Canada
Options

New to The Knot... Anyone else from Newfoundland??

I know it is a stretch but I just want to see if there was anyone else on here from Newfoundland (St. Johns specifically). I am having a hard time finding local resources so any help would be great!

Re: New to The Knot... Anyone else from Newfoundland??

• Options
    aspe85aspe85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not from Nfld myself, but my fiance is! I can't really be of much help to you, but just wanted to comment on how lucky you are to live there.. we were just there at the end of July for the George Street Festival Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I wouldn't be much help... but just wanted to give a congrats!! We're actually going to be going out East for our honeymoon.
    Good luck with planning!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm not from NL but just wanted to say hi. According to the Canada bio, there is one other NL bride - Shari 86 - but I haven't seen her around in a while.

Anyway if you want to be added to the Canada brides list, let me know! See info in sticky post at the top of this board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Though not from the Rock, I was MOH in St. John's. I remember going over often to do planning, etc. so we met with lots and lots of vendors before decisions were made. Specifically I remember things( like the florist -Howse of Flowers in Mt. Pearl, pics taken at Bowring Park, etc) that might help you decide. Let me know!
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!! *jumps up and down* I'm not from NL but I lived there for almost 5 years (gotta love me some MUN!).  I don't know how much help I can be but fire away any questions and I'll see what I can do to help!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!!

I'm here in NL, but planning my wedding for Saskatchewan. I think I am as clueless if not more clueless than you however :(

Best of luck my love!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yay I am so glad I came across this thread!
    I am originally from Labrador. Now living in Newfoundland.
    We're in Placentia. I go out to St. John's on the occasional weekend looking at things for the wedding :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Newfoundland.... and residing in St. John's!
    Getting married in 2013, but starting the initial planning stages now because some of the waitlists are 1-2 years. 
    Who else is from NL and getting hitched? :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards