Not Engaged Yet

Shoes the Predictor...

Alright hoars.  I said I'd do it, so I'm doing it... I'm predicting when you'll get engaged.

[VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:  This is NOT to endorse BSC.  This is all for fun.  This is not an exact science.  I was 2 months off for predicting Cate's engagement.  If you become BSC over this, so help me God, I will find you, club you over the head, and knock sense into you.]

Ok... fill out the questionnaire.  Send juju.  And by the end of today, I will make my predictions.

1)  How old are you?  How old is BF?
2)  How long have you been together?
3)  What are your current living arrangements?
4)  Fur babies?
5)  How many days a week do you see each other?
6)  Describe, briefly, your conversations about marriage.
7)  Have you gone ring shopping?
8)  Do you two want children?  If so, how many?
9)  What religion are you?  Your BF?  How religious are each of you?
10)  Where do you live?  State and big city/small town is fine.
11)  What's your relationship like with each other's family?
12)  If you have discussed it, what season would you like your wedding to be in?

Anddddd...GO!

Re: Shoes the Predictor...

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like fun!

I'm 20, He's 21

2.5 years

We live separately.

4)  Fur babies?
    None :(

On an average, not super stressful week - every day (7)

We've talked about when but because we aren't sure what life will be like after we are done with our undergrads and doing grad school, we haven't really set any timeline. We've talked about kids, religion, and a little about finances but I think we need to have more conversations about that. We've talked about pets, when we would like to buy a home, have kids, me being a SAHM. Oh and we have a book with 1000 questions to ask before you get engaged that we are still working our way through.

He knows what I like, we are choosing to be more traditional here and I'm not really going to be a part of the process.

We want at least 2, probably 3.

We are both Christian. Neither of us are active church goers.

Colorado, we both live in the suburbs.

I have some issues with his family (they make racist jokes and are way over involved in his life - he doesn't listen to them but they always nag and give their opinion when it isn't wanted).

He for the most part likes my family. There are some things that bug him (mostly some of the things my mom does that strain my relationship with her) but nothing major. They live 8 hours away and he only sees them a few weeks out of the year so he doesn't interact with them much.

12)  If you have discussed it, what season would you like your wedding to be in?
    Ideally we would want it to be in the fall (September) but since we still have school for at least 4 more years and we have younger siblings who would have school as well we would probably plan for late summer.

• becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No need for clubs now. :)  And I'd prefer for you to *not* examine any entrails in the making of this prediction. 

1.  I'm 27; boyfriend is 31.

2. We've been together 2 years and umm... 4 months.

3. We live together in a house that he purchased and we picked out. (I.e., I had say, but I'm not on the title).

4.  One dog (10 years old and mine from before we were together). Two cats (3 and 4--and, darn it, he's allergic to them, also from before us being together).

5.  Every day!

6.  Brief is hard here.  I'm not necessarily the best about not bringing it up. We're both concerned about making a mistake because we take this seriously, but he also has pretty much said that we're on the path or he wouldn't have moved in with me. (Only girl he's ever lived with), and we've talked some about what a wedding might look like--though we've talked much more concretely about what our life together will look like.  He's also said he wants to focus on finishing his Ph.D. program (lament! That means, maybe, December, and he knows I had wanted it sooner than that). I wish I were a patient person.

7.  No, nor will we.  Apparently, he wants me to be surprised.

8.  We're both on board for two children.  I also want to be a foster parent to children removed from their homes temporarily. I would also like to be open to the idea of adopting a child or two more if their parents' rights are terminated and it seems like a good fit.  He's not opposed to the idea, but it was never on his life list so to speak.

9. I'm Jewish. Boyfriend is agnostic. He would say that I'm super religious because I have enough devotion to not eat pork...  but I'm not *that* religious, honestly.  And he's WAY not religious. He is, however, completely comfortable with me raising our kids Jewish.

10.  College town suburbia, population ~80k.

11. My parents think he's awesome.  I get along with his family (though I do not like his brother, cough).

12. I made it rather clear that I'd like a summer super casual wedding with a bbq, a lake shelter, and no formal wedding stuff at all. He seemed to like everything... except the "what, this year?!" thing.  You should've seen my super smart boyfriend counting on his fngers the months through the summer.  Hehehehe. Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like some good old fashioned FUN...I'm In!

Me = 27, BF = 34

4.5 years

We do not "technically" live together (BF wants to wait until marriage to shack up), but we spend about 4 nights a week together, own a dog together, and are definitely not waiting on bedroom activities. 

4)  Fur babies?
    1 dog (together), 1 cat (mine)

4-5 days per week.

We have has "someday" discussions for years. Recently (within the last 6 months) we have talked more seriously about marriage, what we would want for our wedding, where we'd like to live and having/raising children. We know we are getting married. Oh yeah, and he asked my mom for her blessing about 2 weeks ago...so I'm really trying to stay calm.

Yes. We've been twice together. We already have a ring picked out, and it is well within the budget we set. I know BF already has the cash, just don't know when he's planning to buy it if he hasn't already.

Yes, we both definitely want children! I would love to have a big family, BF says he's cutting me off at two. haha. He just wants to be sure we can afford to properly raise any children we have, and I respect that.

I was raised Methodist, he is Presbyterian. We attend church together at the church he grew up in. We don't go every Sunday, but definitely more than just holidays. Both of us want our kids to go to church and have a sense of "something greater" than themselves.

Littleton, Colorado. It's a suburb of Denver. We'd both be happy to move somewhere a little more rural than where we are now.

We are very close with eachother's families. We do a great job of sharing holidays, we've vacationed with my mom together, He's met all of my aunts/uncles/cousins and I've met almost all of his. Family is important to both of us, and this is definitely not an area we fight about.

We both think a summer/early fall wedding would be perfect! All of my cousins are younger, so they are college/HS age. Many of his cousins/aunts are teachers. We think summer would be perfect so that most would be able to attend. It would mean a lot to both of us to have them all there.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to marry myself, like Carrie Bradshaw in that episode of "Sex and the City" where her shoes went missing.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:f0dcd344-85e0-4bd5-836a-d6341de108b4">Re: Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE] 10)  Where do you live?  State and big city/small town is fine. Littleton, Colorado. It's a suburb of Denver. We'd both be happy to move somewhere a little more rural than where we are now.
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

Hey, we live super close! Actually, you live in the same town as BF.

• edited December 2011
    Beth:  It's a tougher prediction, because you're so young.  But I say June-July 2012.

Becunning:  January 2012.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:5a56e8bc-991b-4021-a7e1-8ce20200453f">Re: Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth:  It's a tougher prediction, because you're so young.  But I say June-July 2012.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

That just makes it that much cooler if you are right :)

• edited December 2011
    Allusive:  November 2011.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:99d674c7-bcce-44e8-b32a-6cb031f6ccec">Re: Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes the Predictor... : Hey, we live super close! Actually, you live in the same town as BF.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I love the Littleton area. have you ever been to the new chocolate shop in old town? I think it's called The Chocolate Therapist. Simply amazing! They have samples of almost everything and a coffee bar too. mmmm....
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:9ec7381f-daa2-4ea9-a8ba-3e9a85958f18">Re: Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes the Predictor... : Sweet! I love the Littleton area. have you ever been to the new chocolate shop in old town? I think it's called The Chocolate Therapist. Simply amazing! They have samples of almost everything and a coffee bar too. mmmm....
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

I haven't been there but now I have to go, it sounds super awesome!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:8ac29046-50ce-481f-a05a-180380e091f5">Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alright hoars.  I said I'd do it, so I'm doing it... I'm predicting when you'll get engaged. [VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:  This is NOT to endorse BSC.  This is all for fun.  This is not an exact science.  I was 2 months off for predicting Cate's engagement.  If you become BSC over this, so help me God, I will find you, club you over the head, and knock sense into you.] Ok... fill out the questionnaire.  Send juju.  And by the end of today, I will make my predictions. 1)  How old are you?  How old is BF? 2)  How long have you been together? 3)  What are your current living arrangements? 4)  Fur babies? 5)  How many days a week do you see each other? 6)  Describe, briefly, your conversations about marriage. 7)  Have you gone ring shopping? 8)  Do you two want children?  If so, how many? 9)  What religion are you?  Your BF?  How religious are each of you? 10)  Where do you live?  State and big city/small town is fine. 11)  What's your relationship like with each other's family? 12)  If you have discussed it, what season would you like your wedding to be in? Anddddd...GO!
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><strong> 1)  How old are you? </strong><strong>How old is BF? </strong>28, 36</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>2)  How long have you been together? </strong>364 days</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>3)  What are your current living arrangements? </strong>we're living in sin</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>4)  Fur babies? </strong>nada for now, maybe next year</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>5)  How many days a week do you see each other? </strong>7</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>6)  Describe, briefly, your conversations about marriage. </strong>We're talked about financial roles, child rearing, rules, what types of parents we had vs what we want to be, church, the importance of family dinner every night, pre-marital counseling, vacations to go on before kids come and after</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>7)  Have you gone ring shopping? no</strong></div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>8)  Do you two want children?  If so, how many? </strong>yes we want 2!</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>9)  What religion are you?  Your BF?  How religious are each of you? </strong>I'm christian but I don't belong to a church by choice because I hate the politics, hypocritics, and expectations. BF is christian, he doesn't go to church because he values his time for his hobbies over being told how to have faith. Someday we will change that because we want our children to be exposed to church so we can teach them to find their own faith.</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>10)  Where do you live?  State and big city/small town is fine. </strong>A small city in southern AZ</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>11)  What's your relationship like with each other's family? </strong>I love his family, we see them a couple of times a month for family parties and events. He is getting to know my family at a much slower pace because they only come visit for a dayonce a month-ish.</div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>12)  If you have discussed it, what season would you like your wedding to be in? </strong>
    We like the idea of late fall or early spring to avoid the heat and have it semi-outdoor.</div><div>
    </div><div>Edited: I'm off to work for the day... but I can't wait to see what the shoe-predictor says later tonight!!!</div>
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:cbc4c13f-5986-42f1-9385-adb8899a0348">Re: Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Allusive:  November 2011.

This year, eh? I have a sneakin' suspicion you may be right. I added (probably after you made your prediction) that BF asked for my mom's blessing about 2 weeks ago...so just trying to be patient now.

This was fun Shoes - can't wait to see how close you are on some of these!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Since you were so good predicting my engagement, I'll give you a shot on baby-making!

When will I give birth to our first child?

Relevant facts:  Getting married September 1, 2012.  In transition until January 2014, when we'll get his base assignment.  He may or may not be getting deployed at any given point thereafter.  He'll be 29 when we get married, and I'll be 26.

Anniversary

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Both our birthdays are coming up, his in two weeks from today and mine is a month from today. We will both be 23

In November it will be 9 years.

We both live with our parents. When I get a new job and have more income I will be saving for a house. He is already putting money away each week for a house.

4)  Fur babies?
    None as of yet. We both want cats and dogs though.

4 at the least, depending what is going on that week it may be more.

We have been talking about Marriage for a while. He knows that I am ready, and we are waiting for him to be ready. He has said (about engagement) "You know that I am going to marry you someday, isn't that enough?" (Said during a BSC moment) Needless to say it was enough. We talk about marriage a lot pretty much.

No. I think he is going to want to go alone. He has also been told by my best friend that she will go with him and help him plan anything that he needs help with.

Yes. He wants 2 and maybe a third. I want 4, and he says that it will all come down to if we could afford 4. He isn't totally against it, he just wants to be able to afford a comfortable life.

I am Catholic. I am a strong believer even though I don't go to church every week. BF doesn't practice any Religion, but his mom is a practicing Prostian, and he was brought up Prostian.

We both live in medium to big towns. We live about 20-25 mins away from each other. He is about a half hour outside of Boston, and I am 45 mins outside of the city.

We are both extremely close to the other's family. We feel comfortable being alone with the other's family. At my family parties, my family will skip over saying hi to me and ask where he is. It actually gets annoying most of the time but I know it is because they like him and consider him family.

We have talked about either early or late summer. We would like a summer wedding, but don't want it to be too hot out either.
    friends tv show funy
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

1) How old are you? How old is BF?

I am 26, BF is 27.

2) How long have you been together?

Just over 2 years.

3) What are your current living arrangements?

We live together in an apartment (with my sister and FBIL while their new apt is renovated). BF pays rent, the rest of us pay the utilities.

4) Fur babies?

A chocolate lab and my sister's 2 cats (one of which BF has bonded with very closely and he will be really upset when they leave).

5) How many days a week do you see each other?

Every day. We go to the gym every morning, go off to work, come home after work and have dinner all together, and the weekends vary. We both try to spend time with friends, separately and together, and spend time together just us.

6) Describe, briefly, your conversations about marriage.

From the beginning he has said he wants to marry me and be with me forever. He brought it all up within a few weeks of being together (we were friends before being together, and we had a "courting" period of over 3 months). We both make comments about our kids and our wedding fairly frequently. Of late, the tide has changed a bit. After his best friend's death and some drama with his parents, BF is afraid of not being the man I deserve and afraid of bad things happening to our children - his faith in the world and things working out well in life is shaken, and he is trying to get a handle on it. It broke my heart to hear that he needs time, because I never thought I would be in the position to be ready for marriage and babies before he was, even though it isn't for a commitment-phobic reason. But I want him to heal, and I want everything to happen when we are both perfectly comfortable and happy and blissful about it and nothing is forced.

ETA: The logistics of marriage we agree on pretty much entirely. The kind of home we want, the fact that we want to build it ourselves, our finances, wanting me to be with the kids as much as possible (probably can't swing be being a SAHM, but working mom-hours). We both like the idea of working hard toward these goals and our family being the center of our worlds.

7) Have you gone ring shopping?

No, but we have had quite a few conversations about the style of ring I want, which he brought up every time and asked more questions to clarify. None of these conversations have taken place within the past 6 months (whether this is because of his new trepidation or because there isn't much more to know about the style I want, I do not know - I'm guessing both).

8) Do you two want children? If so, how many?

Yes, 2 or 4. We have both always wanted children.

9) What religion are you? Your BF? How religious are each of you?

We are closest to Protestant probably, although neither of us prescribes to a set religion. We believe in God and Jesus, and I have a very firm spiritual base in my life. BF has anger toward God at the moment about all that has happened, but is working through it. I pray daily, and I am willing to bet BF does not pray daily, but he does pray.

10) Where do you live? State and big city/small town is fine.

Smallish town in MA.

11) What's your relationship like with each other's family?

I love his parents, but I do have fears of our relationship reflecting theirs in some ways. His brother lives in CA so I do not know him and his wife as well as I would like, but we get along great when I see them. BF LOVES my mother, and is a big fan of my dad. My sister and her fiance live with us so we are all very close. BF and my sister have very similar tempraments, so they butt heads at times, but they can tell each other how they feel which is great. BF and FBIL are outwardly very different kinds of guys (FBIL is more quiet and & sensitive, BF is louder and likes to make people laugh) and were hesitant of each other at first. Since living together, they have begun to really respect each other and realize they are not so different (BF is sensitive as well, both have incredible work ethics, etc).

12) If you have discussed it, what season would you like your wedding to be in?

Autumn. BF is fine with this, our point of contention when we have talked about weddings is amount of guests. I've always wanted a decent size one, just so that I could have everyone there that I love, but BF wants it as small as possible. What with all of the wedding planning I have helped with recently, between friends and my sister, I have started to seriously consider the possibility of a smaller destination wedding for family and close friends. But we are very not there yet, so who knows!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:5a56e8bc-991b-4021-a7e1-8ce20200453f">Re: Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Becunning:  January 2012.

Could be possible!  But it's the school dilemma: he's busy now, and my spring semester next year is going to SUCK.  I'm doing my master's exam, student teaching (aka working  full-time for free), likely commuting 45 minutes each way, and working so I can eat on top of it...   It's the reason why I'd rather get married this summer than next.  If I get engaged next year, I won't have time to enjoy it. :(

This was fun though.  And a good way to learn about people!  Thanks!
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    edited December 2011
    Haha, sounds like a good time.

26, he will be 26 in October
    2)  How long have you been together?  3.5 years
    3)  What are your current living arrangements?  together in a townhouse, but we so so so want a house
    4)  Fur babies?  nope
    5)  How many days a week do you see each other?  all.
    6)  Describe, briefly, your conversations about marriage.  We both agree we'll be getting married eventually.  Our most recent comic response was "I should really marry you soon - you know my SSN!"  We're both the oldest in our fams, though, and trying to be amazing examples for our younger sibs.
    7)  Have you gone ring shopping?  Nope, but I won't be going ring shopping - that's up to BF
    8)  Do you two want children?  If so, how many?  Yes, 2 I think...
    9)  What religion are you?  Your BF?  How religious are each of you?  Christian both, not very religious
    10)  Where do you live?  State and big city/small town is fine.  Medium-sized city in VA (but we're NOT from here, so don't base your prediction on that, haha..they get married REALLY early here.)
    11)  What's your relationship like with each other's family?  Pretty fantastic.  His mom and grandma call me occasionally.  My mom texts BF about baseball...etc. 
    12)  If you have discussed it, what season would you like your wedding to be in?  A cheap one?  So we haven't really discussed it...snow is not an option, though.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hehe!  Fun stuff!

1)  How old are you?  How old is BF? I am 28 and BF is 30.

2)  How long have you been together? Almost 7 1/2 years.

3)  What are your current living arrangements? We live together in a house we picked together, but mortgage is in BF's name (August will be 2 years living together).

4)  Fur babies? I brought one with me when we started living together and we adopted another one together.

5)  How many days a week do you see each other? Every day. :)

6)  Describe, briefly, your conversations about marriage. We have been talking about marriage since we moved in together.  We once had a conversation that we would get engaged a year after living together and be engaged for a year before getting married.  Those dates have passed.  I have been trying to not bring it up again so as to not ruin any surprise.  ETA: A couple of weeks ago, I did have a "check in" convo with him and he said nothing has changed as far as him wanting to get married.

7)  Have you gone ring shopping? We picked out the ring in February.  I believe it has been purchased.

8)  Do you two want children?  If so, how many? We do want children!  He would be okay with 1, but I would like at least 2.  He is okay with that.

9)  What religion are you?  Your BF?  How religious are each of you? We are both Christian and neither of us are religious.

10)  Where do you live?  State and big city/small town is fine. We live in South Florida.

11)  What's your relationship like with each other's family? I am not close with my family, therefore neither is BF.  BF is very close with his family and I have a good relationship with them.

12)  If you have discussed it, what season would you like your wedding to be in? We have not discussed what season.  ETA: We have talked about what kind of wedding (elopement/honeymoon somewhere awesome and home reception after).
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • edited December 2011
    OOOOOHHHHH I'm excited!

1)  How old are you? 23 How old is BF? 24
    2)  How long have you been together? 1 year
    3)  What are your current living arrangements? Living together for 4 months
    4)  Fur babies? 1
    5)  How many days a week do you see each other? Everyday
    6)  Describe, briefly, your conversations about marriage. Its happening, he has a ring.
    7)  Have you gone ring shopping? Bought it right after I moved in.
    8)  Do you two want children?  If so, how many? Yes, 2-3.
    9)  What religion are you?  Your BF?  How religious are each of you? We are both Catholic and go to church together every Sunday.
    10)  Where do you live?  State and big city/small town is fine. St. Louis, about 3-4 miles west of the city.
    11)  What's your relationship like with each other's family? Great, we fit into each others families nicely.
    12)  If you have discussed it, what season would you like your wedding to be in? We are shooting for an early fall wedding in 2012.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1)  How old are you? 25  How old is BF? 38

2)  How long have you been together? Two years

3)  What are your current living arrangements? We've lived together for 14 months, in process of buying house.

4)  Fur babies? None, when are considering pre-paying for first pick out of a german shephard litter that's being bred now. 

5)  How many days a week do you see each other? 8 days a weeeeek.

BF: What ya doin, Wifey?
    ME: Checking my e-mail. I'm not your wife.
    BF: Well, you will be.
    Me: Make me.

7)  Have you gone ring shopping? Yes

8)  Do you two want children?  If so, how many? He wants one, because he's so frickin old.  I'll have to harvest his sperm in his sleep for the second.

9)  What religion are you? None, really.  Your BF? Raised Catholic, hasn't been to mass in years.  How religious are each of you? Me, quietly non-beleiver.  Him, beleiver who doesn't speak of it much.

10)  Where do you live?  State and big city/small town is fine. Second biggest town in KY, I think?

11)  What's your relationship like with each other's family? We went to my Dad's this weekend.  Dad and BF run off together and play. I swear, I think they skip when they're together.  They took the boat to the lake, rode motorcycles, and stood outside the garage with their hands on their hips discussing how to build on. 
    Mom asks BF how to improve her meatloaf, and tells me I'm not nice enough to him.

He's a little looney.  Last fall, we discussed getting married in September of 2011.  He still thinks we can do that.  According to TK, the date we picked is like 130 days away.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't propose and woke up on Sept 24th and said 'It's our wedding day! Let's go to the courthouse!'
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lmwilberlmwilber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are both 30.
    8 years, 1 month and 10 kick ass days
    We have lived together for 2 years.
    4)  Fur babies?
    Two cats, Chibi who will be 8 in June and Madeline who will be 4 in July.
    7 :)
    I am afraid I was THAT GIRL till I found NEY, so convos about marriage have typically not gone well. He does want to get married and we have talked generally about 'our'  weddings and what not. We are on the same page for the most part. He wants to wait until I pass the bar and have a job so that we are more finically stable to get engaged. (We'd be paying for our own wedding.)   I want to get engaged NOW. Plus he knows me well enough that I would want to plan, and not study!
    Nope, but he would want to do that on his own. He's a very thoughtful gift giver and I trust him and his taste.
    yeah, and if it turns out that I can't have them, we'll adopt.
    I'm agnostic/catholic, with a spititually side; he's atheist and anti religion.
    In a pretty urban suburb just west of Cleveland, OH.
    His relationship with my family is pretty good (but my relationship with my family is not so great either, so...) He and my only sister get along really well. My extended family loves him.  My relationship with his family is very good. His sis and I don't always get along, but hey, she lives in Japan so its not an issue. His parents are wonderful and I love them. We vay kay every year with his mom's fam, and I went on a road trip this spring with his dad's parents and aunt.
    Never discussed.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:a47d34fc-a729-4d91-8ada-fc2f388e13c1">Re: Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]1)  Last fall, we discussed getting married in September of 2011.  He still thinks we can do that.  According to TK, the date we picked is like 130 days away.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't propose and woke up on Sept 24th and said 'It's our wedding day! Let's go to the courthouse!'
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

*snort!*
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-predictor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f1536d40-d247-4f99-be7b-38bbf119bb60Post:99d674c7-bcce-44e8-b32a-6cb031f6ccec">Re: Shoes the Predictor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes the Predictor... : Hey, we live super close! Actually, you live in the same town as BF.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Yay! Friends in Colorado!! I'm moving to Palmer Lake in June!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    I am 35, BF is 36
    Almost 2 years and 11 months
    Living together since April 2009
    4)  Fur babies?
    Two amazing dogs!
    Seven, unless he is out of town like he is right now.
    It's 'when' not 'if'. He doesn't want to talk about wedding/engagement stuff, so most of our conversations are about what we think marriage should be about and how we will treat each other.
    Once. It was brief, and he didn't seem 'into it.' We have looked at a couple rings in magazines and online. Since then, he has decided he will take the diamonds from my grandmother's ring and design one on his own.
    Yes, one would be fine with us both. We'll decide on whether there is another one (god-willing) depending on how old we are at the time.
    I consider myself Christian, mostly aligned with Methodist. I am not a big church-goer, but do believe in Jesus and prayer. He has serious questions about the existence of God which sparks some interesting discussion.
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    I love his mom. I'm ready to start calling her mom yesterday. He gets along well with my family. It took him awhile to get comfortable (we only see them 1-2 times per year) but now he occasionally emails with my dad, and facebooks with my sister. He has decided to call my parents Mom and Dad when we're married.
    Originally Fall, but we discussed having a longer engagement which would push it back until Spring.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

edited December 2011
    Fun!!

Andrew and I are both 27.

We've been together for a year.

We live together successfully and lovingly in a 560 sq. ft studio apartment. Tonight we're having a taco and board game date! 

4)  Fur babies?
    We have two cats. Eshezo is five and we got Rose together when I moved in. She's about 6 months old now.

We live together- so everyday. In fact- just last Saturday I was camping and didn't have cell service. It was the first time in our relationship that we didn't talk to eachother for an entire day. Andrew said he missed me. LOL. It was sweet.

We've definitely discussed married more then the wedding. We've discussed where we want to live and how we want to raise our children. We've talked about what we want to do in retirement and our dreams and goals. We've planned dream vacations. We've discussed being soul mates. In regards to the wedding, we've discussed when we might be able to afford to get married. Who we might invite, what food items we might want there and some colors. They are usually brief- and I'm usually the one initiating. Oh- but before we move, he's told me that he is going to ask for my hand in marriage from my father.

We picked out which diamond we wanted from his grandmother's collection and are having a custom ring designed. We've seen the plastic casting and when we move to Colorado- we'll make the final modifications.

Yes, most definitely. We've talked avbout two. (A boy and a girl, of course. We've also discussed names- which we have since forgotten. LOL)

Boyfriend and I are both exploring our spirituality. Neither of us are particular religion. But my mom is Christian and his mom is Pagan. Interesting, right?

In a month- we are moving in with his parents in Colorao until we both secure jobs and find a place to live. My internal timeline says this will probably be about six months- and then we'll most likely be somewhere on the Front Range. Ultimately, we'd both like a house on at least a half an acre.

Incredible. For the last year- Andrew has come over ever Monday to have dinner with my family. I spent Thanksgiving with his family and his family flew out to be with mine at Christimas. Now we are moving in with his parents while his mom battles breast cancer.

If we get married somewhere in the Rockies- probably the summer. But Andrew has also mentioned the spring. So it depends on venue.

Laughing
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I feel like such a baby here.  19.  He is 20.

2.5 years next months

We live apart.

4)  Fur babies?

Nope

Everyday

We both want to get married.  Preferably before transferring to a university.  We almost got engaged in January then decided we weren't ready for it. We decided to wait another year and then see how things were then.

no. But we wouldn't anyways, I want to be surprised

Ya we do.  2-4

Russian Orthodox.  He is the same.  We are both very religious. We are quite active in our church, I sing in the choir and he serves in the alter.  The old world folks in our church have been hinting we should get married. lol

CA.  It's a small town.  In the woods.  In the hills.  And only Bay Area people know where it is. :)

He gets along great with my parents, they love him.  My dad said he would be proud to have him as a future son-in-law.  My brothers are ok with him too.  With his family I am pretty good.  His little sister adores me and his mom and I get along well( Finally).  I still have a hard time with his dad; he has some addictions, which bother me.  But I am pleasant to him and I don't make my feelings known.

Well we have kind of gone back and forth on that one.  I would have liked spring or autumn but seeing as we would be in school at those times, so it would most likely be in later summer.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Poor Shoes has a lot of work cut out for her when she gets back :/

We love you Shoes! I will owe you a birthday cake shot at a bar in Brighton that makes them really well :)
    edited December 2011
    Even if shoes runs out of tea leaves...it's been really fun getting to know people through this activity. :)
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    mmm birthday cake shot in Brighton.

We're 27. :D

2.75 years

one small apartment with one good sized bathroom

4)  Fur babies?
    No ma'am.

Averaging 7 days a week for about 2.5 years.

I want to marry you, someday do you want to marry me? Yes. When? When we can afford a house.

Nope.

Yes, 3 or 4.

Agnostic. Niltch.

VA, suburbs.

Awesome.

Spring.
  • edited December 2011

I'm 21, he is 24. We'll be 22 and 25 next month.

One year and 9 months

We live apart, but are moving in together in September

4)  Fur babies?
    Yes! We just got a puppy a few weeks ago.

Almost every day

We have both said that we want to marry each other. We have talked to our families about the possibility of us getting married and they are supportive. He says that he wants to marry me, he just needs time to get a ring and plan the proposal. He has said that he has given me hints about when it will be, but apparently I didn't catch on :(

No, but I have given him ideas and shown him styles I like.

Yes, we want at least 2 kids, maybe more.

We are both a protestant denomination. We met at our church and we go to church every Sunday. We are religious, but we aren't zealots or anything. Other than Sunday service we aren't very involved with the church.

Phoenix, Arizona

We love each other's families and we've never had any issues with either side.

We'd prefer it to be in Spring or Fall. Summer would be the most convenient but it gets too hot in AZ.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards