Connecticut

Gluten Free Beer

I know I"ve seen a few others on this board with Celiacs or some other gluten intolerance.  I found an amazing GF beer last night- really, better than most of the real beers I had  before my intolerance was diagnosed.  I got it at the Publick House, and I know they carry it in their specialty goods shop, but I don't know where else it is carried.Brewery:  Green's, based in BelgiumBrew:  Quest- triple brewed belgian aleIt smells and tastes more like a cider than a beer- floraly and fruity.  Unlike the other GF beers I've had, it wasn't at all bitter or acidic, and absolutely does not leave a tangy aftertaste on your tongue.  It's the kind of beer you can just sit and drink, not sip at or nurse along.

Re: Gluten Free Beer

• edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestion - ill have to try that one! currently my favorites are new grist and bards tale, but i actually tend to drink hard cider more often (woodchuck is gluten free and i just got this awesome one from a farm in burlington that i cant wait to drink).

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • edited December 2011
    Years ago I used to date someone who was gluten free and Corona and Rolling Rock were recommended beers. I guess Corona is made from Agave and RR is made from rice... not sure if it's really true but thought I would pass it along.
  • edited December 2011
    The liquor store by me will speciality order any GF beers. They also carry Strongbow which is the best hard cider I've come across!!    
  • edited December 2011
    I am not GF..but I've had the cider from Burlington and its yummy!
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    just as an FYI, corona and rolling rock are definitely NOT gf. they may have a low gluten content, but absolutely not gluten free.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sisters had celiacs for years (it recently subsided) and was able to drink bud light bottle beer (only the bottle--not can or draft) because it's brewed differently and has no wheat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards