluten free and i just got this awesome one from a farm in burlington that i cant wait to drink).

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Years ago I used to date someone who was gluten free and Corona and Rolling Rock were recommended beers. I guess Corona is made from Agave and RR is made from rice... not sure if it's really true but thought I would pass it along.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The liquor store by me will speciality order any GF beers. They also carry Strongbow which is the best hard cider I've come across!!    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not GF..but I've had the cider from Burlington and its yummy!
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just as an FYI, corona and rolling rock are definitely NOT gf. they may have a low gluten content, but absolutely not gluten free.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sisters had celiacs for years (it recently subsided) and was able to drink bud light bottle beer (only the bottle--not can or draft) because it's brewed differently and has no wheat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards