Massachusetts-Boston

The Stevens Estate, North Andover, MA?????

Planning my wedding for fall of next year or spring 2011 - meet with Laura from Steven's Estate at a Bridal show - Love the looks of everything! Has anyone been or getting married here? Love to see pictures, any advice, comments, etc.

Re: The Stevens Estate, North Andover, MA?????

• edited December 2011
    ekobrenski is getting married there next year- i'm sure she'll have plenty of info.
  • edited December 2011
    I used to work there as a college student and always loved it there. If it were big enough for us, I'd definitely go there. There used to be a bad chef there, but from what I've heard she's gone. Laura is incredibly detail-oriented and will have every little thing perfect for you, I'm sure!
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, I'm getting married there. Now, you have a choice of three caterers. I love love love my caterer Simply Elegant. They are seriosuly probably one of the best vendors I've worked with. Laura is really good. Overall, I went with them bc they offered the most for the price, and the tent and tables were included so theee was less to worry about. I also really liked the ceremony site. I'm sure laura gave you this, but I have a slideshow in my bio of another wedding. Goatandoldman.weebly.com. under venue. Let me know if you have q's about anything else. Tell Laura I recommended SE :)
  • TeenyTinyTeenyTiny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great thanks girls! ill definately check out that slide show. i havent met with laura on a one to one basis, just at the wedding show the other night. i have many quesitons for her. what did you order for food from your caterer?
  • edited December 2011
    I havent finalized since my wedding isn't until June, but the package we picked comes with two meal choices and a carving station, two stationary hors deovres, and I think either three or four passed hor d'oevres. Also salad and rolls, etc. I got rid of the carving station bc I have an issue with an animal being carved apart in the middle of my wedding lol, but I guess they are pretty popular. I'm def getting the sirloin in port wine reduction as on of my entrees and then either a chicken or fish. For app, we're most likely doing a mediterranean stationary (not sure about the other one). I LOVE sliders, so probably those and then some tapas style (scallops in saffron, etc). They're very reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    The Stephen's Estate is definitely on my short list. It is so charming and just different from the "wedding factories." If you want to see some pictures; when we met with our photgrapher he showed us some photos from a couple weddings he shot there. I think a few of them are on his website, you can look at www.athousandmoments.com
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there! I am getting married at the Stevens Estate as well. So far Laura has been great. I love the flexibility that the estate offers and the caterer that I met with is also great (A Day to Remember). Laura mentioned that they tend to work with Simply Elegant and A Day to Remember the most. Let me know if you have any specific questions or what not. I'd be happy to help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards