Arizona-Phoenix

Where to get a wedding cake?

Does anyone know of a good bakery for wedding cakes in the Gilbert, AZ area?  Any suggestions would be a great help.  Thanks in advance.

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Where to get a wedding cake?

• edited December 2011
    http://www.pieceofcakedesserts.com/

My DH and I went to a LOT of tastings, and priced out a lot of places...  POC won us over on all fronts.  I seriously ate our wedding cake for 3 days after, it was soooo good (we had way more than we needed). I crave it all the time now.  LOL

We also wanted something a bit unusual, and Kevin was really awesome with the ideas and creativity that we were looking for.  Everyone at our wedding raved about it, and still talk about it!  It's awesome.  =)

They were also able to accomidate my mother's special dietary needs and make us a matching side cake that was gluten and dairy free.  She said it was the best gluten free cake that she has ever tasted.  She still talks about it!

Theri reviews are off the charts...  and there's good reason for it.  http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/piece-of-cake-desserts-mesa/81f53dd2674a0eb0.html

I can't get the picture to post since I'm on horrible hotel internet at the moment...  but you can see our cake(s) here:  http://www.mmproofs.com/p520920463/h34ae0d48#h34ae0d48

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd POC, though they're in Mesa not Gilbert.  They were so incredibly easy to work with and the cake was just incredible, from what I've heard (we only got one bite).  They do give you a new top layer on your 1, 5, 10 etc.. anniversaries though.  :)

Here was our cake.  And those flowers that look purple didn't look quite so purple IRL but that was our venue's work, not POCs.

• edited December 2011
    Mesa is Gilbert area....  LOL

Our wedding was in Gilbert and it wasn't far at all.  =)

I basically skipped half my dinner to make sure I got my cake!  Haha!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Potato, potahto Syndelin.  :)  I live in Maricopa - anything North and East of the Chandler Mall might as well be Apache Junction to me. 
  • edited December 2011
    I actually found my cake baker on craigslist and she is out of her home in Queen creek.  She is VERY reasonable.  I will be tasting her cake in a little over a week, but she has been really wasy to work with and has been the best priced I have seen.  Price was an issue for us, so I am crossig my fingers her cakes are as cute as her cupcakes!
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting our cake through Piece of Cake as well! Definitely recommended! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My old roommate's amazing (she does amazing desserts in general).  You might get a good deal if you mention her old roommate Nicole 'sent' you her way :).  But either way she's reasonably priced.  Good Luck!

cassie@neverenoughsugar.com
  • jessjones1989jessjones1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let Them Eat Cake is very good!
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Piece of Cake too. 
  • edited December 2011
    One of my closest friends had POC and that cake was awesome! We're definitely looking into them for ours!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Graceful Cake Creations (on Main & Country Club-ish in Mesa)... Absolutely stunning work, reasonably priced, moist & delicious and Grace is just such a sweet person who puts her heart into her work.  Schedule a tasting... you'll understand why we chose her :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions.  My fiance and I are both in the military and are both out of the country I am in England and he is deployed to Afghanistan so I am doing everything long distance at the moment so I appriciate all of the help I can get.  My mom lives in Arizona so she is going to help me with my cake.  I told her about POC and she scheduled a tasting with them I will also tell her about Graceful Cake Creations and Let Them Eat Cake as well.  Thank you again everyone for all the helpful suggestions Smile
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    SUGARLIPS cakery in Mesa on Dobson and Guadalupe is amazing!!!!

http://sugarlipscakery.com/

They are also on Facebook.

I have had them make birthday cakes, anniversarry cupcakes, and went there almost every Friday for their BOGO cupcake sale (sadly they do not do Fabulous Friday BOGO sales anymore, but their cupcakes are still only $2 a piece, and they have a ton of awesome flavors, especially red velvet and their Moonpie cupcake).

My fiance also had Sugarlips make the cake he used to propose to me. It was peanut butter cake with chocolate fudge filling and buttercream icing. They made it look like my ring, which was awesome. And of course it was delicious.

Sugarlips cakes taste amazing, look amazing, and they are really nice people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have to say Kick Ass Kakes is amazing!!! Jay works out of a bakery/studio in Tempe, and is making our cake.  He is so talented and creative, and when we went to the tasting were blown away by how everything tasted.  We were sad we couldn't pick every flavor! He is professional and polite and is willing to work really hard for us. 
    Being weird is an asset! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards