Snarky Brides

Weird Habits/Things

Re: Weird Habits/Things

• I also can't watch hoarders anymore. However, I feel like with that show- you've seen one, you've seen them all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:603407c2-61ba-4411-bf38-3aed74097988">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things : Nothing is better than melaleuca chapstick.  NOTHING.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>EXCEPT AQUAPHOR.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:89a382b0-8eb4-41be-bf3b-6f0e698b778b">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I take forever to eat because each bite has to be the perfect bite. And I virtually never clean my plate because a little bit of each thing needs to be left on it.  <strong>I am psycho when it comes to Aquaphor. I start panicking when I realize I don't have one on me.</strong> I always need to sleep with some sort of blanket over me. My brother nicely pointed out not too long ago that I have a lot of my mom's habits/tics. I should have known it was inevitable.
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

I am the same with Aquaphor.  I have to have it with me.  I freak out and have to buy more if I forget it at home.
  • I understand the white creamy thing! Ditto! (mayo, ranch, sour cream) Blech! I also have a friend who despises Jell-O as much as you.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:682b22c8-924e-43a9-baa5-791e77ff3d83">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  I'm feeling pretty boring now.  Most of my weird stuff is food related...  Can't stand anything white & creamy (ranch dressing, sour cream...) and Jell-O is Satan's dessert.  Otherwise, I think the only other weird things are that I have to pull my hair back when I'm driving and I can't stand wearing sunglasses but I have several pair in my truck because I use them basically as a head band to keep whispies out of my face when I'm driving. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]
  • I only wash my hair twice a week now.

I hate the sound Styrofoam makes. My medicine gets delivered in it and most of the time make FI take it out.

I hate BBQ sauce. I can stand the smell now but if my food has one small bit on it I won't eat it.

I love cleaning the lint out of the dryer. I love to see the different colors it comes out.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I count things - stairs, steps taken, people in spin class.

I have to wear socks to bed, and have some kind of covers (even if it's just a sheet).

I can't have my foot sticking out off the bed.

I put on sock, shoe, sock, shoe.  My Dad thought this was so strange, because midway I
    have one fully shod foot and one naked foot. 

I save one of each color M&M for the very end.  They must all be eaten in pairs.

The volume on the car radio has to be an even number.

Food has to come out even - finish the meat and veggies in the same bite, for example.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Wtf drinking urine?  Sick
    panther
  • Omg Dodgers I love cleaning the lint trap, too.  I get so excited when I wash blankets and towels because I know there will be a crap ton of it.
    panther
  • I think the smell, texture, taste, and apperance of ketchup are all disgusting.

I cringe when I hear Styrofoam squeak.

I am addicted to Blistex, used to be chapstick until I developed an allergy to beeswax.

When I was figure skating I used to step out on the ice with my left foot first before any performance/competition.  And I thought that if I thought bad things about someone beforehand, that karma would get me and I'd fall down.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm feeling lame too. I'm the opposite with sockscan 't stand sleeping with them on. Pants too. I crack my wrists first thing when I wake up. That's all I've got.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:83377942-1c32-4bcc-93e2-1fc7cb547a22">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg Dodgers I love cleaning the lint trap, too.  I get so excited when I wash <strong>blankets and towels</strong> because I know there will be a crap ton of it.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Right now our bedding is white so it comes out all nice and white and clean.
  • Dodgers - on Tuesday I had to pick up our anniversary cake clear across town so I bought a styrofoam "cooler" and ice packs to put it in so it wouldn't melt on the drive back.  That stupid cooler squeaked the entire way and I was about to lose it.  I could hear it even with my music as loud as I could play it without blowing my speakers.  There is no worse sound. 
  • Gross, pee drinking.

I hate company. Like, it makes me anxious having people over. I like my private space and no one is allowed to invade it. Unless I know WELL in advance, because I can mentally prepare for it.

Sometimes I get anxious watching H eat something wrong, like biting into a Kit Kat instead of breaking off the pieces. I take small bites and eat slowly, he scarfs stuff down in huge bites and in my head I'm screaming, YOU"RE EATING IT WRONG!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:039b68bf-7034-42a9-a1c9-9fe4976ad698">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things : I've never heard of it. I'm addicted to EOS in lemon. <strong>IT smells so hood.</strong> Yes it's the egg looking thing. It's big enough that I can't lose it like other chapsticks.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>This cracked me up</div>
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I use a blanket no matter how warm it is outside. We didn't have AC one summer when I was in high school, but I still covered up with at least a sheet. I also can't touch anything when I'm trying to sleep, including H.

It is incredibly difficult for me to read a single fiction novel, because I get too attached to the characters. I need series, and even after that, I'll reread the books or start reading fanfiction.

I watch movies over and over and over... Yesterday, H was changing out the DVD in the player, and he said, "You watched 'Friends With Benefits' again?" I've seen that one probably 15 times in the last couple of months.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:c1706172-ece5-4ddc-9dd7-b4cc203f7ca4">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I eat my gum.  After it loses its flavor, I chew off little pieces and swallow it rather than spitting it out. (Sometimes I do spit it out, but usually not.) 
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

I do this too. I don't spit gum out, I like to chew little pieces and then swallow them. instead of one big glob. I constantly pull hair/pluck hair from various places on my body.especially my head. When driving somewhere I  ALWAYS take the same route, this drives FI crazy. I dont care if the other way is shorter, the first route i take to get somewhere is the one i always use. Work, fiancees house, home from places. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bay, I always stepped out with my left foot too.  It just felt right, for some reason.
    panther
  • Oh and chaptstick, whether its blistex, polysporin makes a decent one and now i'm hooked on Nivea pure and natural.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a specific order in which I do things in the shower, every time. There are also 4 websites that I visit every morning while I eat breakfast, and I always look at them in the same order.

I don't like the skin on my arms to touch the skin on my body while I am sleeping, but I cannot wear pajamas; generally I end up with my arms under the blankets but over the sheets, so at least there is a layer of sheet between my arms and my torso.

I also don't like my breasts touching each other, so I don't do cleavage, like ever.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:bf161282-d477-4272-8ded-5bbcfaf4b775">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>put on sock, shoe, sock, shoe.  My Dad thought this was so strange, because midway I have one fully shod foot and one naked foot.</strong>  I save one of each color M&M for the very end.  They must all be eaten in pairs. The volume on the car radio has to be an even number. <strong>Food has to come out even - finish the meat and veggies in the same bite, for example.
    </strong>Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I do the shoe thing too... If your already putting your sock on why not put your shoe on while you're there? LOL

My mom does the even thing... she'll say I need a little more potatos this isnt' coming out even. My FI asks her all the time if she needs anythinig to make it come out even.
    Anniversary
  • edited April 2012
    SEWF, I watch movies over and over too. After I watch a movie the first time, I spend the next few days playing it in my head. I don't know why. I do the same with books, reflecting on everything I saw/heard/read.

I can't sleep with my feet uncovered. I have to be wrapped in a blanket, otherwise I get a creepy feeling that a monster is about to bite my limbs off.
  • I have to alphabetize everything: Canned food, books, DVDs, makeup, etc. 

I only sleep under now particular blanket that is not our actual comforter. 

I cannot stand icons on my computer screen.  I delete every shortcut. 

I have never changed a diaper in my life.

I do not like any condiments on sandwiches or hamburgers. 

• I follow the same order in the shower too, Arwo.  I have to or else I'll forget something, lol.  Same with makeup.  If I do it different I will totally forget to do my eyebrows or something.
    panther
  • Also, this is really gross, but I love plucking hairs and I love popping zits.

I always pluck Ben's eyebrows for him.  He has awesome eyebrows.  And I always pop whiteheads on his arms.  And whenever he gets a zit on his face, I'm all over that shiit.
    panther
  • I point at everything. Like at the grocery store i I'm searching for something on the shelf, I point my finger a I search. I have to work very hard not to point at people since I know it is rude. Unless its related to signing of course. I have to shave my legs every day. I can't stand the feeling of hair growing back in. And I love climbing into the sheets at night with freshly shaved legs. If I have pajama pants on I will roll them up just to feel the sheets on my legs.
  • Ben doesn't pop mine, lol.  I get those to myself.

My mom does the same thing to my dad, and my sister does the same thing to her H too.  My mom was working on a nasty zit on my dad's back YEARS ago but it wouldn't come out, so she punctured it with a pin and pulled it out.  The pore is still open and she will routinely go back there with a pin and clean it out. 

Nice, huh.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:682b22c8-924e-43a9-baa5-791e77ff3d83">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can't stand anything white & creamy
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

That's what she said.

P.S. SERIOUSLY. I am disappointed in you all. No one picked up that.
  • The pimple things is making me think of this horrible youtube video where there was this massive one on some guys back and they have to use a scalpel. White stuff went spewing everywhere. Ugh makes me nauseous.

imageVacation
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:981a496f-e75d-4d08-bcb8-a5bd7c0f4b03">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to alphabetize everything: Canned food, books, DVDs, makeup, etc.  I only sleep under now particular blanket that is not our actual comforter.  I cannot stand icons on my computer screen.  I delete every shortcut.  <strong>I have never changed a diaper in my life.</strong> I do not like any condiments on sandwiches or hamburgers. 
    Posted by sweetredhead[/QUOTE]

<div>Neither have I.  I've just never been in a situation where I actually needed to.  My mom thinks it's shocking that I'm almost 32 and never changed a diaper.  The first diaper I change will likely be my own child's.  </div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • You zit poppers are gross. The thought of popping someone else's pimple is gag-worthy. And it makes me think of that awful Tosh video of the lady draining the guy's cyst or something on his back and it was the most vomit-inducing thing I've ever seen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards