Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Tea Party menu

My fiance and I are having a May 2011 wedding.

The reception will sort of be split in two:
A "tea party" where the whole guest list is involved, and a bonfire which will be much more intimate and may also involve some campfire goodies (burgers--veggie included, brats/ hot dogs, s'mores, etc)

My questions, however, all center around the menu for the "tea party" bit.

So far we've thought of doing...
  • mini desserts (like hors d'oeuvres)
  • coffee... bar? selection?
  • tea... How, exactly?
  • perhaps a lemonade bar (plain, raspberry, lavendar, etc)
  • cake, of course
  • some sort of lady finger sandwich? we'd like a small variety...any ideas?
  • Kids food: a big ole pot of goldfish crackers, PB & J cut like the lady fingers, apple slices, kid-friendly veggies (perhaps ants-on-a-log they can make themselves) ... any other ideas?
I'd really appreciate ideas. Thanks!

Re: Tea Party menu

• edited December 2011
    Ooh, great idea! You're right, dainty sandwiches (like cucumber and cream cheese, smoked salmon, I love a thinly shaved ham and cheese as well, but it's not traditional) are a must. Here's a link to Martha Stewart's Tea menu. Scones, clotted cream and a locally produced jam would be awesome - and my favorite part of any tea party. You could serve the tea in an antique urn:

www.ascasonline.org/gianmarco1825.jpg" alt="http://www.ascasonline.org/gianmarco1825.jpg" />

Many rental places have ones like this to rent out - I'd probably do two kinds of tea: a spring darjeeling or lady grey and something heavier like an Assam. I highly recommend checking out Stash Tea for their selection. You can order sampler packs of their teas too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards