Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good Morning!

Re: Good Morning!

• Thanks, Matilda!  We haven't gotten our pro pics back yet, so I'm going through the best ones that my friends got on FB.  I can't wait for the pro pics.

Tornado watch?  Scary.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:b2b356ea-c9e1-4fda-90b7-7ce307185744">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Matilda, your sig pic makes me squeal with childish delight. Kitten in stockings!! ZOMG !!eleventy!! And the weather is awful, no? And I think the tornado watch for Richmond and DC is still on. At least it isn't horribly cold.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you actually made me laugh out loud at your excitement! That should help my mood some.

And just wait til tonight, it'll be 28 degrees and then in the 40s the rest of the week. And it sounded like a hurricane last night with the wind and the rain.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good morning! I have a job interview at 11, and I'm nervous about it. I haven't been on a job interview in a REALLY long time. But, I've been job hunting two whole days and I have an interview, so it appears to be going pretty well for me.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Good Luck with that LC!
  • Good luck, LC!

I love the hat you have on in your sig pic, I stop and look at it every time you post.
  • Thanks y'all!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:b2b356ea-c9e1-4fda-90b7-7ce307185744">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Matilda, your sig pic makes me squeal with childish delight. Kitten in stockings!! ZOMG !!eleventy!! And the weather is awful, no? <strong>And I think the tornado watch for Richmond and DC is still on.</strong> At least it isn't horribly cold.

Boo....I think it's still on here. At least my office is in the basement of the building. Should be pretty protected if one rolls through here.
  • Morning!

I went through a bad spell at work where someone would steal a piece of my pizza every time we ordered in and I had leftovers.  It was so dumb I started leaving notes on my pizza box ("I guarantee you make more money than me, order your own pizza!"), and my manager had to bring it up in a meeting.  He was like "seriously, guys, this shouldn't even be an issue here".

Anyway, that's over with (we secretly think it was our manager..and he's no longer here, and the pizza disappearances quit).

Good luck LC!
  • I can't wait to wear my coat. It's the first really nice coat I've ever had and I've been waiting for it to be cold enough, which in my definition is the 40s for more than 2 days in a row. Tomorrow will be it's inaugural trip outside.
  • Good luck with the interview, LC!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I just finished working out and took the dog for a walk in the POURING down rain. Little shiit stood out smelling the air for 15 minutes and then peed next to the house :( but at least for as crazy as he is, he just sits there and lets you dry him off when he is wet

I need a better cellphone so I can take better pictures of my crazy animals. Because I am a crazy animal lady. 
  • Good morning - I am all dressed in workout gear and ready to go.  Jillian Michaels is calling my name.  Just DO IT!

PS - it's snowing here too... little flakes. :)
  • YAY LC - good luck!
  • Awww cute pup Rosie. My Beagle/Husky mix sits and I say "paw" and he lifts each paw every time I say it to dry him off. The Lab/Husky/Shephard on the other hand tries to nip at my hand when I'm holding his leg to dry him. The two little ones refuse to go out in the rain, so we rarely have to dry them off.
  • I'm jealous of the snow people. It's actually cold here though, so that's a start. It's in the 30s this morning, which is pretty cold for this time of year.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:5f32ea9f-4b7c-4459-8c29-f605b39653ed">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww cute pup Rosie. My Beagle/Husky mix sits and I say "paw" and he lifts each paw every time I say it to dry him off. The Lab/Husky/Shephard on the other hand tries to nip at my hand when I'm holding his leg to dry him. The two little ones refuse to go out in the rain, so we rarely have to dry them off.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Aw.....my parents have a collie/border collie and border collie/husky/shephard.
    Does yours with the husky have crazy blue eyes?
  • Hooray for snow!

Good luck on the interview, LC.

And stack - I would cutta bitch.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:261a120e-f64b-4a7b-aca1-23e26df066ec">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Time to bust out the heavy winter coat, then. At least I have cute winter accessories. And the wind was crazy last night and this morning. I thought the rain was much heavier, but it was just all the wind buffeting our window. Still didn't want to get up, though. I have been so awfully tired this week. I guess my body is still catching up from my cold.

The wind!!!! Oh my gosh.  I had a really hard time getting any of my dogs to go potty outside this morning.  I drive a Jeep Liberty which I think is a pretty stable, heavy car and I could feel the wind moving it this morning.  No likey. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:1176fb54-0521-4e03-a044-560c15820e1f">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm jealous of the snow people. It's actually cold here though, so that's a start. It's in the 30s this morning, which is pretty cold for this time of year.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Don't be jealous.  Snow is cool the first time it falls but by March I am so over it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pink, you're right. If I had to deal with it on a regular basis, I'd probably die. It very rarely snows here, so the novelty never wears off.
  • Mornin'.

Rosie, welcome to the darkside.

I've left food in the fridge for months and nobody ever tries to take it. I guess a PB&J just isn't as sexy as pizza or Chipotle.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:aaf5f1dc-7da0-4805-b0c5-26223c975846">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pink, you're right. If I had to deal with it on a regular basis, I'd probably die. It very rarely snows here, so the novelty never wears off.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Exactly and snow looks beautiful for a couple hours after it falls but then it turns black & brown from all the dirt & car pollution.  BUT snow delays are always awesome.  Always.   
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:f576ef28-03ec-4d3d-a45b-ddf958fd54d4">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : I have been there before. I think it's worse when your car is top heavy. I used to drive a big conversion van (it was awesome) and when it was super windy I always that the thing was going to topple over.

That is so scary!  How does Ruby like the snow? I'm interested to see how the puppy reacts.  I sort of think I should buy a dog sweater for her because she has a thin coat and her belly has practically no fur.  She was not made for Pennsyltucky winters. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really need to see a picture of Ruby in her sweater!

I had a fashion show with Kooper and a sweater I had bought for her but it's too short or she is just too long. 

And just to be cruel, I stuffed my overweight Chihuahua in a sweater.  He was mad and refused to entertain me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Screw you guys and this whole HOORAY for snow business. NO. SNOW IS THE ENEMY, and it's army is not out done by any sort of winter warmness retaliation.

It's the devil.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:2792a3fc-71a5-4682-8ed6-e25606cca314">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screw you guys and this whole HOORAY for snow business. NO. SNOW IS THE ENEMY, and it's army is not out done by any sort of winter warmness retaliation. It's the devil.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

You'd just need a whole lot of those hair dryers you got there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:c8a66fff-da29-4c02-9017-db33ddc4902b">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Ahh, your pups are too cute! I'll have to find a Ruby-sweater pic to put up here sometime. DH always says that I take way too many pictures of her. Well... if she wasn't so darn adorable, I wouldn't take so many. By the way, in the "What do you want to be when you grow up" thread from the other day, I read your post about opening your own doggy daycare/kennel type thing..... and I have been thinking that is something I want to do eventually as well. I just gotta work this coporate-drone job until I have enough funds to do something like that.

Me too, I am trying to save every penny right now to make it happen.  Move to PA and we can go into business together!  :-)

A kennel license isn't expensive either, I think in PA to care for less than 20 dogs it was only $35.00 per year.  There is definitely a lot of money to be made caring for people's pets.  I think about how much I spent on my dogs when I was on my honeymoon and it was lucrative for the dog sitter & kennel!  Hahaha 

My H is very handy and all of his friends are in some sort of construction/electrical business so I could find cheap or DIY labor to build kennel space on our property.  Right now we use an electric fence but that would have to change and would be the largest expense for me.  Why are fences so expensive?  Geez. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • THE HAIRDRYER IS NO MATCH FOR THE SNOW UP HERE.

The wind will take that hair dryer and knock it out of your hands faster than you can stay STICK.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Stackeye, your coworker sucks.

FML - two words.  head. fucking. lice.  

• EEEEEEEK OWN. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards