Not Engaged Yet
Options

Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas

Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    NTOD was defending me in her comment, and while it was against TK T&C and she shouldn't have posted it... I can't say I wasn't thinking it. 

A lot of this show is acting. In some different courses I have had we looked at reality TV and found that a lot of those shows have loose scripts that the individuals are to try and follow or they set up a situation that isn't necessarily real. I am not sure if this is the case for BZ... but I would suspect it is. Any girl who applies to be on BZ knows what they are expected to act like and talk like in order to attract ratings. Reality TV stars have it hard, they have to play themselves, but still dramatize their own personality in order to have a job. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:72018627-7ea6-459d-a6f6-e0e3ae07ee34">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]NTOD was defending me in her comment, and while it was against TK T&C and she shouldn't have posted it... I can't say I wasn't thinking it. 

A lot of this show is acting. In some different courses I have had we looked at reality TV and found that a lot of those shows have loose scripts that the individuals are to try and follow or they set up a situation that isn't necessarily real. I am not sure if this is the case for BZ... but I would suspect it is. Any girl who applies to be on BZ knows what they are expected to act like and talk like in order to attract ratings. Reality TV stars have it hard, they have to play themselves, but still dramatize their own personality in order to have a job. 
    Posted by SeaTea02[/QUOTE]

You were really thinking that about that poster?  Wow.  I just... wow. 

I understand what you are saying, and can definitely see that in more high profile reality TV.  However, I definitely question WHY anyone would be willing to go on a show like Bridezillas.  Why would you want to be painted in that light for any amount of $/a vacation?  It's not like that form of reality TV is going to propel your acting career.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:72018627-7ea6-459d-a6f6-e0e3ae07ee34">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]NTOD was defending me in her comment, and while it was against TK T&C and she shouldn't have posted it... I can't say I wasn't thinking it.

Um, wow.

I'm sorry, but for as many times as posters have acted a fool around here, I've never <em>dreamed</em> of calling them a f*ing c*nt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I recognized NTOD right away.  She has a very unique face.  I don't remember what went down with her.  

In general, I don't believe that all of Bridezillas is real.  I do think that editing can be done so that things are taken out of context.

I'm surprised that a teacher would be on the show.  I'm pretth sure I would get fired if I were to appear on that show.  
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:af768a60-81c3-4eea-8a9b-05c9eae61d16">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I recognized NTOD right away.  She has a very unique face.  I don't remember what went down with her.   In general, I don't believe that all of Bridezillas is real.  I do think that editing can be done so that things are taken out of context. <strong>I'm surprised that a teacher would be on the show.  I'm pretth sure I would get fired if I were to appear on that show.  </strong>
    Posted by Goldlie11[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I was thinking! Even if the show is scripted, I can't imagine her leaving a good impression on students, parents, and administrators.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be afraid of losing my job if I were to appear on that show. Also, the comments online are BRUTAL and I don't think I'd be able to handle it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The jobs comments go to my wondering who would want to be painted in that light.  I just cannot imagine setting myself up for that type of situation.  It's not like the brides are told that they are on some regular, old wedding show.  They know it is Bridezillas.  No amount of $ is worth giving that perception of yourself. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:5fb04d3b-bdc5-4f93-b5e3-06bbe7c4d9e6">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]The jobs comments go to my wondering who would want to be painted in that light.  I just cannot imagine setting myself up for that type of situation.  It's not like the brides are told that they are on some regular, old wedding show.  They know it is Bridezillas.  <strong>No amount of $ is worth giving that perception of yourself. </strong>
    Posted by TheMutleys[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

• Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I recall correctly, NOTTD was thinking about selling eggs to raise money for the wedding and a bunch of people said that based on

1) her rapid weight loss
    2) Her recent post about suicide
    3) Her recent post about being bi-polar

it wasn't such a good idea. Oh, then there was the whole C word thing. The whole thing was crazy pants. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, I actually saw the episode now.  I think that the worst kind of Bridezilla is one who is nasty to her fiance.  That's sad about how mean she is to her fiance.  We wouldn't be married if I behaved like that.  
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, yes. The thread where I offended everyone with a poor joke. Good times...
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:b69cedbd-9628-4630-aa67-ecdeb046d1e6">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, yes. The thread where I offended everyone with a poor joke. Good times...
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Eh, I probably would have liked it; but I'm a jerk. </div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:6368cd21-1bad-4641-b7d7-c31e3e9f99ec">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_calling-everyone_.0" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_calling-everyone_.0</a> The thread where it went down
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh...now I'm remembering. That was right around the time I posted a thread calling the OG because I wanted to see what some of the older posters had been up to and other posters interpretted that as being cliquey.

• Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just re-read that whole thread and I will say that at least NTOD did come back and apologize...

GPB, you didn't offend me because I never saw the OP before it was removed. If that makes you feel any better...Cool
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am really not trying to offend Oeanca or Mutley with this, but I think for individuals slightly older than I am the "c" word is much, much worse than the "b" word, but it isn't as uncommon or bad for us. Really, I associate c**t and douche to be about the same, but even TK Gods who are making me blur my words don't equate them.... 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:c6cf8066-fc98-440e-8445-e11d815eee31">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just re-read that whole thread and I will say that at least NTOD did come back and apologize... GPB, you didn't offend me because I never saw the OP before it was removed. If that makes you feel any better...
    Posted by marleylikeair[/QUOTE]

*shrug*

I don't even remember getting a message from KA about it. I DID get one because I called Cate the B word. Go figure, right?
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:0980a8ed-0ee8-46d4-86d9-7fce4e490238">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am really not trying to offend Oeanca or Mutley with this, but I think for individuals slightly older than I am the "c" word is much, much worse than the "b" word, but it isn't as uncommon or bad for us. Really, I associate c**t and douche to be about the same, but even TK Gods who are making me blur my words don't equate them.... 

To be honest, I kind of agree with you. I don't use that word, not because it means very much to me, but because I know that it's a big deal to most other people. And I wouldn't use it lightly because you never know how someone else will take it.

And I'm sorry for what I said. I absolutely and completely disagree with everything you said in that thread, but I chose my words poorly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:0980a8ed-0ee8-46d4-86d9-7fce4e490238">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am really not trying to offend Oeanca or Mutley with this, but I think for individuals slightly older than I am the "c" word is much, much worse than the "b" word, but it isn't as uncommon or bad for us. Really, I associate c**t and douche to be about the same, but even TK Gods who are making me blur my words don't equate them.... 

I definitely do view it as much worse than b*tch and far worse than calling someone a douche.  It is a whole other level for me and reserved for truly horrendous people. 

For the record, IF we are assuming that older peeps view it differently, then where does NTOD fall in?  You are quite a bit younger than her, if I recall correctly, Sea.   Thus, the idea that she viewed it as you do probably doesn't hold much weight.  I think that she meant it just as harshly as it came across, and I think the f*ing in front of it definitey helped with that.   

I do find it interesting the weight that different people put on different words.  
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was on vacation during all of that mess.  It was night before I got engaged, actually.

I was pretty much glad I missed it all.
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's all come back to me now!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Late here.  I was told by my mom that the C word is pretty much the most offensive thing you can call a woman.  Does that make me old?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I enjoy the C word, and often. It doesn't offend me. I think it has to do with my liberal views and third-wave feminism and all that jazz - in this line of thinking, the C word has been turned, so to speak, into a word of empowerment.
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really think it's age-based either because I'm much closer in age to Oceana/Mutley/Goldie than to GPB. It could be regional like Sun said, but I never really thought about it.

For me, I think it's just that I don't really put much stock in this type of insult (bitch, douche, whatever). Names like this are just too generic and impersonal for them to really mean anything to me. As I said before though, I would never use the c word to someone because even though it doesn't really mean anything to me, I understand that it's a big deal to other people.
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I need to see if that's available on demand so I can watch. I'm just curious.

I don't use the C-word ever. I just think it's dirty. I'm also one of the oldest ones here and a bit of a prude.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:3978b826-5057-4807-ab7d-1f794ddaf08e">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas : To be honest, I kind of agree with you. I don't use that word, not because it means very much to me, but because I know that it's a big deal to most other people. And I wouldn't use it lightly because you never know how someone else will take it. And I'm sorry for what I said. I absolutely and completely disagree with everything you said in that thread, but I chose my words poorly.
    Posted by Ana_2985[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You are completely entitled to disagree with what I said, and that is fine. I have pretty tough skin and I don't take offence easily. Really, don't worry about it. Since it wasn't a very big deal to me, I was way more upset that was the straw that broke the camel's back and caused NTOD to leave. 

</div>

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:731bd890-7589-4375-99db-3bd01cd96c09">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas : I guess I don't understand editing.  I never knew that editing can put words in someone's mouth.  And sarcastic or not, there are many things in that short clip that I would never say to my husband or people that I supposedly care about.  Sun, your hairpiece looks awesome. 

I never said anything about 'putting words in someone's mouth'... I specifically said that Brittany is sarcastic.

Many people would agree with you that there are things that you would never say to people you love...  While I don't intentionally say things to hurt people I care about, I, like Brittany, am very sarcastic and I don't get offended by ANYTHING people say about me because I simply don't care what anyone thinks of me and my very select group of friends are the same way. I used to be very sensitive and I broke out of that...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:3a7d4761-2e07-42bf-957b-4839e80ce392">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas : I never said anything about 'putting words in someone's mouth'... I specifically said that Brittany is sarcastic.

Many people would agree with you that there are things that you would never say to people you love...  While I don't intentionally say things to hurt people I care about, I, like Brittany, am very sarcastic and I don't get offended by ANYTHING people say about me because I simply don't care what anyone thinks of me and my very select group of friends are the same way. I used to be very sensitive and I broke out of that...
    Posted by LyzMcFlyz[/QUOTE]

Your post said that they were twisting things around.  Twisting things around would be a result of editing, no?  To me, twisting things doesn't really matter based on the words that came out of her mouth.

You think I get offended about what others say about me?  LMAO.  Please.  I find it laughable that you are saying that to me.  I've had some very hateful things said about me on these boards and it has never bothered me.  I had a random poster wish harmful things on my unborn child and I laughed it off. 

I am sarcastic.  I am biting.  I am brutally honest.  That does not translate into using abusive language towards the ones I love and care about.  There is no way that you can justify just the short clips that I have seen of her on the show.  Sorry, but it just isn't going to happen for me. 

She can be the nicest person in the world.  She can be a great friend.  She can be all of the nice things that so many posters here are saying.  However, for me, I could never allow myself to be perceived in the way that she let herself be perceived on the show.  One does not go on Bridezillas thinking that they are going to be portrayed in a positive light.  Personally, no amount of money is worth speaking to my husband in that way, sarcastic or not.  It comes across as unloving and downright abusive. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_random-fun-fact?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f093fb0-fc6d-4309-a530-4d5297096a50Post:698fb9a0-bcef-4f12-824e-94640d550bb2">Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Fun Fact - Bridezillas : Your post said that they were twisting things around.  Twisting things around would be a result of editing, no?  To me, twisting things doesn't really matter based on the words that came out of her mouth. You think I get offended about what others say about me?  LMAO.  Please.  I find it laughable that you are saying that to me.  I've had some very hateful things said about me on these boards and it has never bothered me.  I had a random poster wish harmful things on my unborn child and I laughed it off.  I am sarcastic.  I am biting.  I am brutally honest.  That does not translate into using abusive language towards the ones I love and care about.  There is no way that you can justify just the short clips that I have seen of her on the show.  Sorry, but it just isn't going to happen for me.  She can be the nicest person in the world.  She can be a great friend.  She can be all of the nice things that so many posters here are saying.  However, for me, I could never allow myself to be perceived in the way that she let herself be perceived on the show.  One does not go on Bridezillas thinking that they are going to be portrayed in a positive light.  Personally, no amount of money is worth speaking to my husband in that way, sarcastic or not.  It comes across as unloving and downright abusive. 

I'm blunt, sarcastic, and downright snarky. I tease my friends and loved ones on a regular basis, and they tease me back.

During the wedding planning process, I got about as stressed as I could possibly get. I worked two full time jobs, on top of classwork and lab schedules. I had to go on a business trip to Europe two weeks before the wedding, and spent my evenings on Skype with my bridesmaids trying to figure out last minute arrangements. In the days leading up to our wedding, we had complete family upheaval, our wedding flowers arrived <em>brown</em> (instead of white), one of my BFFs had to cancel coming out for the wedding the <em>night before</em> because his SO was going into rehab and he didn't feel right about leaving. I think I literally slept about 3-4 hours a night for the entire week leading up to the wedding.

The day <em>of</em> the wedding, I had food poisoning, and spent a good chunk of my wedding day sucking down ginger ale like it was water and figuring out how to puke and <em>not</em> get it on my dress. They let us in the reception hall over an <em>hour</em> <em>after</em> they had originally said it would be available, and my friends had to set up our entire reception in 15 minutes, because we were stuck in pictures. One of DH's friends showed up drunk, in a Havana shirt with no shoes, and spent half the reception weaving around the room like a zombie. We were running close to an hour behind during our reception and had to rush through all the dances and songs to accomplish everything we wanted to do. One of our groomsmen got plastered, stripped down to his undershirt, and spent the last half of the reception dirty dancing with his date in front of my grandfather.

And yet, somehow, I didn't call my DH as idiot or dumbass. Not once. I didn't even have the urge. Nor did I have the urge to lash out at my BP.

Yes, people are not saints, and people make mistakes in the heat of the moment, say things when they are stressed, freak out when things go wrong. However, she talks to her DH like he's her dog, not her husband. (Scratch that - I don't even speak to my dog that way.) I don't have a whole lot of respect for people who talk to to people in their lives that way.

SeaTea, I get what you're saying. And yes, I'm an old fart who thinks the word c*nt is unacceptable to use in modern society, or at least to toss out there like candy. I was raised that it's a dirty, nasty word and you don't use it in reference to a woman, same as you don't use n****r in reference to a black person, or f****t in reference to a homosexual. I honestly think I've only used the term once in my entire life, and you had better believe that that person had earned the title (think years of abusive behavior). If the situation had been reversed and Ana had been using it towards NTOD, you'd better believe I would jumped on Ana, despite the fact that I consider her of my dearest friends.

People don't have to agree with me...but they sure as hell better be prepared to get backlash when they use a word like that. I'm sure some people might get offended if I call someone a b*tch or wh*re, even in jest. And if they want to call me on it, they are more than welcome to.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw the whole episode.  It looks like they did edit one of the fighting scenes to make it longer.  You can tell because they have on different outfits.  It doesn't change the fact that every interaction she had with her husband was nasty.  I can't imagine humiliating my husband like that on TV.  I can't imagine him letting me do it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards