Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Ceremony Readings

I am wanting a nice wedding reading, but didn't know if there was something other than the two typical "wedding crashers" readings? Religious or non religious. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!
Amy

Re: Ceremony Readings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having his sister read "The Art of a Good Marriage." I have written out the entire ceremony and what everyone will say (a co-worker/friend is marrying us, so we can do whatever we want).
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard a lot of advice about reading passages from a favorite children's book or reciting a poem.  I'm still trying to think about what readings we want at our wedding.  I'm with you with not wanting the same "typical" readings.  My FH and I are unique and we want our wedding to reflect our uniqueness :-D  You might do some Google searches for non-traditional readings and you might be able to find some.  Nebraska Wedding Day magazine had a good article in their magazine about readings.  I've found their blog for it here...

http://neweddingday.blogspot.com/2009/12/love-in-literature.html

Hope this helps!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards