Registry and Gift Forum
Options

XP: Registry Items

My shower is a week from Satuday.

My entire Macy's registry is gone, from this weekened minus 2 towels and one platter

But my williams sonoma registry is still intact minus 3 gifts.

Should I shift things from W+S to Macys? Like our bakeware etc.
I am not sure why Macys was more popular. I think because there is only one W+S store around us..besides the outlet. And I am still hoping to get some gift cards to there.

We love to cook and I like the quality of their items- and their selection.
But I guess Macys has been more popular- probably also because of the coupons and sales and its more well known with my older guests.

Should I just keep the registries as they are?? I mean if someone waits until next week to get a gift and Macy's is sold out-- then its not really my fault they waited and now have to travel to W+S right?!
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: XP: Registry Items

• Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    If both stores are convenient to your guests, I wouldn't worry about switching things over.  For one thing, WS has a lot of brands Macy's does not carry, as well as having certain "exclusive" models.
  • Options
    I think it's a good idea to make sure there's enough to choose from at both places, and if that involves moving some things to your Macy's registry, that might be a good idea. If someone comes to Macy's to buy your wedding gift and there's nothing left, they're going to be disappointed. I wouldn't move everything, though.

I think it's more likely that if your Macy's registry is bought out, you'll get Macy's gift cards, not WS.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I wouldn't shift things necessarily, but I would try and find a few more things you like at Macy's to refill your registry with.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I just have to say that's awesome. Our shower was Saturday and we had 4 things off our registry.

So, yay for you!!! =D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Harry on Sirus to the Dursleys. HP Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Options

Only shift from W-S to Macy's if the items are the same (or if you actually prefer the Macy's version). Don't put stuff you don't really want at Macy's just to please ppl. Your guests will either find you W-S registry, or get you something off registry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards