Snarky Brides

Where are you aaaaall?

Re: Where are you aaaaall?

• cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:6d319c12-281e-4e20-b7b0-fae8ec2b0c6b">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you aaaaall? : Girl, you didnt register for a steamer??
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

me?? haha no. Maybe we registered for the carpet cleaner steamer thing? I'm not sure. I did that registry over 2 years ago :p

Mehg.... should I ask what kind of things some people DO participate in at fetish parties?
  • Evening!

Just had my massage, drinking some wine and waiting on H to make me popcorn. Not bad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Working at gay clubs is like working at fetish clubs.

One place I worked had a room upstairs that was the "leather room".  Cant get in without leather.  They used to have to turn the lights on every 15 min to stop the blowies.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:fdcf1e5e-f7ee-4b45-b886-2f93283479d3">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love dipped strawberries- I had chocolate dipped ones at my bridal shower and got a bunch to take home with me. 
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

I can't believe the size of the strawberries they use at Godiva to dip in chocolate. They're like The Hulk strawberries or something. I grew up on a farm and our strawberries were teeny-tiny, maybe the size of a bottle cap. They must feed them a shhit-ton of Miracle Grow or something.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • lol Steph I usually am in bed on worknights by 9:30. I don't usually get up until 7:15. You do the math. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:2126009a-323a-448f-904b-3090a1a3a040">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening! Just had my massage, drinking some wine and waiting on H to make me popcorn. Not bad.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

mmm wine. What kind? Have an extra glass for me.
  • Kate- I just noticed your sig. Love it. 
    imageVacation
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:b8dde0f9-0cb0-44a2-ad6a-9f9f53f58db5">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you aaaaall? : Mehg.... should I ask what kind of things some people DO participate in at fetish parties?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...it depends on which ones you go to. Fetish Factory hosts a monthly club takeover, and a quarterly 'extreme' fetish party. The monthly ones are pretty tame, with people maybe getting handcuffed to iron crosses and paddled or lashed with a flogger, but it's nothing terrible. Maybe some candle wax pouring, too. It's more of a dance party than anything.

Now, the 'extreme' fetish parties are...well, EXTREME. They'll have people getting suspended by meat hooks and swung over the crowd. And that's probably the tamest thing I can mention lol. I've only been to one extreme party, it was a bit much, even for me.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I also want to know what happens at a fetish party.

Those Godiva ones are massive!! and pricey, but that's pretty much a given at that place. 
  • I also need to figure out something to do with my hair tomorrow.  We have a wedding outside and its supposed to be warm and there may be showers so its going up.  I usually do a Balanchine bun with a flower on the side but I would love to try something (easy) new.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:f3d29a42-fe29-473e-9055-5c4a33ddaf84">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you aaaaall? : mmm wine. What kind? Have an extra glass for me.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Will do! Its a Chenin Blanc H gets me from Milat vineyards.

And I agree with the steam setting, I HATE ironing. I'd rather buy more clothes than iron.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:9fd8a43d-1126-462a-a0eb-84bc77a27b43">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also want to know what happens at a fetish party. Those Godiva ones are massive!! and pricey, but that's pretty much a given at that place. 
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

If you register for the rewards program, you get a free chocolate the month of your birthday. I wonder if that applies to their strawberries, or if it's just like a truffle or something. Cuz I could seriously get down with a free chocolate covered strawberry from Godiva on my birthday lol.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:866a09d6-604f-47de-8723-617e8c31604e">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also need to figure out something to do with my hair tomorrow.  We have a wedding outside and its supposed to be warm and there may be showers so its going up.  I usually do a Balanchine bun with a flower on the side but I would love to try something (easy) new.

<div>Can you french braid your own hair?</div>
    imageVacation
  • meagh- do you have to get permission from your superior to get new tattoos and new hair colors etc?  I was talking to a friend who used to be in the CG and he was telling me about that stuff.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:d0f467f5-c02a-4af2-8747-69aeb62521a0">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you aaaaall? : Can you french braid your own hair?
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Thats a negative.  And my hair is down to almost my butt.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also love the new dress I got and it was a steal.

http://www.maurices.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12685243
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Very pretty, did you get it in that color?
  • Blue- I love the buttons on the back of that. 
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:219de883-d65c-4530-8560-cc05ff5a3b08">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very pretty, did you get it in that color?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  I love blue (clearly).  It fits well too.  Im all puffy and ish from recent events so I dont feel like such a heifer in it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So the Sandusky verdict is about to be read (per MSNBC).
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:3c419320-ff13-4675-8928-1fe14a9b367d">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]meagh- do you have to get permission from your superior to get new tattoos and new hair colors etc?  I was talking to a friend who used to be in the CG and he was telling me about that stuff.

Back in the day, you had to get permission for tattoos, and women couldn't go two shades lighter or darker than the color of their hair. But, they revised the tattoo policy so that now you can't get anything on your neck below your uniform collar or above your wrist bone, and nothing gang-related or sexually explicit. Oh and you can get one ring tattooed per hand. As for hair, so long as it's nothing extreme, like green or purple streaks or chunky highlights, and our bun is above our uniform collar and no more than 2" in bulk, then you're good. Oh and we also can't shave parts of our head either, of course.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:b4373261-613b-4bc9-9bd7-61790e301a36">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you aaaaall? : Yeah.  I love blue (clearly).  It fits well too.  Im all puffy and ish from recent events so I dont feel like such a heifer in it.

I hear you on that.
  • cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    blue- I'm glad you got the dress. I love it! Brandi- it doesn't matter. Scumbag is going to rot in hell eventually. what a complete pieceofashit. ditto his wife. there's no way she didn't know anything.
  • Thats interesting Meagh.  He is my age and was in the CG out of high school so that was a long time ago.

He is my super interesting friend.  Gay, CG vet, Harvard Law graduate, who bartends in gay night clubs making almost a grand a night.  Also, when we hang out, people think he is my husband, lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Steph- totally agree.  I think what happened with Joe Paterno is heartbreaking though.  I wholeheartedly believe he didn't know (maybe that is another one of those naive points of mine). 
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:59b52ece-770d-46dd-a991-60fd98f690a7">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats interesting Meagh.  He is my age and was in the CG out of high school so that was a long time ago. He is my super interesting friend.  Gay, CG vet, Harvard Law graduate, who bartends in gay night clubs making almost a grand a night.  Also, when we hang out, people think he is my husband, lol. 

Haha I have a couple gay husbands, too. One in Seattle and one here.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:d72caef2-0d91-431d-ac1d-c2d74c7734cf">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you aaaaall? : Haha I have a couple gay husbands, too. One in Seattle and one here.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

He is an italian from staten island so the accent is the best.  Also, he pays for lunch every time we go out, lol.  Cant beat that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aaand guilty on 45/48 counts. Basically life in prison. 
    imageVacation
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    21 Jump street the movie, its fucking hilarious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-aaaaall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc09c598-b43b-4b6c-9420-a71d09b678f9Post:9ced2acb-2e57-4bf3-af1e-63008a98d5ee">Re: Where are you aaaaall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you aaaaall? : He is an italian from staten island so the accent is the best.  Also, he pays for lunch every time we go out, lol.  Cant beat that.

Yeah my gay husband here dresses super-femme on the weekends, and then like a dude during the week. He calls it 'boy drag' because he looks so different when he looks like a guy. Anytime he sees me all dressed up, he'll be like "You whore".
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards