2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019

• YAY!!! It's my turn. I was starting to worry that my day would come and go before I had my week.

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name Carla & Gideon

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age Oct. 25 31yo & Mar 29 34yo

3. City Born In? Detroit

4. City Live in? Houston

5. Where did you go to college? Sam Houston State - Undergrad & Stanford University (Currently)

6. What was your major? Finance. I'm currently in a distance learning program at Stanford for Advanced Project Management.

7. What is your current job? Power scheduler for a Commodities Trading Firm(remember the movie trading places with Eddie Murphy, yup that's what we do)

8. What is your dream job? Art Gallery Owner

9. How did you and your fiance meet? At a pool hall, I was playing with my friends and he was at the next table watching me, he finally came over to talk after we exchanged a few smiles back and forth. Yup, you can meet your husband in a bar. LOL!

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? Took me to Straits restaurant for my B-day with my BFF and her husband, he proposed outside under the canopy.

11. When is the Wedding Day? July 7th

12. Where is the ceremony and reception? Fallbrook Church & Signature Manor in Houston

13. What are your wedding colors? Green, ivory, and gold

14. Where are you honeymooning? Costa Rica - all inclusive one week. Can't Wait

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? The 9 person band we hired to perform at the reception. We love live music and we also have a DJ to play the international music.

16. Biggest wedding splurge? The guest list, I never dreamed of having 250 people at my wedding but in my FI's culture this is considered a small wedding.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? My parents. I left their religion a long time ago (Jehovah Witnesses) and they are true fundamentalist. We don't speak anymore and I've tried and prayed that their hearts change but all I can do is respect their wishes and let go let God.

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? All knotties having destination weddings. I love to travel and if I can travel and see a wedding then I'm in heaven!

19. Favorite book? The Way of the Superior Man (A must read)

20. Favorite movie? Dangerous Beauty

21. Favorite tv show? Cosby Show

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? Allure

23. Any advice you can give? Similar to what other knotties have said before but I wanted to repeat that nothing else matters on your day except you and FI. If the guests, vendors, weather, food, music all go down hill; as long as you have your FI by your side and that officiant says "I now pronounce you husband and wife" your day is a SUCCESS!

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? I wouldn't change anything about my wedding because it is truly my dream wedding, but I would change asking one of my BM. She has flaked out on almost everything so far. The BM dresses are being custom made so I will see if she shows up for the final fitting this week.

25. Share something about yourself! I'm a bit of a pool shark. If you couldn't tell by my story of how FI and I met at the pool hall. LOL! I started playing in college and some how feel in love with the game. I've played in a few tournaments and charity events.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Yay Carla!  So nice to get to know you more.  I would have never known you to be a pool shark.  I bet you get them everytime flashing that smile, lol.  What aspect of your wedding are you most excited about, aside from marrying the man of your dreams.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Trading places is one of my all time fav movies!!!! LOL!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • My parents went to SHSU! My ex best friend went there too. I go to Homecoming every year with my parents! Eat'em up Kats!

OOOH I may need you to TUTOR me in Finance when I take the class in January...I dropped the class this past month because that crap looked like Japanese to me...I am a biologist and have the slightest idea what finance is about!

Awww it is true that you can meet your love in a pool hall, bar, club etc....Sweet story!

I am sorry your parents can't be there. I will be praying for you and them on the matter between you all. Not being funny but shortly after I got home from delivering my daughter, she and I were asleep on the couch, blinds open enjoying God's natural light and some Jehovah's knocked on my door...it was the whole family...Pissed grumpy nursing new baby Me saw them looking in the blinds so I just closed them and laid back down. They knocked harder and was like we can see you ma'am. So I flung open the door with my daughter who was raising the same hell I was about to raise on them. I don't even remember what I said but I went off and told them Don't ever knock on my door ever again and to pass the message along to the others (This was my first and last encounter with Jehovah's in Louisiana)

Sorry get off my soapbox.But I love the Cosby Show too! I like to play pool but not much of a shark!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:c7e9aae2-c86f-41bf-95a6-4c5a8afec427">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE] 16. Biggest wedding splurge? The guest list, I never dreamed of having 250 people at my wedding but in my FI's culture this is considered a small wedding. 17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? My parents. Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

#16: what culture is your Fiance?

#17: :(  I'm SO glad you're coping well with this. My parents won't be there for other reasons.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:57847a08-d695-49a5-9d17-13f6758145c3">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Carla!  So nice to get to know you more.  I would have never known you to be a pool shark.  I bet you get them everytime flashing that smile, lol.  What aspect of your wedding are you most excited about, aside from marrying the man of your dreams.
    Posted by ejagers[/QUOTE]

Just the fact that I'm a girl they are blind sided when I play. I use to be much better but after I had my son and started my career I slowed down. But I still have a few tricks up my sleeve when some guy get all cocky. LOL!

I'm most excited about joining the families together. I have never felt more loved then when my FI's extended family welcomed me in. Some of his uncles call him asking, "How is our wife doing?" LOL! so silly. And I have relatives I haven't seen in years that are flying in. I will dance the night away with everyone!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:ba25298b-39db-4059-a54a-64ba8c1c26ee">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trading places is one of my all time fav movies!!!! LOL!!!
    Posted by MissusD1116[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is certainly in my top 10 comedies.
  • I really hope your parent's come around. I know you have probably gotten used to the idea of them not being there. But really hope and pray that they do show up. Do you plan on sending them an invitation?

I am also an Allure bride!:-) Even my shoes are allure!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:a6ef7363-9090-4041-bf9f-2827d29939b5">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents went to SHSU! My ex best friend went there too. I go to Homecoming every year with my parents! Eat'em up Kats! OOOH I may need you to TUTOR me in Finance when I take the class in January...I dropped the class this past month because that crap looked like Japanese to me...I am a biologist and have the slightest idea what finance is about! Awww it is true that you can meet your love in a pool hall, bar, club etc....Sweet story! I am sorry your parents can't be there. I will be praying for you and them on the matter between you all. Not being funny but shortly after I got home from delivering my daughter, she and I were asleep on the couch, blinds open enjoying God's natural light and some Jehovah's knocked on my door...it was the whole family...Pissed grumpy nursing new baby Me saw them looking in the blinds so I just closed them and laid back down. They knocked harder and was like we can see you ma'am. So I flung open the door with my daughter who was raising the same hell I was about to raise on them. I don't even remember what I said but I went off and told them Don't ever knock on my door ever again and to pass the message along to the others (This was my first and last encounter with Jehovah's in Louisiana) Sorry get off my soapbox.But I love the Cosby Show too! I like to play pool but not much of a shark!!
    Posted by CaseynMike[/QUOTE]

Girl vent away. Dem Jehovah's use to knock on my door too. At first when I told them I use to be one so no need to come by I know everything you are trying to teach me, they started coming more often to get me to come back to the "Truth". I have recently moved into a gated community and they cannot get in. Thank Ya Jesus!

LOL! I have a mental image of you yelling at the whole family with a baby nursing on your exposed breast. I'm sorry that Sh*t is funny!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:fcc3a9d0-1746-4edc-9fbb-8a80be07b02e">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019 : #16: what culture is your Fiance? #17: :(  I'm SO glad you're coping well with this. My parents won't be there for other reasons.
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

My FI is Nigerian (Yoruba) and he has lived here most of his life.

Thank you! It has taken a long time to come to this point of acceptance. I read self help books, I joined a support group, I went to therapy. Many adults that grew up JW but break away normally go through a similar process as people leaving a cult. You are taught to only fellowship with other Witnesses so when you leave most of your family will turn their back on you and your so called friends.

We are also left with social awkwardness becasue we were so sheltered and misinformed about EVERYTHING.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:65ed9538-6d36-40b0-b491-e20a095264f8">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really hope your parent's come around. I know you have probably gotten used to the idea of them not being there. But really hope and pray that they do show up. <strong>Do you plan on sending them an invitation? </strong>I am also an Allure bride!:-) Even my shoes are allure!
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]

Yes, they received the invitation and declined. 

I love allure, there are so many great dresses but I love my allure!
  • Congrats on being Knottie of the week ! Your FI bday is the same as mine..aries in the house !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • LMAO NO MA'AM SISTA SOULJA!! I did tell them that me and God were going to have to get this here baby back to sleep and slammed the door lol! I was not nursing her WHILE cursing them out...I just gave a small bio of the type of mom I was at that time...My child would be awake from 1030 PM-530 AM EVERY NIGHT so when we finally did get sleep I was just a new nursing grumpy mommy. And baby that got all of it ya hear me? Question...why do they go around all dressed up like that? It was the end of May HOT AS HELL IN Louisiana and everyone was dressed up....My daughters dad (who I am not marrying THANK GOD FOR JESUS) was like dang Case did you have to cuss the little girl out too...I told him No one was exempt from a tongue lashing...Oh well Le Sigh Jesus has forgiven me I hope lol

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:e387c7d5-b67a-4fb4-b16a-a92480342eb2">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019 : Girl vent away. Dem Jehovah's use to knock on my door too. At first when I told them I use to be one so no need to come by I know everything you are trying to teach me, they started coming more often to get me to come back to the "Truth". I have recently moved into a gated community and they cannot get in. Thank Ya Jesus! LOL! I have a mental image of you yelling at the whole family with a baby nursing on your exposed breast. I'm sorry that Sh*t is funny!
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:2ff60ec5-13fc-4e79-8196-65f28819dec1">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]LMAO NO MA'AM SISTA SOULJA!! I did tell them that me and God were going to have to get this here baby back to sleep and slammed the door lol! I was not nursing her WHILE cursing them out...I just gave a small bio of the type of mom I was at that time...My child would be awake from 1030 PM-530 AM EVERY NIGHT so when we finally did get sleep I was just a new nursing grumpy mommy. And baby that got all of it ya hear me? Question...<strong>why do they go around all dressed up like that? It was the end of May HOT AS HELL IN Louisiana and everyone was dressed up..</strong>..My daughters dad (who I am not marrying THANK GOD FOR JESUS) was like dang Case did you have to cuss the little girl out too...I told him No one was exempt from a tongue lashing...Oh well Le Sigh Jesus has forgiven me I hope lol In Response to Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019 :
    Posted by CaseynMike[/QUOTE]

We are taught to present ourselves separate from the world. And it is an honor to go door-to-door because not everyone is righteous enough to do it. We are the only true religion while everyone else is in Satan's World. So we must stand out. (Barf)

If all you did was go off then that was good. I remember being 15 and this one lady let her dog out on me. And another time this family turned the sprinkler system on. My mom's justification was that they tortured Jesus so we are going to be persecuted too.

Ummm...no mom, it's not the same!
  • Fellow Houstonian!  Nice getting to know you!!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Great to know some details about you! I am sorry about your parents...I know some good folk out of Sam Houston!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:d35eb4bd-81d7-4ae2-aa2a-55d89f9b3d98">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fellow Houstonian!  Nice getting to know you!!
    Posted by Nshivers[/QUOTE]

Howdy. WOW! your day is around the corner, where is your venue?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:02713362-3be9-4bfe-a4ef-ee1b829fee41">Re:Knottie of the Week Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on being Knottie of the week ! Your FI bday is the same as mine..aries in the house !
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

You Aries sure are some stuborn folks....But gotta love ya!
  • Oh wow...interesting. My grandma used to answer the door with her bible in her hand and would challenge them...talk about died laughing. When new one's would come to the area she would do the same...eventually they stopped coming all together!! Although it has changed your relationship with your family I can tell that you are happy regardless!! Glad to get to know you!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:7786da6c-c20f-43a0-a5a4-c967911ca9e4">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019 : We are taught to present ourselves separate from the world. And it is an honor to go door-to-door because not everyone is righteous enough to do it. We are the only true religion while everyone else is in Satan's World. So we must stand out. (Barf) If all you did was go off then that was good. I remember being 15 and this one lady let her dog out on me. And another time this family turned the sprinkler system on. My mom's justification was that they tortured Jesus so we are going to be persecuted too. Ummm...no mom, it's not the same!
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]
  • *celie-shout* Carla!!!!!  lol.  Congratulations and nice to meetcha. ;)    you picked a great date sevens are super lucky (and it's my burfday).   I'm sitting here pushing work aside giggling my behind off at you and Casey.   I would've HAD to stay on mawmaw's good side because ain't no telling what kind of talent it takes to run a witness off your porch.   Laww. 

• Carla! I loved reading about you. I love that you met your FI in a bar! Oh and I love to play pool too, I just wish I was good at it. LOL

You sure can meet your FI just about anywhere! I met mine in a club.

I love your colors! They sound so pretty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:c51ca453-4387-44ab-af9d-9612a72f7c7e">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]*celie-shout* Carla!!!!!  lol.  Congratulations and nice to meetcha. ;)    you picked a great date sevens are super lucky (and it's my burfday).   I'm sitting here pushing work aside giggling my behind off at you and Casey.   I would've HAD to stay on mawmaw's good side because ain't no telling what kind of talent it takes to run a witness off your porch.   Laww. 
    Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]

Hey, nice to meet you too. I could go on and on with Jdub stories but I'll give it a rest. At the end of the day I just pray for them.
  • Hey Carla.  Costa Rica sounds fabulous.  I had a coworker who had her destination wedding there a few years back and loved it!!   For your dream job what type of art would you like to feature and do you have any artistic talent that you would include in your gallery?

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:a93e6c3c-99b8-4d47-accf-516edede6bf4">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carla! I loved reading about you. I love that you met your FI in a bar! Oh and I love to play pool too, I just wish I was good at it. LOL You sure can meet your FI just about anywhere! I met mine in a club. I love your colors! They sound so pretty!
    Posted by BluIvory82[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is that when we met 4 years ago we were both just having our fun. So we grew together and have settle down into a great relationship. It's not where you've been but where the two of you are going.
  • jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hello fellow Houston Knottie....

I was tripped out by the way of the jehovah witness when my bestie told me her mom was one and they got in a heavy discussion about not believing in blood transfusions..because blood was dirty or not pure or whatnot...so not even to save your life..they would refuse..I was like JESUS..it was strange to me...

I also like to play pool (and darts)..I can remember the first time I suggested to hubby to have an outting with friends at Slick Williies (pool hall)..he already has big eyes, but it eyes got huge when I whooped his butt..teehee..so now we dont hold back when playing..he doesnt let me win because Im a girl..lol..no matter how much I bat my eyelashes...thats neat that you have skills..

Yay!! Bearkats!! I went to Sam Houston back in 1999 (I didnt graduate from there), but Im currently attending University of Houston-Clear Lake..whooo..almost done with my double bachelors in Psychology and Sociology.. thank God..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:626a5b26-9826-4ea2-a0f9-8eeb5d02e1c9">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Carla.  Costa Rica sounds fabulous.  I had a coworker who had her destination wedding there a few years back and loved it!!   <strong>For your dream job what type of art would you like to feature and do you have any artistic talent that you would include in your gallery?
    </strong>Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm so excited to go to Costa Rica! I plan on laying on the beach with a good book in one hand and a fruity drink in the other.

I like surrealism the most. This is the type of art that uses everyday objects and images but changes them to reflect a deeper meaning or an emotion the artist is feeling.

I can look at an image and draw it but I'm not that great at creating something from nothing. This is why I have such a passion and appreciation for artist. I didn't take the time to develop myself to the level of being a professional but I certainly keep it as a hobby.

Sorry, I can ramble all day about art if you let me.
  • Hi Carla. Your wedding is coming up fast. i love your color combo. Good luck with everything!!!

imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:85d11750-dae5-4739-ba48-5549be94e3c8">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello fellow Houston Knottie.... I can remember the first time I suggested to hubby to have an outting with friends at Slick Williies (pool hall)..he already has big eyes, but it eyes got huge when I whooped his butt..teehee..so now we dont hold back when playing..he doesnt let me win because Im a girl..lol..no matter how much I bat my eyelashes...thats neat that you have skills.. Yay!! Bearkats!! I went to Sam Houston back in 1999 (I didnt graduate from there), but Im currently attending University of Houston-Clear Lake..whooo..almost done with my double bachelors in Psychology and Sociology.. thank God..
    Posted by joneka[/QUOTE]

Yes, most men love it when a girl can be like one of the guys from time to time. Congrats on your degree plan. Psychology & Soc careers are no joke. I started school wanting to be a psychologist until I volunteered at a woman's shelter in the Woodlands. After I finished talking to those ladies and hearing their stories I was in tears balling. My personality is WAY too sensitive and I'm not strong enough to stay professional and separate the job from my emotions. I tip my hat to anyone in these careers that can truly help others.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-carla1019?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:304951f3-1408-4dfa-a1d0-f3d62efa42e9Post:6217cf72-93ed-4920-b8aa-aedb1aa3dff2">Re: Knottie of the Week - Carla1019</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Carla. Your wedding is coming up fast. i love your color combo. Good luck with everything!!!
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

Thanks Pearls! I couldn't believe I'm at 39 more days!!!
  • Carla! I feel like I know you already but it was great to know so much more!  I want to know more about you being introduced to your FI culture. Are there any customs or traditions your FI has introduced you to that you really enjoy or find interesting? Is there anything you will incorportate in your life together, maybe something you didn't necessarily do before?

p.s. still waiting on that bridal shower picture!!!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards